It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 pm

Post subject: Re: How do I get this "drowned out" sound?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:16 pm 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
zendan wrote:

I don't care to go back and forth with any of the toxic, old, sorry fucks on this forum anymore. that's old shit.

Yeah you'd just rather jump all over anybody who's new here and doesn't know what to expect from the bitter nasty fucking troll they're gonna be encountering..

No ones insulted you ..Youre someone who takes offence over literally nothing important whatsoever time and time again...you also got some previous form here remember,? theres thread after thread you've gone and either started or hijacked to serve your own agenda and self promotion, it's just another vapid excuse for your shitty,condescending behaviour towards countless members of this site .

Seriously..what the fuck is wrong with you dood .?

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

Last edited by Danswift on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:21 pm 

Bandit Lu wrote:
meh. I think you should asses your goals and really think why you're doing the music thing or what you really want to get out of it.

not everyone is banking on "making big" and not everyone is "just doing it for fun"

Being a touring artist going show to show sounds like hell to me. Also having pressure to produce music day-in-day-out for a scheduled record release also sounds like hell to me. But being a mixing engineer sounds kind of fun to do on the side tho!

Scoring a short film or series is fun too.

There are diff types of success in the creative industries and it doesn't have to, nor does it usually doesn't revolve around the artist's personal projects. Yes sometimes it is, but most of the time art is created for the clients who paid you for your twist on their ideas.

Its natural for artists to evolve their style over time. if you look at the current people and groups that have super long careers in music, you'll see they've changed over time.

To me, "Beats" are more or less dead. I do love cranking out classic boombaps and loose dilla-esq beats, but I'm more interested in finding a new sound that doesn't sound like anyone else.

Instead of looking at the trends now, try looking past those and just do you.

Change is always inevitable and biters are always going to bite.
No point in getting bitter over it cause it just gets more and more trivial as you get older.

They're bigger fish to fry. Especially now.

pce and good luck

i want to thank you again for your honest and helpful response

people like you help keep this forum alive and well

touring actually sounds like heaven to me, and even cranking out beats all day for work sounds like heaven
i'm even willing to produce someone else's music for them
my goal is not necessarily to "make it big" in that cliche ideal of fame, wealth, traveling, and promiscuity
i'd be very happy just making music/videos for people to enjoy, and i could chill off ad revenue. that's how people make it on youtube now, and we both know that's what ruined the entire "lofi" genre stereotype.

that's probably the only reason this zoomer "sp-fiend" bought an sp and came here.

i've made plenty of "beats" that don't sound like anything else i've ever heard (NOT BRAGGING, DANSWIFT; MAKING A POINT) so i honestly don't think it's dead. i do think the only reason i came up with anything unique is because i wasn't trying to make it sound like anything i ever heard before (and because of the ridiculous amount of pot i used to smoke lol :lol: )

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:36 pm 

Danswift wrote:
zendan wrote:

I don't care to go back and forth with any of the toxic, old, sorry fucks on this forum anymore. that's old shit.

Yeah you'd just rather jump all over anybody who's new here and doesn't know what to expect from the bitter nasty fucking troll they're gonna be encountering..

No ones insulted you ..Youre someone who takes offence over literally nothing important whatsoever time and time again...you also got some previous form here remember,? theres thread after thread you've gone and hijacked to serve your own agenda and self promotion, it's just another vapid excuse for your shitty,condescending behaviour towards countless members of this site .

Seriously..what the fuck is wrong with you dood .?

zzz
_(ˇωˇ」∠)_

sounds like you're referring to one instance in the "learning about compressors" thread when i apologized for my mistake, but someone decided to keep insulting me after i made it clear i misunderstood what he said. i've been here for over five years, old man. you should really learn that having erred once does not define a person.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:45 pm 

Danswift wrote:
LMFAO.
Oh look, Zendan's gone and attempted to derail yet another thread on SP Forums into a topic thats all about himself again and how he invented lofi hip hop in his lunchbreak at kindergarten blah, blah blah.

Just take that massive cock you've obviously still got wedged up there from out of your miserable stinking ass and lighten the fuck up you whining bitch ..you're a fucking disgrace to the entire community here Zendan.

Hahahaha..get a fucking grip for fucks sake.

Nah,you just sound like an immature dickhead..and toxic and narcissistic beyond belief.

That's it ..spew it all out dood...you feel better now ?

You're the one who's acting like a complete fucking moron and not the OP .

Danswift wrote:
No ones insulted you ..Youre someone who takes offence over literally nothing important whatsoever time and time again...

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:52 pm 

zendan wrote:

that's why this place is dead .

Zendan also wrote...

zendan wrote:

?????

FLOLOLOL

Do you even read what you actually write before you post your comments on here.?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:07 pm 

Danswift wrote:
zendan wrote:

that's why this place is dead .

Zendan also wrote...

zendan wrote:

?????

FLOLOLOL

Do you even read what you actually write before you post your comments on here.?

that's implying he's one of the only healthy members in the entire community (and you are reinforcing this sentiment). it's called "figure of speech." you can't blame me for your own illiteracy/incompetence.
you're grasping at straws at this point; just give it a rest.

i hope bandit lu doesn't miss my reply thanks to all of this incessant bickering.

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:58 pm 

Zendan, you're totally full of bullshit.

Here's a comment you posted from a thread we had going on the forum over a year ago.

Its also around this time that you loudly proclaimed you were leaving the site on several occasions.. Except that you didn't of course.

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:53 am

" i've been trying to turn over a new leaf and stop talking shit on here".

Turning over that new leaf didn't exactly work out very well,obviously.

Youre still here though, and still constantly attacking and berating other members who use these boards with your pathetic childlike tantrums and shit talking.

Lately I've noticed youre starting threads that receive barely any responses.. Do you not understand why that is, that many folks here don't want to engage with you because of how you've behaved towards them previously?.. I don't need to give names of the members here you've insulted or attempted to belittle, you know exactly who they are.

I stepped in on this thread, not because I want to engage with you either but because yet again.,you're acting with complete hostility towards a new member who dares to ask a simple question about how to achieve a certain production technique.

You show your true colours literally everytime you open that enormous know it all mouth of yours.. Its pathetic and also a pretty clear example of your failings as a decent human being in general.

Im done with you for now too... So go and fuck yourself you whining, over sensitive petty little bitch.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:04 pm 

Danswift wrote:
Zendan, you're totally full of bullshit.

Here's a comment you posted from a thread we had going on the forum over a year ago.

Its also around this time that you loudly proclaimed you were leaving the site on several occasions.. Except that you didn't of course.

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:53 am

" i've been trying to turn over a new leaf and stop talking shit on here".

Turning over that new leaf didn't exactly work out very well,obviously.

Youre still here though, and still constantly attacking and berating other members who use these boards with your pathetic childlike tantrums and shit talking.

Lately I've noticed youre starting threads that receive barely any responses.. Do you not understand why that is, that many folks here don't want to engage with you because of how you've behaved towards them previously?.. I don't need to give names of the members here you've insulted or attempted to belittle, you know exactly who they are.

I stepped in on this thread, not because I want to engage with you either but because yet again.,you're acting with complete hostility towards a new member who dares to ask a simple question about how to achieve a certain production technique.

You show your true colours literally everytime you open that enormous know it all mouth of yours.. Its pathetic and also a pretty clear example of your failings as a decent human being in general.

Im done with you for now too... So go and fuck yourself you whining, over sensitive petty little bitch.

tl;dr
you really need to look in the mirror
you're acting like a hypocritical child
maybe you lack the cognitive abilities to recognize your own shortcomings
i'm done replying to you, bud. you can say anything you want about me. i don't have ego. it doesn't affect me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ego is something that the weak and simple-minded cling to. sorry if i bruised yours

bandit lu, please scroll up to see my reply!

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:09 pm 

Danswift wrote:
Lately I've noticed youre starting threads that receive barely any responses..

ah, i got this far. you know most of the threads on this entire forum barely receive any responses? i could compile some data for you, but i don't have any need to prove myself. the most active members on this forum are miserable old fucks with no lives that circle jerk all over each other's GARBAGE "beats"
some of the worst shit i've ever heard in my life, i heard thanks to this forum.
just being honest. (and it's not that this forum is especially terrible or anything, some of the worst shit i've ever heard was thanks to reddit and lofi.hiphop as well. not everyone can be a great artist. no, i'm not referring to myself, and i don't think very highly of myself) people shouldn't take offense to honest criticism ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ how else could one ever improve?

let me reiterate,
you can say anything you want about me. i don't have ego, and i have nothing to prove to a pathetic excuse for a human being such as yourself.

side note:
innovators, outcasts, geniuses, those who are rejected by society often turn around to make incredible waves in culture, science, and art. i'm not referring to myself, but this is an established trend in human nature, historically. most people are incredibly ignorant and dull. these ordinary types have plenty of fun with each other. those who see the truth are outliers. outcasts. one love, b. :wink:

oh yeah, p.s. envy, spite, wrath, etc. very strong drugs! :mrgreen:

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:07 pm 

https://youtu.be/k44NQF4yCB8?t=673

"Be encouraged and encourage others."
-Abraham Laboriel Sr.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:31 am 

Bandit Lu wrote:
https://youtu.be/k44NQF4yCB8?t=673

"Be encouraged and encourage others."
-Abraham Laboriel Sr.

who dat?

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:37 am 

Danswift wrote:

hahah i just read the rest
you're fucking hilarious bud
i never insulted the kid. i was speaking solely concerning the youtube video OP that the kid linked. he called my music trash and called me a whiny bitch.
i firmly believe in treating others as you wish to be treated, so i reciprocated his actions.
it's the courteous thing to do :wink:
your cognitive incompetence is an astounding enigma.
:mrgreen:

-edit-
the fact that you think so highly of yourself, in a delusional haze, imagining that your insertion into the conversation with purely vapid, insulting, foul conjecture and banter- thinking that would help anyone or anything in any way- you're an incredible imbecile; congratulations. :roll:

-edit edit-
this is called stream of consciousness syntax, by the way ^^^^^ read a book. it would bring you much prosperity.

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:48 pm 

I had the same problem when downloading videos from YouTube. The video was very hard to hear and there was some hiss. I tried several programs for downloading videos from YouTube, the most effective one is winhasty.xyz - youtube mp3 with its help you can not only download but also format it in the required format.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:08 pm 

This thread should actually not have any responses because it was doomed from the beginning.
He wrote
sp-fiend wrote:
Ive been twisting knobs on my sp 303 with various effects and havent been able to achieve the sound

SP303 will pretty much do that on it's own with very little assistance from the user so what knobs could he be twisting on various effects that wouldn't lead you to hear the filter to get you started in the right direction?

Could be wrong but seems more like someone wanting instructions because they are too lazy to apply themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:31 pm 

just use an effect to filter main sample then resample that to another pad with filter then put vinyl comp effect and play with the noise and compression and bam you have that drowned out sound :mrgreen: