It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:31 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:09 am 

In terms of visual aesthetics, i prefer the look of the 303, although, the 404 is a much more solid build and the knobs are infinitely better. I also prefer the smaller size of the 303 but it tend to move around alot when being played, as its lighter.

In terms of sound, the 303 does sound a lil warmer and tends to smooth out the hi's but nothing extremely noticeable. However, ive noticed that the output of it was producing a little bit of noise/hum and have removed it from my permanent signal chain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:01 am 

Phoplay wrote:
Mm, I'd really like a black one. Not for style or anything, though; I just think a simple black faceplate is a lot more fitting.

Speaking of which, how much would a faceplate go for (and, uh... where would one get it :P)?

You could also just remove the faceplate. It's really just a faceplate and has nothing to do with the actual case of the 404. The actual 404 has simple black plastic wich looks pretty good too.

The faceplates are cheap, they go for 14 bucks here. I don't know 'bout the UK, but if you google, I found this http://www.justmusic.de/item/sp404-colo ... 13583.html

Seems to be german though.