It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

Post subject: Laying down drums in the pattern sequencer?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:58 pm 

I've been using the resample method for a while now, I like it and I think I've gotten most of the techniques and my workflow down but I don't like how I have to trigger drum patterns individually, it's never exactly in time with the tempo (I'm not talking about swing).

So I moved back to the pattern sequencer to keep everything in time whilst being able to program drop outs/breaks etc. I'm happy with the beats I've made so far on the pattern sequencer. What I do is create my 2,4, whatever bar patterns and then I play them from my 404 into my 303.

What I'm wondering is how I actually manage to keep my drums in time but mostly unquantised with swing and without fuck ups? What I usually do is quantise the first kick of each bar, then add snares, hats etc. But say I want 8th note hi hats unquantised but in time, are there any techniques for this, such as using loop?

Sorry for the long explanation.

Post subject: Re: Laying down drums in the pattern sequencer?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:49 pm 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

If i want it timed right, i'll just put the hi hat on gate/loop and play around it. it will always keep time....

or, if you want the hats more loose, you could just put a dummy sample on loop to keep time, then delete that sample from the performance afterward.