It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 pm

Post subject: Using the SP404 as an external FX box
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:06 pm 

Yeah there's plug ins but nothing QUITE like SP-404 multi FX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXQNpcwsl4M

Post subject: Re: Using the SP404 as an external FX box
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:43 pm 

great antithesis of the forum

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:55 pm 

Bro plug-ins wayyyy better quality wise compared to the sp404….

There are even better hardware multi fx boxes compared to the sp404 like the empress’s zoia.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:41 am 

Kitchens.upplies wrote:
Bro plug-ins wayyyy better quality wise compared to the sp404….

100% the FX and their parameters on the SP series are very bare-bones and primitive. especially that garbage brick wall mfx12 compressor, jfc that thing is next to useless IMO unless you HATE dynamics in your music :lol:
in niche genres like the dumb shit i make, sometimes the bare-bones stuff is appropriate, but i'd still say a lot of the FX on the SP-404SX is useless (i mean come on, MFX 21 pitch?? :lol: :lol: or radio tuning MFX 17???). although, i will definitely say some of those FX sound pretty decent if used correctly. i really like the simple reverb engine (keep in mind i've never used any decent hardware reverb units) and DJFX looper is unbeatable (but yes ofc it's easily emulated).

Kitchens.upplies wrote:
There are even better hardware multi fx boxes compared to the sp404 like the empress’s zoia.

never heard of that one, but that's 100% undeniable. of course there are better multi FX units out there!!! the SP series are SAMPLERS!!! not "guitar pedals" :evil: and not FX units!!!

about the "quality" though, that's the thing about the SP-404SX, which is one of the main reasons i copped one in the first place, it samples in 16bit LOSSLESS WAV (uncompressed file format!!)
as far as i know, there isn't another sampler out there that records in such high fidelity (theoretically transparent fidelity). it really is incredible working with vinyl samples on that unit with a high spec turntable and cartridge!!!

funny af how the OP of this thread literally just uses his for clout and claims it's "lo-fi"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bruh he literally just presses the ear-assaulting, headache-inducing, mind-garbling
"LO-FI" BUTTON when playing all of his DAW beats on his SX for his youtube videos :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

yep that's definitely some prime lo-fi of the finest degree, OP!!

conglaturation :mrgreen:

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks