It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm

Post subject: Re: Question for (A) Version Users
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:43 pm 

Ok. Bye, Felicia.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:32 pm 

Bye to you too, Bandit; the shining example of spineless modern-day man that you are ... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:21 pm 

Right :|

Last edited by 13th of 36 on Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:58 pm 

Sorry, you totally lost me there, what difference does anonymity make to what I say, how many multi-tracks I have, or even the reason I have them?

The only reason I'm remaining anonymous is because I have a whole heap of legal matters to deal with, and mark my words, those psychocops would just LOVE to find out that I'm a schizophrenic. They'd pull every fucking trick in the book to prevent themselves serving time for attacking and maliciously prosecuting me. Fuck that, they deserve to serve time, and I intend to ensure that they do exactly that.

Oh and BTW, I'm not Cecilia from the video if that's what you really meant by "Felicia". Hard to tell since the general IQ around here, especially yours, seems pretty low, and the name likeness you gave seems a bit TOO coincidental to be anything else.

So just in case you were having a pop at Cecilia, what have YOU done today?

Cecilia devotes her time to helping those like her, and she does so regardles of the hurdles she faces. But what about you, do you have anything higher priority in life than heading for low-life of the year award?

Poison you are, absolute poison, but don't take my word for it, grade yourself here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dv8zJiggBs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:15 pm 

Bandit, completely editing your post after reading my reply to it is a bit much, don't you think?

If you did it because you realised it was out of order, then fair enough and good man, but if you did it to make me look crazy then I'm afraid you're too late bro!

By the way, I just saw your studio in that other thread and was going to comment about how cool it is and all, but that it's lacking an Amstrad Studio 100, or two, or four, or six! In the end I thought it'd be safer to keep my comment in this thread instead, just in case the homies there turned on me.

So yeah, nice studio, but it is missing an Amstrad Studio 100 ... :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:39 pm 

Yeah it would be cool to have a little multitrack cassette recorder but Ableton and vsts does the trick more efficiently for my recording/mixing needs.

I was actually about to pull the trigger on a 246 portastudio and a tape duplicator for a few projects but the amount of time, effort, and the cost just didn’t make sense for me to do it myself. Tapes aren’t cheap and I’d rather be producing instead of bouncing tapes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:09 pm 

Totally hear you on the price of tapes, absolutely ridiculous. The bad news is that the price of new old stock tapes are crazy and will only get worse, but the good news is that new tapes purchased from a duplicator will always be available and are super cheap. Some of them even manufacture their own brand new tapes now, only Ferric though (for now at least), which is fine for me because I prefer Ferric anyway, just sounds nicer to me.

I'm absolutely amazed that Uli Behringer hasn't bought-up one of the larger tape production plants in China and gone into producing clones of the Tascam Portastudio units to go along with it. I reckon a clone of the Tascam Portastudio 414 would sell like crazy and would far outsell any analogue synth clone they ever produced. He's basically got this massive userbase of analogue synth users, with barely any of them having the benefit of keeping everything in the analogue domain by recording to tape.

And if he went the extra mile and released a Walkman-like personal cassette player along with it, I reckon such moves would do MASSIVE things for the tape community, I really do, so seems really weird to me that it hasn't happened.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:27 pm 

Still not worth it to me.

On top of that I’ll never buy from Uli’s behringer ever again. I only ever bought one product for them as a gift for someone. but after their most recent shit with the keystep and the bs following that, I can’t support them. It’s funny how you ragged on Roland and then support a company like behringer in the same thread.

https://youtu.be/p5RSIWbZ6Vc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:07 pm 

Wow, I've always been a fan of Behringer but that leaves me feeling very uneasy. Unsure about the problem they have with Kirn, but I'm all for cloning the vintage stuff that is no longer under manufacture. I was a year or so from starting my own business using a similar business model when my life took a nose-dive in 2017. But to clone a current product like that, wow, I'm surprised they can even do that and I'll be very surprised if it ever makes it to market anyway.

It's a shame Tascam themselves don't understand the market as well as they should. Tascam are synonymous with cassette-based multi-track recording, yet in the current analogue revival they're sat on their backsides sucking their thumbs like a lost child. You'd think that by now, someone on the board of directors at Tascam would have realised that if they don't cash-in on the market with their own recognised brand, then it's only a matter of time until another brand cashes-in by making use of the original development work that Tascam put in to the design of this stuff. I'd rather Tascam profit from that development than Behringer, but what can you do when company directors these days are often not fit for purpose!

I mean, it really pleased me when Behringer released the Poly D for example, because it should have been obvious to Moog that something like that, priced sensibly, is going to be an absolute killer on the market. But just as Tascam are doing right now by not reviving their own line of cassette-based Portastudios, it's like Moog were basically just sat there sucking their thumb like a lost child, possibly even thinking they're somehow superior and above being cloned.

Anyway, thanks for the link!