It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

Post subject: pattern sequencer, tempo problem
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:06 pm 

hi , i wonder if someone knows how to deal with the problem of that u need to have the same tempo in all the samples? i mean you can not have 5 songs with different tempos in pattern mode.for example on patterns 1,2,3,4 u have a song on 120 and on 5,6,7 u have a song that the tempo its 80. So when u change from pattern 4 to 5, the tempo still on 120 and sucksss.
thanks

Post subject: Re: pattern sequencer, tempo problem
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:30 pm 

whats up olivamidmid!

I've had this issue as well when working in the pattern sequencer on several beats with different tempos. I'm pretty sure this happens because the pattern sequencer just has a global tempo, not, as you noticed, a tempo for every pattern. This can be solved by

1. Writing down the tempos for your patterns so that before you work on one, you change the tempo so that it matches the intended tempo of that pattern (kinda tedious tbh but it works)

2. Make sure all your patterns and beats in the pattern sequencer are all the same tempo so you dont have to worry about it.

3. Make beats using resampling so that there is no set tempo. This allows you to have more control over tempo, time signature, and pattern length, although a lot of time will be spent adjusting pattern length.

I've been using the third listed method and that works for me but whatever works for you

Hope I could be of help :)