It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:32 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: From SP1200 to MPC60 to SP303...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:48 am 

Girru wrote:
TBH it's been a bit of a revelation that so many sampler/seqs don't have what I consider the basics - tuning/pitching/speeding of samples, pattern sequencer, decimal point BPMs - all things I rely on to knock my samples and tunes into their half-formed shape, and what nearly all of the many samplers I've had over the last 8 years (approx 18) have been able to do, and certainly the ones I've done the most with could (MPC2000XL, SP1200, Amiga 1200 & MPC60).
Ha ha. On the VS880EX, that W-30 workaround would've been SUCH a pain in the arse, lolz. I mean, obvs I'm used to janky vintage workflows but that would've been too far! And looped patterns are also part of the 'writing' process for me - i put the loop on, spark a j, turn up the Cathedral/Old Tape and wait till I "hear" what to do/put with it.
[

Girru, sp-404mk2 is very capable in tuning/pitching/speeding of samples and it it super easy, hit one button and then twiddle with 2 knobs (you can do that live). Sounds very good. Maybe rethink the machine. :D But you would definetly need your MS-1 as front sampler otherwise you have to deal with 48kHz DVD-Quality. ;)

Yeah, i am used working with pattern sequencers to. I finally finished my techno/house-ep on the mc-505 yesterday All tracks where recorded live, with manual switching patterns, fiddeling knobs and doing un-/mutes:) Now it is time to rearrange my gear setup. My next EP will be based on the Digitakt + 404 Sequencers, so i got looping patterns for beat creations again but for the final song arranging i want to use the linear sequencer of the sp-808.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9