It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:09 pm

Post subject: The "Trigger-Two-Samples-With-Only-One-Pad" Bug
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:58 pm 

Hi everybody,

I just threw my good old SP-404 on Ebay because of the new SP-404 SX that my postman brought today. A bit blindfolded as I just found out...

Please, can you tell me if the following behaviour is a bug: (??)

When I switch on the unit, everything's fine and Bank A is selected. If I now select another Bank I CANNOT go back to Bank A. Whenever I press the "A/F" button the display shows me the current BPM value (i.e. the "A/F" button does the same like the "REMAIN" button)!

The second problem is, that whenever I am on Bank A playing pad 1, 5 or 9 also the pad right next to it (2,6, or 9) will be played back at the same time. First I thought that's a new feature, but I can't get rid of it.

Strangely enough the unit does not want to tell me which software version it is using. If I press "MARK" while starting up nothing happens.

OMG, why me again?? ;-)

Have you guys stumbled upon this as well or do you know how to fix it?? Not a good "first impression" if you ask me. I guess I have to send it back :-(

Please help me out,
Thx a lot in advance!

Cheers, Ax

PS: I already tried resetting the unit / use my own samples / format the SD card ... nothing worked to get rid of this "bug"

Post subject: Re: The "Trigger-Two-Samples-With-Only-One-Pad" Bug
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:55 am 

take it back..

sounds like either there's some wires crossed or possibly liquid spilled underneath the button pad somehow