It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:49 pm

Post subject: Pattern Mode issue
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:41 pm 

im having trouble with the pattern mode recently, mostly becouse i never used it before and so i never encounter this issue: when i try to loop a house beat i made with the resample mode into the sequencer the bars(that are usually 2) repeat themselves two times meaning they go 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 and again 1.1 1.2 etc.. to 2.4 leaving me a chunk of silence in the "second repeat". You can say: well just record the loop continuisly to the second time the 2 bars repeat, or record it pressing the pad two times. No i cant, cous' when it reaches the "first" 2.4 the recording just ends automatically leaving me the aforementioned empty bars. It's so frustrating. Any help?

Post subject: Re: Pattern Mode issue
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am 

turn off [GATE] and turn off [LOOP] (so that what you're sequencing is in trigger mode)
set quantize to the appropriate step and you're set!

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:49 pm 

zendan wrote:
turn off [GATE] and turn off [LOOP] (so that what you're sequencing is in trigger mode)
set quantize to the appropriate step and you're set!

if loop is off how do i loop it perfectly?what you mean trigger mode? how do i use quantize with the appropriate step?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:42 am 

filipp? wrote:
if loop is off how do i loop it perfectly?

that's what a pattern sequencer is for.
filipp? wrote:
what you mean trigger mode?

i just explained exactly what trigger mode is
filipp? wrote:
how do i use quantize with the appropriate step?

i'm going to refer you to page 34 of your user manual https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_product/sp-404sx/owners_manuals/97443154-789f-4fac-bdae-89d88861678f/

i learned how to use my SX by reading through the entire manual and performing every single action as i read, then i kept it next to me every time i used the machine after that to refer back to as needed.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:41 am 

put the pattern to 99bars, and put loop on ur beat and drop it in the seq
then when you wanna stop it, you just put a trigger again it stops then again to start. you play live all the shit that you want one on top of the other. kinda like resample method, but you dont resample so you can change ur levels or even change a sample or whatever. (so you dont quantize shit)

coz when you make a beatand it loops you dont actually know if its right on the seq's beater.
if you still want the seq, then export to card, go to ue daw, and stretch it to where you need. import and place on seq (but thats a hassle)

if your a real player, then you can rechop the lopp into parts. kick to snare, snare to kick, and put them on the seq with quantize

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:24 pm 

abuse_it.s_ok wrote:
put loop on ur beat and drop it in the seq
then when you wanna stop it, you just put a trigger again it stops then again to start.

this is the problem they said they were having tho, they said that the sample would stop playing for one of the bars in their pattern. in my experience, this happens when you leave [loop] on. IMO loop mode is mainly meant for use without pattern sequencer so that you can have a sample loop without needing a sequencer, but what you said does make sense. if you press a pad on loop once in pattern sequencer, i'm pretty sure it will loop indefinitely until you press it again. if you do this with quantize on tho, i'm p sure it will get confused
abuse_it.s_ok wrote:
(so you dont quantize shit)

i usually never quantize anything EXCEPT the first beat of the pattern and the main sample chops/loops

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:34 pm 

for loops there is tricks like working only on the 99bar trick. like if you make house or tekno then with some patience u can make exact leghth loops by adjusting the start/end point while it runs the loop on seq and check till it goes off, stop seq then again. its a little trouble making beats like that but a friend of mine adopted the technique and liked it. just need to know how many samples u got playing at the same time, how many stereo...
like that you can do more shit and actually u can fake mutes and shit

the polyphony problem dunno.. never thought about it, coz i like resampling more sometimes mixed with seq
mixed techniques are best for these kinds of workarounds, if you dont wanna use the pc