It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:42 am

Post subject: Re: Day Glo Tapes for sale
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:18 pm 

If those of you refuse to use Facebook, I don’t need to know why. It’s fair enough. I use it to talk to friends I’ve made & don’t get to meet face to face too often anymore. I used to spend all my extra cash on going out, shrooms, acid or MDMA, a few drinks, and would come home fucked up to crash. I often wonder what gear I might have had the opportunity to buy if I didn’t waste my money and brain cells back then, but sadly I just choose to stay home now. I can’t pretend to relate to 18-30 somethings when next January I turn 50. But the friends I made have had kids & mortgages and yadda yadda. I got my crap life, but I like to sit on the fence & know they’re ok. And memes. I love the funny memes we all share. But sometimes it’s a time capsule into what I did or said years ago, and totally forgot about. The memory feature is somewhat a clue in what I bought or something I went out & did, something that happened at work, etc. Yeah I got randomly chosen to buy the tapes from some Zuckerberg AI that probably figured out “This might be up his alley”. And I contacted them to ask questions, and I got answers, so I bought them.

So the fuck what?

And then I thought “Ya know, maybe there’s someone on SP Forums who would love these tapes too”. I only posted here. But I had to share the story. I didn’t want to just be brief and say “Day-Glo tapes for sale, click link”. No, I share as much info as I can. If because it was sold from Facebook that’s a deal breaker for any of you, I feel it. And trust me, I get annoyed at FB choosing me to attend some church. Ha! I’m atheist! As if! Buuut, the data sharing means if a friend of mine goes to church, they figure it’s ok to spam me that. I just report it as offensive, hide all ads from the church and go about my business. It sucks but later some other church or temple’s ad will pop up later. Is what it is.

As far as Roger Waters goes, it’s a bit touchy. Someone had to steer the good ship Pink Floyd after Syd Barrett left, and as time went along that was more & more Roger than the rest of the band. They made their magnum opus for Darkside, but now that they had finally achieved success, it was a question of now what? They struggled on with WYWH & Animals, but then at some concert Roger was mad at a fan who kept requesting “Money”. So he spit in his face.

Roger being Roger had let his ego run the band and they were all facing bankruptcy for something or other unless they decided their next project. He had 2 ideas to offer, the pros & cons of hitchhiking, or The Wall. That was more enticing for the band, so that was the direction they went. But Rick wasn’t really on the album. Roger had basically given him a deal where he was on the tour for The Wall, but barely got to play keys on it.

Anyway, I think we all know what happened next. They made the album, tour & movie. But Roger decided to quit. But the band decided to soldier on. So Roger sues them and loses. But they played that last concert together 20 years later just before Rick passed away. So if you don’t agree with Roger’s iron grip on the band, maybe you like their music, but just not him as a individual. And you’re entitled to your opinion.

I don’t pay much attention to his solo albums or shit he says to the media. I just know he’s still gotta ruffle the worlds feathers while he’s alive. I don’t hate him for that. But I don’t think most of today’s kids even know who he is.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:36 pm 

Danswift, I didn't even know who Roger Waters was until I saw that video, and wouldn't know of it if it were not for the freedom of speech allowed on BitChute (where I see good use was made of the comment section too)!

I know of Pink Floyd and am aware of some of their most famous tracks, but that's about it. And anyway, I'm not sure why you're hating on the guy for this. Having rich friends doesn't mean a person lacks morals and standards.

All I know is he did something there that REALLY needed to be done. It's more than the majority of artists out there would have the decency to do, and to top it all off he did it while attending a meeting showing support for Julian Assange - so that's another plus in my book!

The fact he's even at a meeting discussing censorship and Julian Assange in the first place is VERY good to see, so the fact he took that opportunity to call out a cunt like Zuckerberg, I think, is a VERY good thing indeed bruh, and VERY telling of who he really is.

Zuckerberg uses psychology. This is psychology he has developed through the bunches of sheeple that use his services. He knows that the sort of people who appreciate a track such as that, are precisely the sort of people who would also tell Zuckerberg to fuck off. Zuckerberg doesn't need to concetrate on the younger generations because the WEF have been brain-washing them for the last two decades though our schools, right under our noses.

Unfortunately for Zuckerberg, most of us who left school before all the brain-washing bullshit started, have a more sound state of mind and it is those of us he was trying to target with the Pink Floyd track. For that reason, what Waters did there is a LOT more important and relevant to the outcome than you might think.

He gets a major thumbs-up from me for what he said, where he said it and how he delivered it.

Jaytreaze, yeah I know what he wrote, and that was my answer to what he wrote :mrgreen:

Mattcoops, you're probably better-off looking at the link Jaytreaze provided, but for those of us in the UK and Europe there is always Tapeline which I've noticed get a whole bunch of weird cassettes and even interesting case designs sometimes. Their stock changes often so it's a good idea to keep an eye on it. Even today, new cassettes, new case designs and new cassette shells get released.

Plus, I'm hoping that posting this link will redeem my usefullness in this thread and hopefully prevent me from getting whacked for derailing it!

Tapeline:
https://www.tapeline.info/v2/blank-audi ... l?page=all

Headphones, I've not read your new post at this point cause it's going off the edge of the screen while I preview my post, so I'll reply later today if I need to, probably after tea.

BTW homies, just so you know, the magic number for image-width on here is 550 pixels. The height doesn't matter, but as long as you scale the image to a maximum width of 550 then it won't break the forum formatting.

Me personally, I just rescale everything in GIMP (GIMP is free and does not spy on you), in fact every image I ever posted in the music thread was prepared in GIMP, some of them were even enhanced before posting.

GIMP is cool, very powerful and fully customisable with layouts, skins and themes etc!

GIMP:
https://www.gimp.org/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:44 pm 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
@ SP User

What Waters said about refusing to allow Zuckerberg to use Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick In The Wall' wasnt confined to some dark corner of the internet like BitChute ..it was actually all over the mainstream media several months ago..it hasn't been kept quiet at all ..far from it in fact .

Tapes on E-Bay
Here's the link again .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225005453726 ... UfEALw_wcB

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:17 pm 

Headphones, you take my comments far too much to heart, it's all cool mate 8)

Danswift, check-out Tapeline cause that eBay link appears to be a private seller just trying to sell-off a few surplus tapes. He probably bought those tapes from Tapeline himself.

Tapeline also has some pretty cool library cases for cassettes, and occasionally they do runs of those that look a lot like those giant VHS Rental cassette cases.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:48 pm 

Danswift wrote:
What Waters said about refusing to allow Zuckerberg to use Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick In The Wall' wasnt confined to some dark corner of the internet like BitChute ...

Bruh, I forgot to reply to this last time but just so you know, freedom of speech is a good thing and censorship is a bad thing, therefore it is YouTube that is "the dark corner of the internet", not BitChute! And considering the dark corner of the internet is also the most popular website on the internet, I'd say that's a major fucking problem that needs dealing with, and the sooner this problem is dealt with, the better!

Anyway, the bad news:
I just thought I'd post an update on the Casio: Don't laugh but it's going back I'm afraid :lol:

Was getting really carried away with it at first, was enjoying the sounds on offer until I noticed that the Filter and Resonance knob was a bit hit and miss. In fact on some sounds those knobs do absolutely nothing whatsoever.

Basically, they've stuck a couple of knobs on what is still an arranger engine underneath. It's common among arrangers of all brands to have default ranges specified for the tweakability. I've never understood why, but nevertheless they've done it on here as well. You can select, say, a Synth Pad and the knobs will work perfect. But then when you select something else those knobs might as well not exist because they simply have no effect on the sound, a complete waste of space, and in all the time I've had it I haven't even bothered to try the sampling. I've just been enjoying the sounds deciding whether I can get along with this limitation, and I've decided I'm not prepared to do that.

And the good news:
Believe it or not I'm not angry, cause at least it's made me realise that the sounds and editing on the CT-X5000 would suit me well, the sounds are good and varied enough to not need sampling functionality. And to be honest I would much rather have the professional fully programmable arranger features of the CT-X5000 than sampling.

I'm not buying a CT-X5000 until I have an SP-404MKII though.

And so the solution:
As mentioned before I also bought a Zoom R8 (which I love to bits), so I've ordered a Zoom H2n recorder and a couple of interesting SOMA products I've had my eyes on, so check-out these two pieces of awesome:

SOMA RoAT:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BL84cP ... _QKis/view

SOMA ETHER V2:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k_CwPo ... BXxV4/view

I've become deeply interested in both of those products, I reckon they're perfect for Experimental/Industrial/Noise/Drone etc, so I plan to use those two SOMA devices in conjunction with the sampling on my Zoom R8 and a Zoom H2n Field recorder as a complete production solution for doing weird stuff.

The Zoom H2n is a field recorder that has 'proper' analogue gain, can record in 'proper' surround sound with a 'proper' 360 microphone array and even allows Mid-Side recording without attaching anything to it. And, providing you record in RAW, you can even adjust the spatial effect of the Mid-Side microphones on-device after you've made the recording, which it then bounces down to Stereo, again, all on the device. So it seems Zoom are killer at Field Recorders as well as Multitrack recorders, and I'm sure they'll make the perfect pair!

You might wonder what role the Zoom H2n has in this setup. Well, first of all I'm going to need something to record the output of the SOMA ETHER V2 while out and about. The Zoom H2n will also come in handy for capturing street ambience, sounds, or anything really which can then be brought back to the Zoom R8 and assigned to sample pads etc, pretty cool stuff!

So at last I will have a complete, working rig, something I intend to make good use of and will hopefully use to produce that/those album/s I was talking about. Extra cool is it's so small I can literally sit at my kitchen worktop and slouch over it all comfortably, much as you do with a 404.

So, that means I have a very interesting and versatile synth for making samples from, a sampler, a multitrack and effects powerhouse, some really strange noise gathering equipment and even a kick-arse field recorder to collect both it, and any samples I wish.

New Kit List:

- Zoom R8 (For Sampling/Sequencing/Effects/Multitrack Recording/Song Arrangement).
- Zoom H2n (For Sampling and Recording Ether output).
- SOMA RoAT (For strange but powerful and controllable synthesis).
- SOMA Ether V2 (For strange noises we otherwise would not hear).

That little SOMA RoAT even has FM and Ring Modulation synthesis abilities, so pretty cool. Well anyway, personally I think it's a very cool, very interesting and very capable little rig. It's also pretty cheap considering I bought it all brand new for a total cost of well under £600. Absolute bargain, and that's coming from someone who finds savings very hard to come by!

Other than that lot, I just ordered a Duracell battery charger and the required amount of rechargeable batteries (again Duracell) from Argos, cause every bit of kit in that list can run on AA or AAA rechargeable batteries!

Last edited by SP-USER on Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:10 am 

Danswift

"So, SP -User..are you planning on keeping this latest set up you've aquired and actually attempting to make some music ?

SP-User

"Yeah bro of course ..this is the absolute perfect set up for what I'll need to start producing !

Danswift

"Ah cool ..good to hear ..looking forward to hearing what you can do at last"...

Meanwhile... uptown..

A whole 15 minutes of time elapses ..oceans shift, ...moons turn the tides ..gently away ..World leaders rejoice at the news ...

SP-User
"It's going back"...

Danswift :
"Oh"... :shock:

Continues on page 364....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:38 am 

Yeah but bruh, I think this is really it, I'm already settled on part of the kit so this is very promising indeed. Plus, the three suns of Thra had perfectly aligned to form The Great Conjunction at the time I decided on this little rig!

It also means I have a dedicated rig specifically for weird stuff now, so no need to base my decisions on other gear around it. Although I could do so, there's no plan to mix it with the CT-X5000 and SP-404MKII when I get them, so this little rig is strictly for weird-time stuff only.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:31 pm 

With any luck the OPSIX arrives today, but meanwhile Behringer comes along to tease me with this!

It’s not the best looking synth, but boy does it sound good. But they don’t even mention when it drops. And while $360 sounds steep, it was to get it as close as they could to the real circuitry. I was thinking it was going to be promised but that they’d fail to deliver it. But this is promising to say the least. Before any of you laugh or snicker, at least listen to it.

https://youtu.be/wtl8FVHmvu0

Attachments:
302F1A91-2CEF-4DD5-8685-10651838AAAF.png
302F1A91-2CEF-4DD5-8685-10651838AAAF.png [ 172.67 KiB | Viewed 351283 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:02 pm 

Cool stuff @ Headphones.

No laughter here,those original Solina strings were dope..

I've actually been reading about this Behringer clone myself a couple of days ago in fact so I'm very interested in hearing how this compares to the O.G.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:01 pm 

Nice, but unless Behringer either owns or has licenced the SOLINA brand name, I can see another epic legal battle on the horizon for them!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:39 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
Nice, but unless Behringer either owns or has licenced the SOLINA brand name, I can see another epic legal battle on the horizon for them!

It would have been hilarious if they couldn’t get the name license to the Solina, so they said fuck it and asked Selena Gomez if she wanted her name to be the Behringer Selena. As if that would gain her any respect in the synth community. It would make me vomit if pop stars had their own names on a synth.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:26 pm 

Well the batteries, battery charger and two SOMA devices arrived a few days ago. Loving the RoAT, knarly piece of kit for sure although I've not had chance to play with the Ether yet (I know what it does though so I'm sure it'll be cool).

I did however cancel my order from the other store for the Zoom H2n because I had a last-minuted brain-wave sweep over me and realised that for the same price, or depending on which one I go for even half the price, I would be better served by a BASTL Microgranny or a Teenage Engineering PO-33.

The Microgranny, being a tiny sampler would serve the same purpose as the H2n but also give me more creative functionality. And for almost half the price of the Microgranny the PO-33 would do the same.

I'm currently watching videos before deciding between them but I've definitely decided to go for one of those two instead of the H2n. Also, they're both small enough that they can be taken out and about to record the output of the Ether just as the H2n could be, so essentially both of them offer that same functionality and a lot more besides.

It's surprisingly hard to choose between the Microgranny and PO-33 though. They're both Lo-Fi samplers and both have a proper pitch control knob (yay). On the one hand the PO-33 has the benefit of a built-in sequencer, but the Microgranny has the benefit of being a true 8-Bit device.

If I decide on the Microgranny, I'll be replacing the 9V battery connetor with a standard 6x AAA battery holder. It's a hand-built device anyway and the 9V connector they use is basically just shoved loosely inside the bottom of the case, so the modification should be dead easy to do anyway and should even look factory spec.

Why the fuck they chose to use a square 9V battery instead of 6x AAA (which would provide the same voltage) is beyond me, but they did, so it is what it is and will need to be changed if I choose the Microgranny. I want to be able to use my new charger and AA and AAA batteries among the complete set. The charger doesn't charge those square batteries and I don't want a square battery anyway.

They should have done what Vlad did with the RoAT, if you look at the bottom of the RoAT you'll see he just left it open with a AAA battery holder in place to hold the batteries. It's a perfect low-cost solution and one I wish BASTL had used on the Microgranny.

Hell, even TE have done the same on the PO-33, that too has an open battery compartment, the perfect low-cost solution. And that reminds me, another modification the Microgranny will need is the bottom screws will need replacing with small thumb-wheels so that removing the batteries for recharging is just a matter of unscrewing them with my fingers instead of needing to get a fucking screwdriver out!

Again, why the fuck they did that is beyond me, but they did and it will definitely be getting changed if I choose the Microgranny!

:roll:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:16 am 

hallo good to see you again

nice tapes prolly i didn't listen but congrats on the album!

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:50 pm 

Might as well update this thread while I'm listening to Zindan's new album!

Not bothering with the microGranny or PO-33 now, no need since I unexpectedly have a MKII now thanks to that crazy German dude! It's also changed my plans a little bit, cause while the RoAT is awesome I regret buying the Ether, and since I've not even used the Ether I asked if they'd accept it back as long as I cover the return cost, and thankfully they accepted.

No point me having the Ether because the RoAT can make those same sort of noises and can even do so with fantastic controlability (yeah I really love the RoAT and highly recommend it as a noise and drone source for sampling).

So my plans have changed a bit, I am going to replace the Ether with a PO-35 SPEAK, I think that's totally unique, really neat and I have ideas about some pretty neat ways I could use it. The intention of course is to use the RoAT and SPEAK as sources to sample into the MKII.

I've also decided I still need a Zoom H2n so that I can capture surround sound ambience in high fidelity and bring it back to the MKII. I think I've also decided on a main synth but I won't go into that until I know for sure.

So, hopefully this will be my finalised rig set-up:

- SP-404MKII for sampling, sequencing, effects and production.
- RoAT and SPEAK for sampling drone, noise and vocal fuckery from.
- Zoom H2n for capturing surround-sound ambience for the MKII to sample.
- A single polyphonic main synth for creating sounds (which I'll reveal later hopefully).

So getting there, slowly but surely!