It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Limits are fun
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:22 pm 

Danswift wrote:
You really don't have much luck with the gear you buy do you SP -USER ?

Could be this Electronic music marking lark isn't really made for you .

Perhaps you should cut your losses ..take up the violin or the clarinet maybe ?

I might have my Grandad's old tin whistle kicking around that you can mess around on..I'll have a look in the garage for you ...it's your's homie ..:)

Remember! ..It's never too late to learn something new young man..

Well,so I've been informed anyway..

First and foremost, Danswift, I would like to thank you on behalf of myself and of my invisible friend as well, for your kind offer to donate your Grandad's whistle. It's good to know I'm among friends here, but unfortunately, it would never work. I could never take-up violin, clarinet or indeed whistle playing in here, it's just a flat you see.

Thanks for the offer tho, I appreciate it and I'll tell nurse I made a great new friend on here today :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:17 am 

This post went like a North Korean rocket. Lol

Yeah, I guess the moderators can lock it for all I care.

I sure didn’t start this post to whine about feminism or why someone isn’t getting any. So it’s been fun, but I don’t have much further to add.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:35 am 

Sorry bro, but one of the hardest things for me is to allow blatant trolls to continue without helping them put their foot in their mouth. Far too tempting, can't resist it. At least I know what's going on with these two idiots now, even if no one else has worked it out.

They'll continue entertaining me by eating themselves alive until the 20th, after which I can get back to my gear, popping back occasionally just to see how much time they devote to me by opening more troll-bot accounts, pretending to be hacked, and discussing potential relationships with their imaginary women.

Personally, I reckon Zindan should massage a Danswift-shat pile of bullshit into his scalp, and pray it aids with hair re-growth. I honestly don't know how the guy does it, he's the only virgin I know who gets laid, and faces decisions as to whether he should allow large-breasted women to have sex with him or not. I did educate Zindan on the joys of womanly fat earlier in this thread, but he either missed it or preferred the advice of his fellow troll.

*SHURG*

As for Danswift, looks like he might have to donate the wig from his love doll to Zindan if his hair doesn't start to regrow. We're talking a true test of their trollmanship here, cause I cannot imagine even Danswift being turned-on by humping a bald lump of latex, especially when the hair option probably cost him a few quid extra when he ordered her fresh from the factory.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:23 pm 

Headphones wrote:
I’ve got a lot of different samplers, drum machines, pocket operators, fx pedals, and what not. What I don’t have is a DAW or computer. Nothing wrong with anyone who uses them for sequencing or making a beat from scratch, but it’s not really my method. Anyway, I decided for fun to just limit myself to my SP404, Behringer TD3 for a bassline, and my Line 6 M5 multi fx pedal. The Behringer went into the M5, and that went straight into the 404. The TD3 is mono, but I was up and running, using a bit of reverb or phase from the M5, and I was having fun with just those 3 pieces. I know most of you just use a SP and nothing else, but just curious if any of you like adding other gear with your SPs. If it distracts you or messes with your workflow, I respect that. But to me it helps me do more. Yet I don’t like 8 pieces connected. Too many cables all over the place!

Anyway, I’m gonna do more of this after work. Peace.

Yo it’s got nothing to do with the gear and everything to do about vision. Samplers, synths, computers, and other shit are just tools.

I get that there’s a “fun” aspect in creating limitations or just focusing on using specific tools, but if someone is paying you to produce something under a timeline … it’s all about results. And as a pro, clients don’t give a fuck what you use as long as you get shit done per the agreement. You can wow them with gear but actual fast results gets you paid.

If I hire a carpenter to build me a shed, he can use only a screwdriver if he wanted to, but if it’s gonna take them months to build that shit I’d rather hire someone else.

At the end of the day it’s really about understanding what workflow yields the best results and that’s a very personal endeavor. Everyone will have diff methods and no point in “debating” or convincing people otherwise.

So yes, I have a shit ton of gear neatly stored on shelves and boxes like a toolshed. Depending on what I need for a project, I’ll take them off the shelf and plug them in one by one. This process makes my workflow very intentional. I do enjoy experimenting and having happy accidents but I’d rather build the skills and knowledge on knowing my gear so I can keep on cranking out whatever is asked of me very purposefully and efficiently.

Also the MODx and other keyboard workstations these days are the opposite of limitations lol. Those machines are so beast and essentially a full fledged DAW and midi controller all in one piece. Its silly to refer those things as “analog”. They are no less digital than a computer, daw, and midi keyboard. If you can’t make music on one of those ….. :lol:

Also DAWs aren’t just used for producing. What about tracking, mixing, and mastering? I guess you could go to a studio and track it out but if you do everything in-house you really don’t have much of a choice in-place of a computer unless you have lots of resources to blow on a big mixing desk and a nice chain of signal processors.

So yeah… limitations are fun only if you have no limitations set on the end product by someone else. I feel like the sooner artists, of any type, see gear as just tools and not a way of life… the more productive and effective they will be.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:56 pm 

"If I hire a carpenter to build me a shed ..."
I not only smell a troll, but a British troll due to the term "shed" as opposed to "shack".

"So yes, I have a shit ton of gear neatly stored on shelves and boxes like a toolshed."
Yup, and a shit ton of rubber dolls stacked up neatly in the opposite corner!

"Also the MODx and other keyboard workstations these days are the opposite of limitations"
I wish you'd convince my own MODX to behave herself then!

Hello again, Danswift, so how you getting on with your Juno-G Workstation's display? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:35 pm 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
"I not only smell a troll, but a British troll due to the term "shed" as opposed to "shack".

"Yup, and a shit ton of rubber dolls stacked up neatly in the opposite corner! "

Jesus..are you really this fucking thick and retarded? you're obsessed with calling ppl here trolls when all you've done is troll these forums for almost 12 months now with your incessant, tiresome bullshit .

You're a very strange twat aren't you, are you really this desperate for attention?

You're like a fucking overgrown baby ...my kids made more sense than you do when they were toddlers.

What an asshole, so predictable and truly boring as fuck.

The dude has an Instagram link in their signature..why don't you just click on the fucking link you braindead muppet cunt ?

Get out into the fresh air and sunshine instead of spending all your time in your crummy little flat listening to ABBA and playing with your tiny dick and do something fucking positive for a change .

Where's your friends the pigs btw ..I thought we were under investigation ?

Hahahaha..

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:39 pm 

Dude, you've got to be kidding me, you've got more chance of winning the lottery than you have of seeing me visit any website owned by Fuckerberg.

I'm more interested in why you're so hung-up assuming you're part of an investigation. I never said you specifically are part of an investigation, I warned both yourself and others that getting involved with (whoever is the troll) will likely get you pulled into a very serious online forensics investigation.

I've intentionally teased and switched suspicion between you to see how you'd react.

They won't look twice at any of this crap unless they suspect involvement with the heavy stuff, so as long as you're not involved, you've got nothing to worry about. It's completely irrelevant whether you believe me or not. I made it clear from the very start that there's a difference between the friendly jesting I'm having with you, and the more heavy stuff that has gone on. I cannot help it if sincere, well-meant warnings are thrown back in my face.

So to clarify:

- Don't worry unless you are the troll.
- If you are the troll, worry.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:54 pm 

Here's what you posted yesterday evening at 10 pm .

A polite notice to any (genuine) members here reading this:

"Please be aware that involving yourself with either of these clowns in any way, could pull you into a very serious online forensics investigation."

So who you referring to here exactly? ..you directly included both myself and Zendan in your comment there.

More bullshit...

"Dude, you've got to be kidding me, you've got more chance of winning the lottery than you have of seeing me visit any website owned by Fuckerberg"

Then you need to stop making your fucking retarded assumptions about members who post on this site .

It continues...

"They won't look twice at any of this crap unless they suspect involvement with the heavy stuff, so as long as you're not involved, you've got nothing to worry about".

You're damn right I've got nothing to worry about you muppet because I don't believe a single word you're saying here is true for a minute . .

You're just making shit up ..you're doing it for attention.

You wouldn't even be posting on here if that was the case.

Your ridiculous stories about "online forensic investigations" are nothing but pure fantasy ...they're only actually happening in one place .

And that's inside your head.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:32 pm 

There's more than one person involved in the trolling, clown, and I never mentioned you or anyone else by name in that post.

So you're not worried?
Well you could have fooled me bro, but I'm glad to hear it!

Not sure how many times I have to write this before it sinks into that thick fucking head of yours, but it is completely and utterly irrelevant whether you believe me or not. It is also completely and utterly irrelevant how many names you call me, or how much you think doing so will change the facts.

The only thing relevant is whether you're involved, so as long as you're not, worry not!

And since I'm obviously communicating with someone of very limited mental capacity here, I think I should also point out that I don't really believe you have a love doll, and even if you did, I wouldn't judge you for it, I happen to think they play a very important role in society and that everyone who wants one, should have one.

So by all means, carry-on throwing your mentally unhinged verbal at me like a man possessed, it's all incredibly yawn-worthy stuff but if you really must, I just wish you'd take the time to format your posts a bit better, cause looking at them it's like some spastic formatted them - messy as fuck!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:49 pm 

Yo it’s got nothing to do with the gear and everything to do about vision. Samplers, synths, computers, and other shit are just tools.

I get that there’s a “fun” aspect in creating limitations or just focusing on using specific tools, but if someone is paying you to produce something under a timeline … it’s all about results. And as a pro, clients don’t give a fuck what you use as long as you get shit done per the agreement. You can wow them with gear but actual fast results gets you paid.

If I hire a carpenter to build me a shed, he can use only a screwdriver if he wanted to, but if it’s gonna take them months to build that shit I’d rather hire someone else.

At the end of the day it’s really about understanding what workflow yields the best results and that’s a very personal endeavor. Everyone will have diff methods and no point in “debating” or convincing people otherwise.

So yes, I have a shit ton of gear neatly stored on shelves and boxes like a toolshed. Depending on what I need for a project, I’ll take them off the shelf and plug them in one by one. This process makes my workflow very intentional. I do enjoy experimenting and having happy accidents but I’d rather build the skills and knowledge on knowing my gear so I can keep on cranking out whatever is asked of me very purposefully and efficiently.

Also the MODx and other keyboard workstations these days are the opposite of limitations lol. Those machines are so beast and essentially a full fledged DAW and midi controller all in one piece. Its silly to refer those things as “analog”. They are no less digital than a computer, daw, and midi keyboard. If you can’t make music on one of those ….. :lol:

Also DAWs aren’t just used for producing. What about tracking, mixing, and mastering? I guess you could go to a studio and track it out but if you do everything in-house you really don’t have much of a choice in-place of a computer unless you have lots of resources to blow on a big mixing desk and a nice chain of signal processors.

So yeah… limitations are fun only if you have no limitations set on the end product by someone else. I feel like the sooner artists, of any type, see gear as just tools and not a way of life… the more productive and effective they will be.[/quote]

When I feel inspired I grab my gear, set it up, and see what I come up with. When I’m hanging with friends, relaxing after work, or just feel more like watching YouTube or a DVD, then my gear can sit untouched for a minute. It just takes me awhile to get the ideas. But I always noticed I can solve a problem with one thing in my setup, and come to find there will be something missing or needed later. Anything to a bigger mixer with more channels, or perhaps some box of sounds I might decide I need. Like you said, they’re tools for the job. But I’m not in any recording contract. I’ve never posted a beat here, for I lack a device to get it here. (A computer!, I just use my iPhone lately). I’ve got ideas for gear I’d be able to utilize if I could go out & buy it. But I’m not complaining by any means. It’s just a hobby I spend money on, but I’m not really looking to make my money back from it. I don’t sing other than karaoke once in a blue moon, I don’t have a friend I invite over to jam with, and I don’t have a wife & kids to support, so it’s probably why I just make my music in my own little bubble. But I just like sounds and shaping them. I’m gonna invest in more modular gear hopefully next year and see where that leads me. Probably with a rats nest of wires & a modular beast of a synth that makes demonic fart noises for all I care. But when you find by connecting it altogether I can play with all my gear I got unless I sell it. I think I used to go through gear more rapidly years ago, buy some, play with it, and hard times hit and it had to go. And some of it I went & picked up again, but not much I sold and didn’t feel upset I let it go. (An Akai MPC1k & a Yamaha SU200 that just made me mad)

I look at Native Instruments Maschine, and I know it’s powerful, but I’d never get it because it requires a DAW. If it ever becomes a stand alone device, THEN I’d at least be willing to look into it. It’s just not the method I care for. VST softsynths Ive used in my past I don’t own now. They were fun, but missing something. Something I could shape with my hands rather than a mouse. Less messy as far as power/audio/midi cables perhaps, but DAWS just frustrated me when the computer was too slow to run something.

So if people told me I have GAS, they’re probably right, but I don’t care. It makes me happy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:04 pm 

@headphones

Word. I’m not knocking how you do things, just was giving my views on it. I am also a gearhead and suffer from GAS all the time and also spend countless hours-days-months reading up on shit considering and debating whether or not I should buy. Playing on new pieces of gear is def fun! Right now I’m GASing over upgrading my interface so I can then gas over running my final mix through dif kinds of transformers and mastering processors to replace my VSTs. Literally debating whether or not to drop 15k on shit that would equate to a little bit of sprinkles on my final mix :cry: I can’t stop looking tho :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:58 pm 

Yep, another G.A.S. sufferer here .

All those waveforms lost in time,like tears in the rain ..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:02 pm 

Danswift wrote:
Yep, another G.A.S. sufferer here .

All those waveforms lost in time,like tears in the rain ..

you should donate some of that unhealthily obtained gear to me :wink:

a lot of fucked up shit has happened to me lately, and i am so financially fucked smh. i WISH i could have G.A.S. :cry:

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:34 pm 

Yeah, I don’t think so. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:20 am 

Dealer had no luck with Yamaha so it's being collected today for a refund, fuck it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next