It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:12 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Question for (A) Version Users
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:55 pm 

Interesting, according to Free Beat it sounds as if the upcoming Circuit Rhythm has only 240 seconds sampling time. I've no idea where he got that information from though, don't see anything about sampling times on Novation's website.

Anyone got an idea where he got that info from?

If it's true, it's not exactly the end of the world but it's a major bummer all the same. It would also mean that the 404 still has life left in it yet. The 404 might be wolds biggest music making lemming in some regards, but at least it's able to stream from the SD card. So from the looks of it, Novation have screwed-up with limited sampling time. I suspected they would but hoped they wouldn't :(

Hard to say until it's released which I would rather have. I think the Ryhthm overcomes a lot of the 404's pointless limitations, but sadly introduces one the 404 doesn't have.

Any info on where he got the sampling time would be great if anyone knows. Not a member of YouTube so can't ask him myself.

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHuwkG4FKuw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:13 am 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
[quote="SP-USER"]The 404 might be wolds biggest music making lemming in some regards.

:lol: .

It's just a sampler..you sample shit into it,manipulate your sounds with FX ,use its workaround methods, Resample etcetera and take it for what it is.

And I'll stress this point again ..

You'll only ever get out of the 404 what you're prepared to put in.

If you want an actual sampler that's all singing and dancing,shell out and buy an MPC 3000 with Abelton running on a Mac or PC.

Job done.

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:25 pm 

Of course it's a lemming :lol:

I hear the Psygnosis theme playing in my head just thinking about it! You might be amused by the comment, but more amusing is I might end up buying one again if I'm not impressed by the finalised spec of the Circit Rhythm when it comes out. I really hope that's wrong about the sampling time on the Rhythm, or at least hope it has the ability to stream to/from the SD card.

I was hoping I could double-up its intended usage and use it as a way to record complete tracks, and play them back in selected order from SD card. Ironic thing is, that's something the ol'lemming does well (or at least I imagine so, never tried it when I had it). If Novation disappoint and I end up getting another 404 instead, it will be teamed-up with a synth and used more like a recorder with effects than the use I had intended for it last time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:58 pm 

quote="SP-USER"]

You might be amused by the comment, but more amusing is I might end up buying one again.

If Novation disappoint and I end up getting another 404 instead [/quote]

Well,not amused so much as its really more of a case where you've actually lost me..(and I'd suspect a few others here on the forum) a little bit somewhat.

I can't understand why after all the perceived negative aspects you've complained about and how the SP-404 is so seriously lacking in the capabilities you're seeking why you'd even want one.

It's also a little baffling why you'd even consider purchasing another machine after putting it down for its apparent limitations and shortcomings over the last couple of pages of this thread and elsewhere on the site the way you have to be totally honest dude.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:01 pm 

I'm quite verbal about gear when the maker deserves it, and it's generally when the limitations are just so bloody ridiculous that I cannot help myself. I think a lot of it comes from me getting pissed-off at those who conform all sheep-like with comments like "Hey man, I love the restraint, I love to struggle". Makes me wonder if they're confusing bondage fantasies with music-making ideals! It's thanks to people like that, corporations like Roland are able to pull the sort of crap they're pulling and still sell the thing.

I get the need for a challenge, but fucking hell, the 404 is something else, I mean there's limitations and there's the piss-take Roland are getting away with. Anyway, it makes no difference to me how much I put it down. It's a piece of hardware so it's not as if I buy another it'll be aware of anything I said previously and say to me something like "Hey, aren't you the dude who called me a Lemming?"

In the very unlikely event it did, though, I'd just reply "Yeah, you better believe it, now shut-up and sample a complete track in stereo providing even that simple task isn't beyond your capabilities as well!" You'll notice I've not come down as hard on the Circuit Rhythm. That's because for a drum sampler (which is essentially what it is), it goes way beyond what is expected of it anyway, and the sample time, although no use to me, is actually super-generous for a drum sampler really.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:06 am 

I'd highly doubt anyone here is that simple minded enough to confuse any bondage fantasies with their music making ideals..

Oh,and there's this thing on the SP 404 called a 'Pattern Sequencer'...

Once you've got your samples organised, It gives you the function to create tracks,in stereo..

Yes..really ..

Fucking hell .. I give up.

I think we all absolutely get it that you have no love whatsoever for the 404 and that's your prerogative,of course.. but this place is actually called the SP Forums for a reason- however..you've got to the stage where you're insistently just banging on repeating yourself now and talking a load of old bollocks basically.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:00 am 

Hello Dan,

Forgive me for engaging with you in the first place, since I hadn't realised until I saw that other thread that you're either into cosplay or you're a real life cop. Should it happen to be the latter (and from your response right now I suspect it is the latter), then I think it's only fair to warn you that I have no time for cops, sorry dude. In my opinion you're nothing less than a bunch of self-serving psychopaths. Sorry if that offends you but I did say "in my opinion" so I'm afraid you'll just have to get used to me having one.

For some reason you felt the need to belittle the humour I displayed in my previous post. I recommend you get yourself checked, ask a professional why it is you did that. I already know the answer, and providing you get yourself checked by a competent professional, I'm quite sure they'll reveal the reason to you. I don't see anyone pulling you up about your own humour regards the donuts. Nor do I see anyone pulling you up about it after trying the same humour twice. And nor should they, it's called humour after all.

You did start showing cringe-worthy sociopathic traits by using it twice, though, just saying.

Personally, I think your time would be more appreciated by the tax-paying public if you did something useful like, oh I dunno, burning the words "Black Lives Matter" from the road, billing the vandals responsible for the damage, and order the road be repainted with ALL LIVES MATTER.

See what I did there? I made you, the whole BLM bullshit and everything about it look about one millimeter tall, and I'd say one millimeter is pushing it. What can I say dude, other than not being a sociopath or psychopath has its rewards. It means we're able to see past the whole thing and are able to point out to you all in the simplest of terms, how fucked-up it all is.

Respond if you must, but be warned you're not dealing with some social-media poisoned media-consuming muppet here, you're dealing with me, and I am well aquainted with the whole legal system, muppet-leading medial bullshit and all that goes with it.

With that out of the way, I will now humour you with a response to the troll-like (invalid) points made.

1 - Humour is an important part of being a human being.
2 - Thanks for confirmation of the full-track stereo sampling ability.
3 - The role I have planned for it now is different from when previously owned.
4 - I never said that I have no love for the 404 at all.

And finally, posting what you did at a time that I was actually praising the unit for once, further reinforces the troll-like intention of your post.

Now don't you forget to do something useful tomorrow, you hear? I want to see you swing into action like a GOOD cop would and get that society-dividing bullshit "Black Lives Matter" burnt from the road and replaced with "ALL LIVES MATTER". And hey, just so you know, I'm counting on you. I wanna see you come through in a way that makes the public proud to pay the taxes they pay to fund you!

I do hope you'll not even attempt to claim that "Black Lives Matter" is in any way more appropriate than "ALL LIVES MATTER". Because you see, sir, the term "BLACK Lives Matter" disregards the fact that 'WHITE Lives Matter' too, while the term "ALL LIVES MATTER" does NOT disregard people of either colour. I'm sure BLM won't mind once the error of their ways is explained to them, but if it turns out they do and continue the way they are doing, you need to start putting them behind bars where society-dividing vandals belong.

If you are a cop ... DO YOUR FUCKING JOB!

Same goes for the BLM movement here in England, too. Removal of ANY statue is NOT acceptable. The reason is that ALL statues, regardless of the reason for them standing, marks a point and occurance in history, and no person and no movement should EVER be allowed to erase or tamper with history or its monuments regardless of whether that monument is loved or loathed. The uncouth animals responsible for tearing-down and desecrating statues should be given an appropriate prison sentence, and charged for all costs incurred for the re-erection and repair of any statue effected. If this does not happen and soon, then a movement needs to be created to ensure that the government either enact this by public demand, or face the consequences.

Anyone with morals reading this, feel free to share this post and its views, make it as viral as possible. Don't expect the media to do so, the media are nothing less than a corrupt cover-up and supporter of this crap, so corrupt in fact that the following video was considered as not being news-worthy to them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgqfeea4qBw

That's right, peeps, that poor WHITE guy in the video received no attention at all from the news or media. Ask yourselves why, and make the video viral. It will highlight both the hypocrisy of BLM and the rapidly increasingly psychopathic nature of the cops we are forced to fund with our taxes. Hardly surprising, is it, that these psychopaths now want to see it made illegal to record their psychopathic behviour!

THE PASSING OF SUCH A LAW WOULD BE TYRANNY!

So save a copy of this post to disk before someone with sociopathic traits and a desire to hide good morals, gets to remove it. Any share of this post is much appreciated, so thanks for reading, and I could not be happier than shoe-horning it all together in a reply to a cop, and who knows, this currently dead forum might become the famous starting point of the next revolution!

If Dan is a cop (a good one) then I say good on him, but I'm afraid his troll-like post doesn't exactly instill any trust in him from me whatsoever!

The death of George Floyd was one of THE most trigger and anger-inducing pieces of footage I have ever seen. I've a serious health condition, and I can tell you that watching it had my blood pressure firmly in the danger zone and left me pacing rapidly up and down the room backwards and forwards towards the monitor feeling completely and utterly helpless due to not being in a position to actually DO anything about it. The fact that George died at the hands of publicly-funded psychopaths is monstrous enough. But in my opinion something just as monstrous, was the fact that the public basically just stood there trying to talk sense in to these mind-fucked ass-wipes instead of subjecting them both to a citizens arrest!

Are you not allowed to to perform a Citizens Arrest on cops in America or something?

If you're not, then BLM as a movement would gain more respect if they put their energy into bringing about laws that will empower everyone to protect themselves against these psychopathic cops. Black, White, we're all brothers, and the sooner we all realise that it is the govenrments and tech giants out there that are the route of all evil, the sooner we can be on track to being able to live a more harmonious life again.

So while I'm steadfast in my opinion that the behaviour of BLM is not acceptable, I do feel that if they would only take a deep breath and think more clearly, they might see more clearly! Shouting "BLACK Lives Matter" and desecrating statues is NOT the way to do it. The way to do it is to think smart, know where the REAL problem lies, and deal with it that way. BLM are often cited as being out there to defund the Police, and I doubt there's anyone who read my previous post would not think that I would love to see the bastards defunded too!

In reality though, this is NEVER going to happen. The way to deal with it is to channel your anger, your energy and your supporters into areas that actually WOULD make a difference, hence what I just pointed out. Start by educating the public en-masse of their right to perform a Citizens Arrest on these psychopathic cops! If the provision does not exist in the USA, then BLM need to MAKE IT HAPPEN. George would still be alive had the provision to perform a Citizens Arrest on the cops been present, and had the public been aware of it!

Until BLM come to realise this, they're effectively pissing into the proverbial wind. This is unfortunate, because people like myself would be extremely willing to participate in the fight if only it were handled in a civil manner!

BLM need to stop acting like an uncouth bunch of vandals. They need to know who their REAL enemy is and fight with their brains, NOT with their fists!

Last edited by SP-USER on Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:55 am 

Dribble ,dribble dribble ..

Butthurt much ?

What an absolute mess of a post,have you been out sniffing Daddys empty whisky bottles next to the dustbin in the back yard or something?

I'm not even gonna engage with you on the majority of what you've written there because your totally ignorant comments on BLM sound exactly like one of those squealing,entitled white girls sat in their gas guzzling SUV 's getting their panties all in a knot who went and hijacked the 'woke movement'(which was also,incidentally,originally actually about people of color not getting fair opportunities in life.)

Erm ..and no,I'm not a cop..if you'd actually done a little more 'detective' work Officer Dibble youd have seen that I've already mentioned elsewhere on the forum that my job is a crane operator but,nevermind, that's not particularly important right now.

I can stone cold guarantee you that no one at SP Forums gives a solitary flying fuck how well you're 'acquainted with the bullshit legal system' you strange,weird, thread mangling twat...no one needs any of your 'homie points' either btw.

What the fuck you gonna do 'legal eagle' ..have us all interrogated and tortured?

Hahahaha...

When you first joined this site I also recall being one of the first members who reached out to help you ,giving you pointers with your SP 404 A when you mistakenly believed you'd somehow purchased an entire recording studio in a box instead of an actual phrase sampler.

I'm surprised you didn't ask anyone where the 'Sync' button is...

Well,if youd held onto the sampler for a little longer than 5 minutes youd have found it underneath the base of the unit..its right next to the Madlib 'Expansion Pack'...

Next time maybe do some proper research on both the equipment you're buying and possibly even what people here do for a fucking living.

Your comments come across as pretty needy and grasping for attention and desperate for someone to hold your hand in all honesty as the utter shite you've written above there proves .

And just for your information the line 'Right now my job is eating these donuts ' comes from 'Smoked Pork' .. the opening intro skit of Ice T and Bodycount's first album, which also proves you know fuck all about music too in my opinion.

Heres a link.
https://youtu.be/PGij2ENc2zg

Oh and speaking of 'trolling' .(cause the only person I see here is actually you attempting that practice).. If you're going to try and troll on here with me or anyone else for that matter then you'll need to bring a much stronger game to the table, son ..
your complaints about the SP 404-A were actually mildly entertaining until you went and had an emotional and mental breakdown there and completely fell apart with your idiotic last post...

Okay ,now I'm done with replying to your bitch ass cause its interfering with my drinking and my Cosplay time you narrow minded hillbilly cunt...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:10 pm 

Greetings, Dan,

To be clear, my post was not meant to prompt debate on here, but rather promote good intentions though a desire to educate and spread the word. Since you've responded, I'll take the time to respond to the most relevant stuff, but will not be debating the matter any more.

"Dribble ,dribble dribble .."

Don't you just hate it when that happens? Sounds like the donuts are dripping jam, which I have to say is much preferable to dripping blood which is how I ended up at the hands of the British Psychopath Force (feel free to replace the word 'Psychopath' with "Police" if it helps clarify at all).

"Butthurt much ?"

No, not in the slightest, no reason I would be!

"I'm not even gonna engage with you on the majority of what you've written there because your totally ignorant comments on BLM sound exactly like one of those squealing,entitled white girls sat in their gas guzzling SUV 's getting their panties all in a knot who went and hijacked the 'woke movement'(which was also,incidentally,originally actually about people of color not getting fair opportunities in life.)"

I'm actually an un-priviledged WHITE guy who's "squealing" due to the abuse he and others have received at the hands of the corrupt "Police" Force and "Legal" System we have in place here in the UK. Oh and I just did a litte math, and found that it takes me on average a whole year to save around £300. So I don't exactly see myself as "entitled" or "priviledged" in any way, shape or form - you know what I mean?

"Erm ..and no,I'm not a cop..if you'd actually done a little more 'detective' work Officer Dibble youd have seen that I've already mentioned elsewhere on the forum that my job is a crane operator but,nevermind, that's not particularly important right now."

Well I'm pleased to hear you're not a real cop, I wouldn't wish that stigma on anyone. The role of Crane Operator is a much more respectable position, it's industrious and helps business move along, good man!

"I can stone cold guarantee you that no one at SP Forums gives a solitary flying fuck how well you're 'acquainted with the bullshit legal system'"

A stone cold guarantee, eh? Well that's quite a bold statement right there, although auto-assuming the whole forum agrees with you is yet another sociopathic trait. It's hardly surprising I thought you were a real cop. By pointing out my aquaintance with the legal system, I was referring to the fact that I'm a VICTIM of it, not least due to being attacked by a psychopathic cop who smashed my head into the ground in public, tried his best to pop-open my skull under the sheer preassure he was excerting on it, then later realised he'd made a mistake and said to me "Sorry I hit you, I could have done a lot worse!". That psychopath is still part of the Police force as far as I'm aware, but I'm hoping the guy who narrated the video I linked to, will some day be able to help me bring him to justice.

Did you agree with the behaviour demonstrated in the video I linked to? Or did you feel the need to do the right thing and help make it more public? That's not a question I'm wanting an answer for, it's a question to make you think, it's a question to make everyone who sees it, think!

"you strange,weird, thread mangling twat..."

Well thank you kindly, sir! I'll admit to being strange and weird, I honestly wouldn't want it any other way. As for "twat" though, dude, that's a bit strong and I'm honestly starting to wonder if you're just saying that in order to get some Homie Ponts deducted! Now I could deduct a Homie Point for that little rant, but I feel in my heart of hearts that you're basically just another media-brainwashed guy who's blissfully unaware of what's really going on in the world around him. That in itself I feel is punishment enough for anyone, so deducting a HP as well would feel a bit malicious on my part, so no Homie Points deducted I'm afraid.

"no one needs any of your 'homie points' either btw."

Just so you know, the whole concept of "Homie Points" was devised on-the-spot as sarcasm due to a comment the poster had made. It was suggested that I was just looking for attention. Fact is, it was a genuine need to know (which is why I asked). The problem demonstraded by the poster is that we now live in a social media-poisoned society where the whole "Like" button culture and mentality has poisoned the behaviour of people so much now, that people with genuine intent are rapidly being out-numbered by the poisoned. The "Like" button is the major reason there are now so many attention-seeking sociopaths in society and accross the web. An alarming amount of posts made these days are not made out of any desire to make the post, but rather to see how many "Likes" their post gets them. The "Homie Point" thing is aimed directly at the whole of social media-poisoned society we now suffer under due to the likes of Zuckerberg and their society-destroying strategies.

"What the fuck you gonna do 'legal eagle' ..have us all interrogated and tortured?

Hahahaha..."

Hell no, I'm no leagal eagle, but I certainly intend to end the careers of a whole bunch of "Legal Eagles". I also intend to see a whole bunch of them put behind bars for their corruption, and as I hope you've gathered by now, torture is not my thing (unless of course it's kinky and consensual, in which case I suppose I might have a bash at it).

"Next time maybe do some proper research on both the equipment you're buying and possibly even what people here do for a fucking living."

You're displaying those sociopathic traits again. Honestly dude, you over-estimate how important you are in the greater scheme of things. I had no intention of researching you before posting, and cannot be bothered to do so even now. I was just guessing you were an actual cop due to seeing your post with the donuts, and the sociopathic nature of your response just seemed to the fit the general 'cop profile' very well.

"Your comments come across as pretty needy and grasping for attention and desperate for someone to hold your hand in all honesty as the utter shite you've written above there proves .

And just for your information the line 'Right now my job is eating these donuts ' comes from 'Smoked Pork' .. the opening intro skit of Ice T and Bodycount's first album, which also proves you know fuck all about music too in my opinion."

I think my previous replies cover most of this little rant, and had you read my posts properly you will be well aware that I have never hinted at knowing anything about music.

"Oh and speaking of 'trolling' .(cause the only person I see here is actually you attempting that practice).. If you're going to try and troll on here with me or anyone else for that matter then you'll need to bring a much stronger game to the table, son .."

I can only hope the amount of replies I just humoured you with and the facts they bring to the table, have somewhat changed your rather wild, misguided opinion of me. Fucking hell dude, I bloody hope so but either way ... :lol:

"Okay ,now I'm done with replying to your bitch ass cause its interfering with my drinking and my Cosplay time you narrow minded hillbilly cunt..."

I must admit I do love me that 'All-American Country Girl' look those Hillbilly women often have over there. If there's any Hillbilly Coutry Girl-types out there fancies shacking-up with a pissed-off Brit, just let me know. We could move to some isolated Hillbilly getaway, far away from the poison of society, fuck like rabbits in our care-free environment, and live happily ever after!

Anyway, don't forget to let BLM know my take on the matter, and please do help to make this video go viral in any way you can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgqfeea4qBw

Thank You!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:54 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
I get the need for a challenge, but fucking hell, the 404 is something else, I mean there's limitations and there's the piss-take Roland are getting away with.

lmfao bruh i've made many songs with an SP202 and a one track cassette deck, not even a multitrack recorder. (SP202 doesn't have a pattern sequencer nor does it have on-board resampling capability)
the SP404 is an incredibly powerful budget sampler/drum machine
you're a fucking imbecile if you can't exploit it for its immense potential

why tf is your username "SP-USER" ??? are you just a troll?

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

Last edited by zindan on Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:00 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
But in my opinion something just as monstrous, was the fact that the public basically just stood there trying to talk sense in to these mind-fucked ass-wipes instead of subjecting them both to a citizens arrest!

Are you not allowed to to perform a Citizens Arrest on cops in America or something?

lmfao bruh you're fucking hilarious and as ignorant as it gets
is this all just an elaborate troll?
dude seriously just proposed an average civilian stand up to the literal LAW.
police here ARE THE (fascist, oppressive) LAW. they are licensed to murder with no repercussions. if you even touch a cop, you lose your right to live in the u.s.

this dumb fuck is seriously trying to discredit a civil rights movement that has made so little progress despite incredibly arduous efforts over basically the past century

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:19 pm 

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

It is NOT acceptable for a stereo "Pro-Audio" music-making device to lack a Pan control. It is NOT acceptable for a "Pro-Audio" product which was purpose designed for sampling, to not be able to selectively load-back its own fucking samples into specific pads from its own SD card. It is NOT acceptabe to try and pass-off an old model as a new one.

It is clearly an unfinished product that was let out of the door early, and has managed to survive thanks to those like yourself who clearly like to struggle after paying for a product that is CLEARLY not fit for purpose.

I'll not be commenting on this blatant disregard for the user any further.

I'll reply to the other stuff in the Freedom of Speech thread:
https://sp-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26983

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:43 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

It is NOT acceptable for a stereo "Pro-Audio" music-making device to lack a Pan control. It is NOT acceptable for a "Pro-Audio" product which was purpose designed for sampling, to not be able to selectively load-back its own fucking samples into specific pads from its own SD card. It is NOT acceptabe to try and pass-off an old model as a new one.

It is clearly an unfinished product that was let out of the door early, and has managed to survive thanks to those like yourself who clearly like to struggle after paying for a product that is CLEARLY not fit for purpose.

lmfao and it's clear that you don't know what SP404SX wave converter is
and that you're too inept to utilize outboard FX
also, MFX6 is an onboard pan control, although not useful in every application
that's what outboard FX (line out) is for.

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:00 pm 

Sorry bro, no Homie Points for that response ... :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:00 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

lol. I'm pretty sure (but may be wrong) that a lot of people here have only bought USED SP's so you may be one of the few people here who actually gave money to Roland :lol:

It looks like you didn't actually do any research on the thing and now suffer buyers remorse. Sucks man. But the only person to blame here is yourself. The limitations on the machine was well documented and people here even discouraged you from getting it.

If you wanted a full fledged work station, you could of looked into the roland mv8800 or the mpc1000. You could of found a much more robust sampler and sequencer for around the same price or even cheaper if you took your time.

With the current offerings of portable power banks and such, it would be relatively easy to make music in the woods.

But i guess it's easier to just blame others...

Attachments:
PAN.PNG
PAN.PNG [ 332.72 KiB | Viewed 10144 times ]
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next