It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:24 pm 
Awesome Member

kristoffer1989 wrote:
then how would you explain this: " He said that in a lot of interviews and also the machine is in every page of the booklet of the album." ?just asking.. i down't own the album..

no disrespect, but you need to run out and cop that shit, like now. one of my all time favs. it's what being high sounds like. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:34 pm 

Wow, now I finally know what beeing high is/sounds like.

Word to iG9. Dead serious: get that album! (Get the version with the extra instrumentals disk!) Its my favourite of all the things Madlib ever has done. The WHOLE album is dope. Not just three or four songs. Madvillainy is my #2 album. Those two albums are classics I never get tired of listening to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:57 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

kristoffer1989 wrote:
then how would you explain this: " He said that in a lot of interviews and also the machine is in every page of the booklet of the album." ?

Although I do believe that it's possible that Madlib may have used an SP 303 for his music at some point in time, I can only find interviews where he says that he thinks the SP-303 is a neat machine, but I can't find interviews anywhere where he explicitly states to have used one for any of his albums....

I have to admit though, I'm nowhere near an expert on the sound a SP 303 would produce, so if people think they hear the SP 303 typical sound, I wouldn't know the difference. :oops: :)

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:02 pm 

He doesn't solely uses the 303.He has plenty of gear to mess with but his favorites are the 303 and 606 for their fx and their ease of use.
He did the "Adventures of Lord Quas" exclusively with the 303 and a side project named Dj Rels which was totally slept on...but mad dope,it's broken beat,homie has mad talent,yo!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:30 pm 

iG9 wrote:
kristoffer1989 wrote:
then how would you explain this: " He said that in a lot of interviews and also the machine is in every page of the booklet of the album." ?just asking.. i down't own the album..

no disrespect, but you need to run out and cop that shit, like now. one of my all time favs. it's what being high sounds like. =)

yeah i will somethime. but out of cash for now.. would love to check out the "303-album" now we know wich of them it is..

http://kristofferlislegaard.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:30 pm 

I know the RSP sound ne where :) I dont think he used it on unseen. But U can hear that sound (especially the timestretch) on alot of his stuff. Its all over the madvillian.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:48 am 

the unseen is 1200... it's got a [u]picture of lib holdin one[/u] on the back cover