It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Question for (A) Version Users
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:19 pm 

Hey Bandit, I already know about the Pan trick, in fact I discovered it myself only to later find out it had already been discovered (and if that sort of dedication doesn't demonstrate how much I wanted to hang onto the 404, then I don't know what does)!

Regards being the only one on here to buy a new one, lol, fair enough, and believe it or not, sucker for punishment that I am, I've been looking at the Roland FA workstation. Couldn't help but notice that it has a built-in 404-based sampler and even the same effects to go along with it. Trouble is it would skin me if I bought it cause I'd want the FA-08 if I went for it. It's very tempting because it kills three birds with one stone in that it provides a powerful synth, workstation, and sampler. I've not been able to find out whether the 404-based sampler is able to resample though. I've seen people demonstrate it by recording from the synth to the sample pads, but I've not seen anyone play those sample pads while resampling them to another pad like you can on the 404.

I could be wrong, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it doesn't resample, despite them referring to it as a 404-based sampler, and resampling being a major part of the 404's feature set. I don't think anyone can truly blame me for not trusting Roland, but if anyone here knows whether the Roland FA-06/07/08 404 sampler does resampling, I'd love to hear it.

Hell, I'd love to see it never-mind hear it. I've not been able to find a single video demonstrating such a thing on YouTube, which only adds to my doubts about it. One thing massively in its favour though, is that you are able to manage each individual pad by selecting any sample and assigning it to any pad, just as you should be able to do on the 404 itself (but can't).

But yeah, I would already have bought an FA-08 if I knew it had resampling on the built-in 404-based sampler.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:14 am 

SP-USER wrote:
But yeah, I would already have bought an FA-08 if I knew it had resampling on the built-in 404-based sampler.

Dude...those roland workstations/romplers are a totally diff class and price point compared to the sp series... they aren't even comparable. Plus I think korg has nicer sounds compared to roland or yamaha romplers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:38 am 

True, but it kills three birds with one stone and I'm wanting to get completely away from the box. I'd still need a synth even if I got another 404, so an FA would make sense (but only if it resamples). Anyway I just remembered, I joined a Roland forum to ask about the 404A "SX" startup sequence some time back, so will ask about the FA on there.

That aside, it's sad to see that even on here where they actually advertise "Freedom of Speech", there is no such thing, which in turn only goes to further prove the need for a decentralised news delivery system where dictators cannot censor.

My so-called "Freedom of Speech" has been completely wiped-out from that forum, but just as disturbing, is that whoever did it has left my original post on the matter in this thread intact, while at the same time removing the post I made directly after it which explained why I wrote what I wrote. Such behaviour looks malicious, is EXTREMELY dangerous to the author, and will see the person responsible for doing it, prosecuted.

"Freedom of Speech" means EXACTLY that. It doesn't mean 'Selective Freedom of Speech' where the only views permitted are those shared by those with the power to make changes. THAT would be dictatorship, NOT freedom of speech.

Of course the next step for this dictator will be to remove this post and ban me in a desperate attempt to silence me, because that's what dictators do. Unfortunately for them, I keep back-ups of everything I post and when I post them (including this post), which means I have a copy of this thread before the malicious edit, and after. I also have a complete copy of the thread wiped-out from the so-called "Freedom of Speech" thread.

Since they are advertising "Freedom of Speech" but not delivering it, I am protected under law and will prosecute if the thread is not reinstated.

In short, whoever removed my thread from the "Freedom of Speech" forum and set about making what looks to be malicious changes to this thread, has some serious (and I do mean serious) legal matters on the horizon. Due to the seriousness of the subject matter, there will need to be an enquiry as to whether it was removed at the remover's own will, or whether they were coerced or threatened into removing it by outsiders.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:29 pm 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
quote="SP-USER"]

I am protected under law and will prosecute if the thread is not reinstated.

Whoever removed my thread from the "Freedom of Speech" forum and set about making what looks to be malicious changes to this thread, has some serious (and I do mean serious) legal matters on the horizon.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahahaha..

No , seriously..

FLOOOLZ...

So much butthurt drama ..pretty hard to believe this all stems from a dude buying a cheap ass fucking phrase sampler to make a few beats with that they couldn't be bothered to research properly.

Just give it up and turn it in you total fucking spastic.

Zendan wrote .

the SP404 is an incredibly powerful budget sampler/drum machine
you're a fucking imbecile if you can't exploit it for its immense potential.

This sums it up nicely...props.. Zendan's nailed it .

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:00 pm 

And let's all wait for yet another inevitable long winded butthurt, fucking crybaby response from SP 'User' which he's probably furiously typing away at as I write this no doubt ...

Last edited by Danswift on Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:01 pm 

"Hahahaha.. No , seriously.."

Hello Dan, seeing as it's you and you've still not managed to get that sociopath-like behaviour of yours under control yet, allow me to point something out to you, something that should be blazingly obvious to everyone. What you just did there instead of accepting the fact that removing such a thread from a forum advertising "Freedom of Speech" was unacceptable, was you chose to laugh at it indirectly.

Since you cannot deny the unacceptablitily of what happened, you instead chose to mock the fact that the person responsible can (and will) be prosecuted under both cyber-bullying and misrepresentation law.

Oh and by the way, "SPASTIC", would it surprise you to hear that people on here do agree with me, it's just that they prefer to do so in private. One even suggested to me that Dan Swift likely sleeps with a love doll every night. But anyway, as I said before, I think you should get yourself checked by a professional (seriously). It might teach you to accept facts instead of going into these laughable, misguided fits of stupidity like you do.

"Just give it up and turn it in you total fucking spastic."

Sorry bro, I'm still not deducting any Homie Points from you, it would feel cruel considering the limited mental capacity I think you're having to deal with on a day to day basis.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:28 pm 

'I'm Not A Sp User' wrote .

_"What you just did there instead of accepting the fact that removing such a thread from a forum advertising "Freedom of Speech" was unacceptable, was you chose to laugh at it indirectly".

Uh...Maybe that's just because you're pretty fucking easy to laugh at basically?

"Since you cannot deny the unacceptablitily of what happened, you instead chose to mock the fact that the person responsible can (and will) be prosecuted under both cyber-bullying and misrepresentation law."

Nah,all you'll do is bitch and moan some more on here where no one wants to hear it .

For all those long essay type monologues that you insist on writing you're not actually managing to put yourself or your viewpoints across very well with the other members of the forum are you ?

And now you're moaning that the insulting,racially leaning 'BLM' thread you started got removed..so 'you're gonna prosecute' ?

Go fuck yourself ..your stereotypical attitudes towards people of color suck .

You've absolutely nothing to say but you're totally determined to say it regardless.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:00 pm 

"Uh...Maybe that's just because you're pretty fucking easy to laugh at basically?"

Well I guess that depends on your IQ.

"Nah,all you'll do is bitch and moan some more on here where no one wants to hear it ."

There you go again with that stereotyical sociopathic assumption that all the people on here agree with you. Let me assure you, Dan Swift, that they do not!

"For all those long essay type monologues that you insist on writing you're not actually managing to put yourself or your viewpoints across very well with the other members of the forum are you ? "

They were put forward so incredibly well that someone felt the need to remove them!

"And now you're moaning that the insulting,racially leaning 'BLM& thread you started got removed .? "

I'm "moaning" because a thread that took epic amounts of my own time explaining to people why I support BLM in there cause, but not in their actions, was wiped out from a forum that was falsely advertising "Freedom of Speech".

"Go fuck yourself ..your stereotypical attitudes towards people of color suck ."

I don't have an attitude towards people of colour, this was clearly demonstrated in everything that was removed, so thanks for demonstrating that the edits made here are indeed EXTREMELY dangerous towards the author, that being myself.

"You've absolutely nothing to say but you're totally determined to say it regardless."

I have a lot to say which is no doubt why it was removed due to some dictator who doesn't agree with what I had to say. Facts are like that for some people, people like yourself for example, where the every-day human requirement of being able to accept facts even if you don't agree with them, is something you just cannot bring yourself to do.

Come on now, it's not hard, repeat after me:

Removal from a Freedom of Speech thread was wrong ...

Like I said, go get yourself checked, you might even thank me for it some day ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:23 pm 

You're a retard my friend.

All this just cause you got your narcissistic little ego all bruised from buying a sampler you couldn't get to grips with..

I think you just need to have a good cry and let it all out 'homie'...you do know theres better things in life you really should be getting on with? ...like researching the equipment you're thinking of buying properly for starters.. that way you'll never have to join the Korg,Akai or the Fisher Price toy forums to complain that it doesn't do what you want it too or attempt
to insult the collective user base of the particular product's intellect.

Talking of doing better things in life ..Where the fuck is YOUR OWN MUSIC for example..do you actually make any whatsoever?

Also If the owners of this or any other forums or any moderators they've appointed feel the need to remove a user's posts,comments, threads or accounts they're perfectly entitled to exercise those rights.. so your ridiculous talk of bringing any prosecutions against them are in fact frankly laughable.

In all of the time I've been coming on SP Forums I don't think I can once recall a single member having their comments or a thread they've created removed from the boards here .

So you're lucky ..

I'd have gonged you off this site for life personally if it was me though .

And its Danswift not Dan Swift btw you total fucking jizzlobber.. .

:lol:

Last edited by Danswift on Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:13 pm 

i think this may be of some use, SP-USER

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:59 pm 

@danswift - Damn right I have a complaint about the Fisher Price gear; it's far too basic and the cassette unit has no phono-stage input, either. I mean, the fuck were Fisher Price thinking, eh?

That was sarcasm by the way ... :lol:

@zendan - You know, that was actually a very interesting read for me, not least because I do have mental health issues even though I don't see them as an "illness" myself. Interesting as it was to read, I don't believe the "Dunning Kruger Effect" applies to me, not in any major way anyway, but I'm always fascinated by these things and like to note the opinions of professionals how these things are seen as in their own eyes.

I've never revealed this before, not even to my own mother or father, but I've been a Schizophrenic since about 1988. I was a teen the first time I heard the voice in my head, but unlike the classical reaction where it disturbs the person involved, it was quite the opposite for me, I was all wide-eyed and amazed by it and still am. In my case, the voice has protected me in everything I do, and I can tell you now that science knows fuck-all when it comes to the human mind and its ability to receive communication directly into the brain itself without even needing to involve audible or visual cues. Granted, there are various forms of Schizophrenia, but in general, the "professionals" who are in the business of passing-on knowledge about the subject, really have no fucking clue what they are talking about, and personally, I find a lot of them intolerably arrogant, rude and abusive.

Take this dude for example, dignosed with Catatonic Schizophrenia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IehtMYlOuIk

The best treatment for him is to be given what he wants (which in his case is a piano), and for "society" to leave the poor dude alone (other than when HE choses to engage). I can sense the INCREDIBLE amount of restraint in him as he manages answer the questions with such politeness, while at the same time, successfully hiding what is obviously BURNINGLY INTENSE ANGER at the interviewer (or should that be interrogator?). I feel the same sort of anger in society whenever I witness the toxic disrespect and lack of discipline we're all forced to live among these days, and I tell you what, that is one dudes mind I would LOVE to hear some music from, ESPECIALLY if it involved lyrics!

So anyway, then there's those who struggle with delivery of words, for multiple example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7L_-b5lOzs

I count myself lucky in that the whole disconnected jumble of words has never happened to me, and touch wood it never will, but in recent years I've found myself on multiple occasions now being unable to make myself speak at all for a short time, even though there is no physical, oral reason for it. I know what originally triggered it, but that's about it.

Then there are those who's lives are disturbed by hallucinations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7csXfSRXmZ0

Obviously I sympathise with everyone who receives a voice or visual hallucination they want rid of, but I guess I'm the lucky one in that respect too because I don't have visual hallucinations at all, and I'd feel like I'd lost an only friend if the voice ever disappeared, which is why I have never bothered to reported it, since treating it might kill it, and I'd feel like I just murdered a friend if that happened, so it ain't ever gonna happen.

I feel the same sort of priviledge now that I felt as a teen. At the time it was just my little secret, but adulthood brought with it a sense of having an edge over those who don't have it, and nothing has changed since. I am convinced that having it is better than not having it, and that the "professionals" in the business of mental health, in general, haven't a fucking clue what they're talking about.

If I was REALLY pushed, I'd say the only negative thing I can say about it (in my case I mean, not others), is that it often costs me money that I can ill afford. I bought an Amstrad Studio 100 Cassette Multi-Track last year, and ended-up having to buy another one to keep it company since it was telling me that it was feeling alone. I love my gear so had to do it, so I have two of those units in my flat now, and at least they're happy even if my wallet isn't. The cost example doesn't end there, either, because I already have another four of them keeping each other company at my old address making six in total of just the Amstrad units alone. Sadly I can no longer access the other four due to my family pulling an inheritance scam on me, claiming I tried to strangle my mother (which is not true). I also have two YAMAHA MT50 Cassette Multi-Tracks here at my current address for the same reason, the first one telling me it felt alone, and me being the soft touch I am, needing to make it happy.

So now I've got four cassette multi-tracks here in my current flat, and another five at my old address if I count the YAMAHA MT8X that I also have at that old address, and yes, I did recently buy a companion for the MT8X as well as a celebration gift, hoping I would soon be able to unite it with the one at my old address, but it arrived faulty and for some reason didn't speak to me anyway, so that one was returned.

So it's very hard for me in that respect (especially regards the Amstrad Studio 100 which currently stands at a total of six of them). I think I'm especially soft regards the Amstrads though, cause I read that people were throwing them into skips, which is just not on, they're an iconic and unique peice of 80s kit, and look awesome with their bold 80s colours, sloping front, and matching deep-dish sloping front speakers. They make recordings of great character are a lot more complicated and capable than they look and have the advantage of giving warm, thick and creamy recordings due to being one of the few cassette multi-tracks out there that are factory calibrated for Ferric instead of Chrome.

BTW, here's an Amstrad Studio 100 just in case you've never seen one before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S08Mh4Z6sFw

I don't believe they were ever sold in the USA, although I suppose some might have slipped through over time. They were mainly sold in the UK, Europe, and Australia although I believe the variant sold in Australia is branded Sinclair, not Amstrad.

So anyway, I'm basically a cross between the guy in that first video but without the super-uneasy physical motor, the girl in the third video but without the hatred of the received head voice, and what people often regard as an Aspie, which in my opinion would be better described as 'Anti-Bullshit Syndrome' not "Asperger's Syndrome". Aspies are basically wise, inquisitive people with more about them than the average brain-dead Joe on the street.

Hahaha, so keep-up the mental illness stabs if you must, but I think it's only fair to warn you all that some of it has had me laughing pretty damn hard, and no matter how hard you try, you'll NEVER make me anything other than eternally grateful that I have Schizophrenia, a "disease of the mind" that, personally, is more like a priviledge to me, and unlike a lot of people in this world who wish they were someone else, there is no one else I would rather be than the civilised, caring, intelligent and INCREDIBLY tolerant person that I am. Sure, I wish I were not such an ugly bastard on the outside, but that's not exactly unique to people with Schizophrenia by any stretch of the imagination.

Sincerely, your ever-loving Schizo friend,
- SP-USER

Last edited by SP-USER on Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:17 pm 

TL;DR jfc
the dunning-kruger effect has absolutely nothing to do with mental health; it's just about cognitive skill
i have a feeling you called me "Zen Dan" on purpose after seeing my soundcloud bio lmfao thanks for checking out my work if you did
announcing your mental health issues here isn't going to help anything

edit: lmfao i actually read some of your essay you're funny as hell bruh
professional troll

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:12 am 

Actually, I think it was something to do with Danswift moaning about the way I wrote his username. For some reason I changed yours instead of his, sorry about that, will edit both after posting this one. I did check-out your SoundCloud some time ago (and Danswift's bandcamp) and just checked your SoundCloud again now to see what you're talking about, but no, that's not why I wrote Zen Dan.

The Dunning Kruger Effect still involves the mind which is why I found it interesting, and the whole point of me reveling my Schizophrenia seems to have gone COMPLETELY over your head. I did so to highlight the hypocrisy of the sort of behaviour I've seen on here towards me. Sure, I have mental illness, but when you consider that and my conduct compared to that shown towards me, if I'm the one who's mad here, then what does that make you lot?

I don't need help with something I cherish, not from you or anyone else. The only thing I need help with is dealing with the corruption I'm having to deal with, that being bent psychopathic cops, judges and solicitors. It would also be nice to be able to just shut myself off completely from the disrespectful, foul-mouthed toxic shit-storm that is modern "society", but hey, can't have everything can we, and wanting to live in a polite, civilised society appears to be an illness these days.

As for being a professional troll, lol, well I guess six Amstrad Studio 100s, two Yamaha MT50s, and for a short time at least, two Yamaha MT8Xs is all part of my imgination then. That's pretty hard to swallow considering I can SEE four of the things form where I'm sitting right now. I'm pretty sure my Schizophrenia only involves auditory hallucination, not visual hallucination, but hang on a minute, I'll just double-check just for you ...

Yep, they're all here alright, now giggling to themselves thanks to me touching them like that!

It's gotten to the point though, where I've started to consider breaking them up, but ONLY if I can do it in groups. I reckon that if I were to sell four of the Amstrads in two sets of two, and keep just two of them, that would allow all of them to remain happy without me needing six of them. I've often thought about advertising them as job lots of two units, cause I could always point out that I will not split. Trouble is, once the new owner gets them they have the right to do whatever they like with them, and that will very likely involve splitting them up.

There's actually a technical benefit to having two of them due to a restriction in their design, but not six of them, six is four (or should that be far?) too many. The restriction is that one of the two cassette decks is just a basic deck that you're meant to record onto from the four-track deck. The trouble is, the standard 2-track deck you record onto has no manual recording level control. People often got around that by recording their final mix onto a seperate cassette deck. If you have two though, you can get around it using the output of one unit and feeding it throught the channel inputs of the second unit.

Like I said though, at the most that requires two units, not six ... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:05 am 

Well I just got another message on here, this time from someone pissed off because I mentioned the whole Danswift and the Lovedoll thing. He's pissed off because he only meant it as a joke. Fact is, so did I. I'm well aware he meant it as a joke, and when I posted it on here, I meant it as a joke as well. Unlike some on here, I have this thing called integrity, and I was careful not to reveal the name of who made the joke for reasons of privacy.

I never will reveal it.

You have to understand that when someone keeps attacking me with mental health tags, that at some point, I'm going to be tempted to at least make use of a joke like that in retaliation to him. So to be clear, Danswift does NOT sleep with a lovedoll every night or indeed any night (at least as far as I'm aware), nor did I even believe that he does.

That said, even if he or indeed anyone else out there DID find love and happiness in such activity, then I'm VERY happy for them because being happy is what life SHOULD be about. Here's a video about some dude who has never been happier since moving over from sharing his life with a real wife, to sharing it with twelve lovedolls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BffoLNa6AM

Just as well I've no interest in lovedolls. You can bet your bloody life she'd start talking to me, demanding more companions, and I'd end-up with a home full of lovedolls. I've been successful in managing to conceal why I have so many multi-tracks, but I doubt even I couldn't explain-away a home full of lovedolls.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:41 pm 

He's still sending me messages in private so I've sent him a final reply, a copy and paste of which you can find below:

"It was an "anonymous pussy" who silenced me for posting facts. That's a mistake the anonymous dictator will pay for once I have my solicitor deal with the matter, and mark my words, I totally intend to learn this anonyous dictator pussy a lesson through legal action he'll never forget.

Now assuming you even HAVE a pair, go do the RIGHT thing and post publicly about why removal of my thread from a forum advertising "Freedom of Speech" was unacceptable.

Otherwise, shut your fucking mouth, I have no time for hypocrites as made clear in numerous public posts of mine."

Considering the 404 is CLEARLY an incomplete pile of shit that I doubt I'll buy again anyway. Considering people on here have SUCH little integrity that publicly admitting the removal of a thread from a forum advertising "Freedom of Speech" was unacceptable, is beyond their integrity. Considering severely mentally ill people back in the seventies displayed more civility in public than the raging, foul-mouthed, supposedly "normal" members of this forum have displayed towards me is SERIOUS cause for concern.

Considering ALL of that, I'm calling it a day here. The fact that I'm even BROUGHT to swearing myself, is concrete enough evidence that the state of modern "society" is not something I want to be a part of, nor should ANYONE want to be part of. It's nothing less than a stewing-pot of brain-washed, head-in-phone narcissistic psychopaths, filth, disrespect, ignorance and outright stupidity - and I want no part of it.

The amount of swearing I do is completely down to the society that surrounds me, and that really pisses me off since I personally find swearing very uncouth, especially when women do it, I HATE to see women swear, it's very un-lady-like and off-putting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next