It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Limits are fun
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:42 pm 

Headphones wrote:
I recommend The Crave for the sound if it’s your first dip in the world of modular. I’m sure people would rather spend $200 to decide if patch cables and CV sequencing are for them than spending $5-2000 to find they either have no clue what they’re doing or trying to accomplish. I meant to pair it with an Arturia Mini/Microbrute, but I guess they stopped making them, and I’ll just have to get a Keystep Pro controller…with mini keys! (Sigh). But now that Behringer announced the TD3MO (a TD3 on steroids and more CV connectivity), I want to pair that with the Crave, because the TD3’s CV doesn’t do much. I’m glad they’re there, but when I run sequences on it and patch it to the Crave, I’m not noticing anything really too different. Maybe I’m just patching the wrong points. But a TD3MO seems like it’s ready to go.

Probably by my birthday or early 2022 I really want a RD9. My RD6 is ok, but it’s internal memory is 32 patterns. I’m sure the RD9 can store more. I did a review on it here if you care to read it. Anyhoo, Behringer was supposed to have a Solina synth clone. But I guess they haven’t nailed it down as of yet. So that’s one I’d love to get.

Much as I'm into sound design, I gotta be honest and tell you that I've never wanted to get into modular. I'm far too impatient for that, and it's just as well I am cause I could never afford to get into that anyway. Don't mind the semi-modulars such as the 2600, Crave, MS-20 and Neutron, because at least they're a bit more instant and still give you modular-like flexibility.

It's weird how things go though. I've wanted a nice 100% analogue synthesizer with true polyphony for like 25 years now. Still don't have one but you know what, even if I were to throw every egg I have into one basket right now and buy one, there would still be a voice in the back of my head calling me an ABSOLUTE TIT for not buying a Yamaha MODX8 instead. Out of all the gear out there, the MODX8 is the one piece of gear I would buy if I had the money, because I could do everything I ever wanted on it, even try my hand at Hip-Hop.

You can sample, re-sample, shove samples into oscillators, mangle digital audio with synthesis, the sky's the limit. It also has this amazing envelope-follower type modulation system built in. There's so much power you can design your very own 'wow and flutter' vinyl and tape simulator directly on the machine, assign the samples to keys, mute groups, have effects assigned per key (or sample), and bang-away like a Hip-Hop master possessed! All of that can be sequenced, recorded, sampled, re-sampled and so on - absolutely amazing.

People generally don't think of the MODX as a sampler, but actually it is a very powerful sampler/resampler when you read the user manuals properly and realise how to do these things.

Plus, that's without even getting into the fact that it has the FM-X engine as well, which is an 8-Operator evolution of the original 6-Operator DX7 design, with crazy modulation abilities added. To top it all off you get a quality 88-key keybed to let rip on. I've been considering selling a couiple of my multi-tracks and putting the cash towards what I have saved to get one. Just before writing this post I contacted a local guy who might even buy them. If I get what I want for them and I'm able to sweet-talk the dealer into giving me enough of a discount on a brand new MODX8, I would do that and get a MODX8 instead of going the other route.

It would be a very sad day for the people on here if they thought that SP-USER was no longer going to be around cause he got a MODX8 instead (they love me really), but they needn't be sad, I just noticed a comp on here that allows non-SP participants anyway, so I would still be around even if I did go the MODX8 route! Plus I like listening to the SPBBs on here anyway, so would keep that up regardless. I might even use the MODX8 to make some Lo-Fi sample packs for their SPs!

But yeah, man, that would be awesome to be able to get a MODX8. They initially released it without a sequencer (yeah I know, WTF), but thankfully they added one in an update and I've wanted one ever since. So, gonna see how it goes selling those multi-tracks before I go laying money down on the 101 and 404, just in case I'm able to get the MODX8 instead. I'll be very happy with either route to be honest, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Either way, I'll be glad when I finally have something I can just enjoy using. There isn't a word in the English Dictionary sufficient enough to describe how musically bloody frustrated I am right now - there just isn't a bloody word!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:35 pm 

Was just watching the old loopop review of the MODX, and man, so many changes since then. Really nice sequencer added since then (which was more recently demoed by BoBeats).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP2p4awFaXE

Thankfully there's also a way to remove those stupid laggy slide effects from the touch display to make it nice and snappy, and another thing I'm glad to read is that you can disable that annoying beep every time you touch the screen.

Yamaha really should have those two options disabled by default, because both features are gimmicky and must surely drive people nuts. First thing I'll be doing if I get one is going into the preferences and disabling that annoying beep and that stupid, laggy slide effect from the screen!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:11 am 

I kinda like the Crave though. It’s no Yamaha MODX, that’s for sure. But I kinda enjoy the mystery of the journey of what I might create from scratch by connecting a oscillator to a LFO to a Envelope to a filter, etc, etc. I was paid yesterday and I came sooooo close to ordering a Hungry Robot Modular sequencer or Attenuater pedal. Buuuuut, I decided I need my transit pass to get to work. So it’s not fair sometimes when you know there’s great gear out there you can’t afford. But I’m just gonna have to get a 2nd job at this rate to save up the extra dough I need. And have zero time to use my equipment. That’s how it goes I guess.

It’s funny how this whole post has gone into our long rant about gear, the trends, and the stuff we’d buy if we had the money. I’m really thinking about the MPC One. But I hear there’s a MPC keyboard on the way. MPCs have always been production boxes the size of cash registers, but have shrunk to the size of the MPC500, and now will finally have actual Keys!! Who’d have ever thought?? Will it work? Will the fans embrace it? Or take a hard pass? Remains to be seen. But I’m never selling my gear to buy one.

Anyhoo, I might look into the MODX some more. I probably can’t afford it, but it’d be interesting to see what it can do. And who knows? Maybe Yamaha can make a slimmed down version later?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:58 pm 

Well put it this way, I think the Crave is so good I even contemplated buying four of them at one point, to connect directly to the Yamaha MT50, to create a fully-analogue multi-timbral synth and recording setup. I have to be realistic though, not just about cost but about the versatility of the devices themselves. If I had done that I would have been very happy producing analogue type synth music with it, but I would get annoyed when I want anything other than that.

One of the reasons I love the MODX so much is because it's a very impressive pallet of sound to draw from. I'm very aware of the problems Hip-Hop producers face when they sample material from other artists' work to use in their own, so to get around that, the MODX really shines because rather than go crate digging for a specific type of track featuring a specific instrument being played in a specific style, you can just do it yourself on the MODX. Select the right sort of sound, adjust it however you need it, play a short riff or lick or whatever you prefer to call it, and just sample it directly on the MODX. All you do then is edit the samples by running it through the synthesis and effects, add some wow and flutter etc (again, directly on the MODX) and re-sample it, re-save it.

Extra cool is you don't even need to be able to play, just sequence the performance when you resample it. When you think of it that way, a MODX is really an infinite 'crate' of vinyl that lets you generate anything you have in mind, it allows you to make it all into Lo-Fi samples, and all done completely on the MODX and therefore no 'copyrighted sample use' bullshit to have to deal with - it's all your own stuff even though it sounds like you recorded it from a vinyl or tape if you want it to sound like that.

The trick to using a MODX as a Hip-Hop machine is to think of the Audio Recorder as a Sampler, and to understand that the Audio Recorder can record anything and everything you do on the MODX, or input on the rear, or put through the effects engines. So you just take that audio recording that it saves to the USB stick, then load it back into what the MODX handles as a sampled drum kit instrument. You can just bring all your recordings (samples) back in and assign them to individual keys as drum kit oscillators, and those keys (just to demostrate the power here) each can have different effects settings assigned to them. Even using the MODX as a 16-Part multi-timbral generator allows you to assign TWO insert effects PER PART, and that's without even going into send effects, master effects etc. TWO inserts PER PART, bloody hell man, and you can even set-up mute-groups for the samples you map to the keys.

It means that you can use the sequencer to trigger your samples that are assigned to the oscillators as a drum kit, you could even use it as multi-track sequenced sample playback machine, and to really top it all off, you could even record that complete output back as a single audio file that can be loaded back in as a single sample again (therefore you resampled).

I remember when I first tried the MODX8, I was absolutely blown away by the amount of super-usable instruments they had in there by default, the Korg and Roland workstations just didn't hold a candle in that respect. On a lot of synthesizers and workstations, you read that they have thousands of presets, but then when you get to play them, they're mostly completely useless, really gimmicky, and even those that are usable are often very repetitive and similar to other presets on the machine. Not on the MODX though, the MODX really is a vast pallete of quality, very playable stuff. That's one of the reasons why I'm going for the 88 key version if I get one (playability). The keybed on the MODX8 is absolute perfection as far as I'm concerned, and unusually for a workstation, its action actually feels like it's perfectly balanced with the velocity programmed into the sounds, feels very classy.

You mentioned a cut down version, but to be fair the MODX already is the cut down version, it's basically a less knobby version of the Montage. It's almost an identical intrument inside, it's mainly just the front panel controls that are different, and even then, since those controls are also available on the screen anyway, you can pretty much think of the MODX as the same thing only £1,500 cheaper!

The cheapest I ever saw a brand new MODX for in the UK was £1,199 for the 88 key, and £899 for the 61 key. Not sure what that translates to in American Dollars these days, but £899 for a brand new MODX is quite a bargain if you can get the cash together. Personally I'm insisting on the 88 key if I get one, but I have my reasons for that and those reasons might not even be relevant to yourself. Hard as it is for me to afford one right now, I would still feel like I got a bargain if I got the 88 key for £1,199, so to get a 61 key for £899 (which I believe has a very nice synth action keybed), I think pretty much anyone would feel the same. £899 for a brand new MODX really is good even if that is no consolation to our poor man's wallets.

Since I'm on about the MODX I might as well add the fact that the "arpeggiator" on the MODX really is not an arpeggiator. It's way more than an arpeggiator and works more like an arranger. The problem with arpeggiators is that if you hold three keys it'll play three notes of your arpeggio, but if you hold four, it will play four notes. That's annoying, lacks control, and you don't get that problem on the MODX, it'll always play the same amount of notes regardless of how any notes there are in the chord being held down. On the MODX, it's like designing your own polyphonic, multi-timbral auto-accompaniment styles. Best way to think of it is like having an arranger with custom styles, and those custom styles being as easy to create as just doing a loop recording. Those multi-track loop recordings then act as an accompaniment and will auto-transpose to whatever chord you play. In loopops (now very outdated) review of the MODX, he states how powerful the "arpeggiator" on the MODX is, and even hints himself that it's actually not an arpeggiator, it's something much more than that.

It's a shame he only scratched the surface of it, because until you actually use it and realise how easy it is to develop your own multi-timbral auto-accompaniment styles, it's hard to describe how enjoyable it is. Just remember that when Yamaha say "arpeggiator", I think they probably just forgot to give it a whole new name for what it really is. To call it an arpeggiator is a bit like accidentally referring to someone with a home keyboard as a real orchestra - there is no comparison.

So you can probably tell by now that I whole-heartedly agree that you should look into the MODX. Be aware though that most people haven't a clue how to use it properly, and I'd say that a good 99% of them out there have no idea that it can even work as a sampler, nevermind a re-sampler! I reckon I know more about that machine than the people who own it do if the YouTube videos I see are anything to go by, completely fucking hopeless most of them, even most of the reviews are pretty hopeless.

Best thing to do is ask yourself "Would I be able to do this?", then go online and read the various user manuals for it. That's the only way you'll realise that the answer to your question is almost certainly yes, you can do that (even if others who haven't a clue, might say or think that you can't).

Which leads me to one final thing. It's important to remember that when you buy a Yamaha product, it is very likely going to be even better than you expected, not the other way around as is often the case with other companies. The Roland FA series is a perfect example comparison. It's a misrepresented, cheaply made pile of shit that is massively over-priced and needlessly restricted in ways that could make your brain explode. The MODX is the polar opposite of that. It is capable of much more than Yamaha let on, its ability to sample an re-sample, for example, is pretty major and completely neglected even in their own documentation, not even being mentioned in a 'Cool Ideas' or 'Pro Tips' kinda way.

Bloody hell, look at the size of this post, I'll have to start shortening them :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:04 pm 

BTW, Cuckoo made a really nice, fun to watch video using the 61 key MODX he had taken on tour.
He used a lot of Lo-Fi stuff in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76Vh2p9S2GE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:47 pm 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
While we are on the subject of keyboards I just got hold of the Access Virus TI2 synth pretty recently.

This beast is very dope..pads,basses strings etcetera all sound real nice,..only been used sporadically so far but looking forward to really getting to grips with this thing for future projects .

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:24 pm 

Wow, nice synth, one of the best analogue modelers or so I've read a few times over the years. What did you get, module or keys?

And speaking of keys I forgot to respond to Headphones about the MPC KEY 61. I think it's a good move for AKAI since the MPC ONE is technically a very powerful workstation anyway. Not sure it will appeal to beat makers due to the physical format, but it will definitely bring a lot more people on board the MPC way of doing things. The Auto-Sampler on the MPC even makes the MPC worth the money for that feature alone, but sadly I cannot afford to buy one for that reason alone.

Anyway, looks like I'll be getting a MODX8, have the cash now but I would be completely skint if I bought it and would have to eat very frugally until my next payment, and start years of saving all over again. It's just as well I can live on rice and pasta based dishes made cheaply at home, I'd never be able to buy stuff otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:33 pm 

Forget that question Danswift!
You mentioned 'Keyboards' so I assume you got the keyboard version :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:49 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
Wow, nice synth, one of the best analogue modelers or so I've read a few times over the years. What did you get, module or keys?

And speaking of keys I forgot to respond to Headphones about the MPC KEY 61. I think it's a good move for AKAI since the MPC ONE is technically a very powerful workstation anyway. Not sure it will appeal to beat makers due to the physical format, but it will definitely bring a lot more people on board the MPC way of doing things. The Auto-Sampler on the MPC even makes the MPC worth the money for that feature alone, but sadly I cannot afford to buy one for that reason alone.

Anyway, looks like I'll be getting a MODX8, have the cash now but I would be completely skint if I bought it and would have to eat very frugally until my next payment, and start years of saving all over again. It's just as well I can live on rice and pasta based dishes made cheaply at home, I'd never be able to buy stuff otherwise.

That’s what food banks are for. They don’t always have everything you could want to eat, but when it’s free, you can’t complain too much. (Unless they give you over ripe bananas or something).

My job wants to start operating 6 or possibly even 7 days a week. But it’s not always 8 hour days, so even if I attempted to work days & days with no day off, it will allow me to save up some cash in the future. But they’re talking about demolishing our home to build a new highway, and they have to pay me & my roommate some money to do that. I’m hoping I not only have a bigger room, but another bit of cash to get a new toy. Won’t know for a few months, but it’d be great to get a free MODX just for the inconvenience of having to move. Knowing how things might turn out I’d maybe only score A free Nuetron or Model D. I kinda don’t want to think about it though, because I’d have to pack all my gear, CDs, records, 2 Technics 1200s, and all our furniture to move to wherever. So it’s only a bonus if I get a bigger room & still have some cash left over.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:44 am 

I hope it works out for you, Headphones, maybe you should even do some research in how to get the maximum amount of cash out of the people who are wanting to demolish your house. Since it involves a new highway, your property must be worth a serious amount of money dude!

Regards food-banks, I count myself very lucky that I've never needed to use one although I did technically become homeless for around a week about three years ago. Luckily I had just enough cash and got a discounted room from a hotel owner so luckily never ended up on the street. Without food-banks though, I would die for sure if I ever became homeless. I'd never be able to bring myself to beg people for money or food, so food-banks would be my only salvation.

It's a very fitting conversation actually, cause I went ahead and bought the MODX8. I really shouldn't have, but there are issues caused by the plandemic that sort of forced me. I get the feeling that all of a sudden the banks over here are going to do exactly what they did last time and basically run-off with everyone's cash. Something has got to give sooner or later, and if I'd left my cash in the bank and they took it, I would not be able to handle that, especially since it took so bloody long to save it. And while I have been prepared to spend 'some' of that cash on gear, the real reason for me saving it was to afford a specialist solicitor to deal with police corruption I'm having to deal with. I have conclusive evidence of their corruption, but finding a solicitor with the skills and balls to deal with those malicious, abusive fuck-ups, is another matter entirely!

All that cash is gone now, so bummer I have to start again, but at least the banks or government cannot do a runner with my cash.

So I have a MODX8 now and I'm not disappointed. First thing I did was to check if I could actually use it as a sampler and re-sampler in the way I had planned, and I can confirm that it works exactly as expected. One thing I should point out though is that if you do get one and use it as a sampler and re-sampler, you are going to wonder why your recording (or sampling) level is a bit low. Drove me mad at first until I realise it was down to the master volume on the mixer screen not been turn right up. Maximum volume on the master is equal to maximum volume on the recording screen, so in other words you have to make sure it is on full if you want the recording (or sampling) to be the same volume as the source. In order to adjust the volume you use the decicated A/D knob on the front panel, as well as the other volume settings.

I basically just leave my mixer screen master set at max and go from there.

One other thing to be aware of is that there are parameters hidden around the OS. For example, even when I had the volume set right it still didn't sound quite right, but it turned out to be the MIC/LINE setting and I was using MIC for a line input. Once I got those two figured out I was in heaven and must have spent three hours or so just messing around putting effects and EQ over the input signal, playing around at remastering the music that was being played. This is a serious piece of kit and the effects and EQ are definitely top-notch!

The MODX gets a lot of rap for being hard to use, but honeslty, I think a lot of that comes from the fact that YAMAHA just do things differently, they seem to structure and do things in a more professional manner and that's been the case ever since I've used their gear. I think a lot of the confusion actually comes from it being so easy that the user, after using other machines, must assume that you must need to do certain things in order for something to work, when actually, you don't. For example, I realised a lot of times that while getting used to it, I had gone through various screens to reach something that they had actually given a direct button for.

Something that is a bit confusing though, is their use of the term "Common" which makes sense in some screens but not others (but I'm still learning). It's also a bit odd that the A/D MIC/LINE setting isn't displayed on the Audio Recording screen, and it must surely confuse people that the level control on the Audio Recording screen is not the only one you need to be concerned with, cause personally, I think there should be a mixer master control on that page as well. Just remember there's three volume controls and an A/D gain setting in total you need to be mindful of when sampling an external input. If you don't remember all of those, you'll think there is something wrong with it!

The custom LFO is absolutely awesome for creating your own Vinyl and Tape Sim effects on the MODX and it works exactly as you would think. Mix it in with some filters and crackle and you could recreate the Roland version quite easily. One really cool thing I noticed when designing FM sounds is that say you have a specific parameter highlighted on a specific Operator's screen, that parameter will stay selected as you switch to another Operator's screen. Might not sound like a big deal, but if you like programming FM it is a life-saver cause you can just switch quickly between the Operators which (unlike on the OPSIX), actually has a seperate on-screen selector at the bottom of the screen.

The only thing I wish it had that it doesn't have, is a screen for trimming a waveform. This can be worked around directly on the MODX using the Auto-Trig and automation, but it would be nice if they added it in an update (and I read more big updates are coming, so who knows).

So yeah, happy now although I am contemplating how I can spice-up the immense amount of rice and pasta dishes I am going to have to consume for the next week or so, I am literally skint right now all but a few quid!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:37 am 

So to kinda explain the whole moving situation, I live in the greater Seattle area. We got around to building light rail from downtown to where I currently live a few miles from the airport. The city of SeaTac. Now they finally have pushed the light rail line to go north 20 miles and that’s 3 different places commuters can go. I could ride from where I live to the northern part of Seattle in probably a hour. But where I live they need to get transit moving south. That will go 3 or 4 stops to connect to the city of Federal Way. And end the line in the city of Fife, which is kinda north east Tacoma. So each section they build takes roughly 4 years. Buuuuuuut, in some planners infinite wisdom, decided one of the highways should merge under the light rail to connect the citizens of Burien (west of our airport) to drive around the airport and then connect to Interstate 5 which is the north/south 5 lane highway. So that connection is smack dab where we live. So they’re like “Sorry everyone, the government will be buying the property, but don’t panic! We’ll make sure you’re all compensated and situated into your new home! We’ll even pay for your moving costs”.

Not like we have much say in the matter. Now, when do we have to move? Nobody knows yet, but I’ve heard the end of the year. But rents are high everywhere, and it’d be nice to live near the light rail so I can quickly get to Seattle if I need to. It’s great because we never get stuck in traffic, the stations are clean, and we’re also getting routes all over the place.

The way I look at it, maybe it’s time to start another chapter in another place. It may mean I have to change jobs, live somewhere I’m familiar with but don’t know too well, but I won’t be forced out of my state altogether. I would hope my new room would be a tad bigger, so I’m not so cramped. But that’s too hard to fathom now.

The Yamaha MODX is $2000 give or take! Yikes! But I saw some YouTube vids on some things you were mentioning, and it looks & probably sounds like a remix producer’s wet dream if they don’t use a DAW. But it reminds me of a Korg Triton with its large touch screen. I don’t know or care if Roland or Korg has a synth that compared to it.

I used to have a RS7000, but it was quite the learning curve. It had a bunch of effects, compression, sampling, but it’s synth engine wasn’t too deep, so after a few weeks I had barely mastered it, and I hit hard times and was forced to sell it at a GuitarCenter at a loss. So the MODX might be packed with features, but I don’t know if I’d use everything it can do. Love that it has FM though. Hopefully not as limited as the reFace DX, and far superior to the DX7. I like how it could have a drum machine, synth or sampler sit on the far right, and you could split your keys to trigger what device you wanted externally.

Here’s hoping they land me lots of cash to get one! If not, well, I could just get some more Behringer rack CV synths. I’m just not willing to part with my gear to buy one though. To me, that’s counter productive and I hope it never comes to that.

Anyway, there’s so much great stuff out there, but never enough money to go out and get it!

Attachments:
118784C8-8A3B-4389-A96F-0FCA8323A3BE.jpeg
118784C8-8A3B-4389-A96F-0FCA8323A3BE.jpeg [ 146.8 KiB | Viewed 6645 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:07 pm 

Depends on your land rights I suppose. Not sure how it works in America but we have different types over here, for example "Leasehold" and "Freehold". Freehold is the one that gives you power, the government can't do a damn thing if your property is Freehold and that's exactly how it should be. Not sure if it works like that over in America though.

Just be careful mate, don't assume that just because they're the government they automatically have the right to dictate to you. One thing you can be sure of is that they will try to dictate to you even if they have no right to do so. As long as you've looked into it and are not taking their word for it, that's all I'm saying.

Anyway, that's way overpriced, I would avoid wherever you saw that price although to be honest I am starting to realise now why so many people are getting frustrated with this thing. The amount of bugs this thing has is quite alarming. To be honest, I reckon the MPC ONE you were considering is much better as a workstation. You can make the MODX work as a workstation but man, the workarounds are starting to get really annoying and when you combine that with the bugs it has, it gets very frustrating.

Love it and hate it at the same time, and one thing's for sure, the 404 runs rings around this thing when it comes to hands-on productivity even if it does lack some essentials. It's really weird the way this thing is designed. It's almost as if it was designed by two different companies. On the one hand it is very logical in some respects, but then when you delve deeper you wonder why the hell they designed a lot of it the way they did because it would have obviously been more accessible done anothe way. The amount of time I find myself wading through bunches of screens simply trying to remember where a setting was is unreal, and it's all because they don't seem to have any solid logic to the software side of it.

I actually have a question in right now asking why the hell the sequencer won't play while trying to record it to a wav file, buggered if I can figure it out. Really weird, the Audio Recorder basically records the output of the MODX. For some reason though, although it will record the keyboard and even multi-track arpeggios, the damn thing seems to lock-out when I try to play the sequencer. That's a serious concern because without it, I cannot record (sample) my completed sequenced songs to wav and that would mean that I would have to play everything live if I wanted to record it to audio, which just doesn't make any sense at all, it's a real head-scratcher.

It's a damn cool but at times infuriating machine, and unless we're able to audio-record a playing sequence, I no longer recommend it anyway. Really got my fingers crossed on that one cause if it's a limitation then Yamaha are as bad as the others as misrepresenting things and the damn thing will have to be returned.

Bloody hope not :x :x :x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:25 pm 

So now it’s not the DAW in a synth’s clothing you wanted?? Tbh it’s kinda out of my price range. But you gave it such a great review I’d at least be interested in trying one. But maybe much of it’s overkill?? All I know is, I went to a free outdoor party last Saturday, got 2 chocolate mushrooms from my ex ($15 each), then my cousin got me 3 Molly’s for $10 each. I took 1 of each and start having a great time. Then one of my other friends shows up and asks us if we all wanted to go out to the club after the outdoor party ended. I was down, but broke. So my friend said she’d cover for me, and buy me a drink. Now I’m -$90 I don’t really have, but gotta pay everyone back!!! This is one reason I just don’t go out anymore. All the money I spend or borrow just to have a good time! It’s money I’d rather invest in new gear if I had a choice. But I had some fun for once, so I can’t get too mad at myself. Good thing I was honest with everyone on when I can pay them back.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:19 pm 

I'm waiting right now to hear back from the dealer I bought it from. He's as baffled by it as I am from the sounds of it, and unfortunately it does look as if you cannot use Audio Record mode while the sequencer is running. That's really unfortunate because it puts a massive spanner in the works as far as using it as a DAW goes.

Yeah, you only live once, which is something my father often used to remind me. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, and yeah exactly, lack of cash is the reason I'm stuck in the flat most of my time (no choice in the matter). Gets extra annoying when mentally-ill keyboard warriors suggest that you're a "pervy incel" who can't get a girlfriend which is the sort of shit I got on here lately. What amuses me is the assumption of being an "incel" in the first place. I'm the opposite of an incel, I'm single by choice and for two reasons; it's the lack of cash and me not being able to stand the attitude of the modern feminist-minded woman.

I'm not getting involved with anyone who's not on my wavelength. It's just as well I have my hobbies really, I mean they're costly but they're not as costly as a woman would be in terms of trying to keep her happy when you have no cash.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:08 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
I'm waiting right now to hear back from the dealer I bought it from. He's as baffled by it as I am from the sounds of it, and unfortunately it does look as if you cannot use Audio Record mode while the sequencer is running. That's really unfortunate because it puts a massive spanner in the works as far as using it as a DAW goes.

Yeah, you only live once, which is something my father often used to remind me. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, and yeah exactly, lack of cash is the reason I'm stuck in the flat most of my time (no choice in the matter). Gets extra annoying when mentally-ill keyboard warriors suggest that you're a "pervy incel" who can't get a girlfriend which is the sort of shit I got on here lately. What amuses me is the assumption of being an "incel" in the first place. I'm the opposite of an incel, I'm single by choice and for two reasons; it's the lack of cash and me not being able to stand the attitude of the modern feminist-minded woman.

I'm not getting involved with anyone who's not on my wavelength. It's just as well I have my hobbies really, I mean they're costly but they're not as costly as a woman would be in terms of trying to keep her happy when you have no cash.

1. there's nothing wrong with feminism

2. you don't need money to find love. vice versa, in fact

also did you just suggest that you have no choice in the matter of getting out of the house? or that you have no choice in the matter of lack of cash?

because both sentiments couldn't be further from the truth.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next