It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am

Post subject: NEED HELP!!! URGENT!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:03 pm 

:shock: :? :x :cry: :?:

Been dealing with an issue since yesterday thas got me feeling all of tha above and no Google search or search on this forum has gotten me anywhere. This sh*t is frustrating beyond belief. Basically all my pads are now randomly blank...except one track I imported a day or so prior. EVERY pad (C-J) had something on it n now all of a sudden NOTHING. Im freakin tha hell out cuz I cant find any such problem online. I did manage to back up tha Roland folder which has 800+ MB of data on a 1GB Sandisk Ultra II CF which tells me everythings there but for w.e God forsaken reason, none of its actually loading to tha pads. Makes NO sense whatsoever. I've formatted and even upgraded tha firmware and nothings changed. Does ANYBODY have a clue on what to do with this? Sandisks supposed to be reliable so I find it hard to believe that tha card is done. All I know is I got a project im supposed to be droppin later this week n half my tracks were on my 404 smh. Regardless, this is tha stuff of nightmares

Post subject: Re: NEED HELP!!! URGENT!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:43 pm 

Similar thing happened to me, couple of weeks ago man.... Some friends and I were jamming in a studio, and this one guy wanted to try to play with the SP 404 sx of mine, tweaking the kaossilator (it was hooked up to external source, and then processed with efx) and playing the percussion sounds off pads, and get this - after a minute or two I walked up to him, changed the bank to trigger some other sounds (piano themes nvrmnd),
and the same fkn thing occurred. Almost all of the samples on all of the banks (maybe five or six left, but scattered randomly across the banks) deleted... I mean, I thought he pressed something, because that was literally the first time he got in contact with the SP, but, in all fairness, he'd have to hit 'delete' and then select each and every pad, needless to say I was there, would've seen it for sure... He was just playing with the pads.

I still don't understand what could've happened.. It's a Kingston 32gb card, and it was nowhere near full. I think less than 1/3 of the memory was used, since there were mostly one shot samples, with the exception of two banks where I had entire tracks and /or mixes...

Man, almost a year of sample collecting gone in a second.. I have back ups for some of them, but not all, plus those on the SP that got deleted were already processed with SP's efx.. Fkn hell.
Didn't even format the card afterwards, didn't need to, just re loaded the samples and everything was OK.
Fkn weird man.
Never happened to me before...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:59 pm 

aaahhh bro dont tell me that lol. That is a similar situation. I've heard varying degrees of issues regarding tha type of card u got tho. And was your data actually still on tha card after it happened? Cuz mine is and I feel like if I had another SP to test it on or another card to throw it all on, i'd have my answer. Neither are feasible at tha moment tho. Tha timing of all this is just ridiculous for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:04 pm 

djizzl13 wrote:
And was your data actually still on tha card after it happened?

No, nadda. Clean deleted, like it never existed, except for the few mentioned, scattered randomly. Patterns as well. Totally tripped out man, I really don't know how it could've happened...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:02 pm 

hmmm...might be hope for me after all. Just ordered a new card. guess well see

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:24 pm 

If u already backed up the card to your computer, you could try formatting the card in the SP, and then copy the content back onto the formatted card.

SOUNDCLOUD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:48 pm 

I hope to never run into this problem as a new user. I can only hope that’s not the reason why they’re selling me one for just $150! :shock: But I may just have to get a cheap laptop that’s ONLY used to archive .wav files. I admit, that’s overkill, but I wouldn’t want to lose all my samples because I never bothered to back them up. If I upgrade to a descent Mac, I’d be looking into Reason or Ableton as a DAW, but a cheap PC laptop could just be for backing up files.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:48 am 

Soooo I managed to get a Roland brand CF (after I ordered another Sandisk that was too large for tha 404 smh) and formatted it so I could copy over my entire ROLAND folder with all its contents just to have tha same sh*t happen. Absolutely NOTHING. :evil:

So idk WTF tha problem is. I've got a SP404 folder with 189 SPD files (including tha PWDCHECK and WVINFO files) that tha 404 just flat out ignores. Tha f*ck am I missing???!! NO ONE in tha history of ever has had this problem before??!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:00 pm 

djizzl13 wrote:
Soooo I managed to get a Roland brand CF (after I ordered another Sandisk that was too large for tha 404 smh) and formatted it so I could copy over my entire ROLAND folder with all its contents just to have tha same sh*t happen. Absolutely NOTHING. :evil:

Did you formatted the card with the 404 or with the pc ?
You might wanna try formatting the card as FAT (not FAT32), and rename it as FUGUEFAT. If it still doesn't work either the 404 is broken or the card simply isn't accepted by the unit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:50 pm 

ghost bazz wrote:
If u already backed up the card to your computer, you could try formatting the card in the SP, and then copy the content back onto the formatted card.

that doesn't work, but i was going to suggest this:

get sp404sx wave converter freeware if you don't already have it

since you have all the actual files backed up off the SD card on your computer, just go through the wave converter program and re-import all of those files back to their appropriate pads and banks!!! voila~~~
:mrgreen:

-edit-
PLEASE READ YOUR MANUAL, PEOPLE
IT EXPLAINS THINGS LIKE WHAT I JUST SUGGESTED

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks