It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:36 pm

Post subject: Resample method drums
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:40 pm 

So what I do is make a few 2-1 bar loops and patterns of drums and then resample those in the order I want into one pad, then resample the drums pad with my whatever else. I use a metronome but I'm not a robot so the patterns don't alway line up perfectly, how can I resample whilst keeping everything in time?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Resample method drums
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:58 pm 

resample style u just gotta b precise with ur truncating..

a key thing to remember, let ur loops play one measure before truncating so its more accurate when u chop the loop. for some reason if its right on the first measure its always a little off. i find it easiest to play out first measure, mark on the next measure then press pad so u dont have an end mark, truncate and delete first measure for the start of the loop then mark again for end, adjust to taste. hope that helps ya out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:10 pm 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

Putting a gate/loop on the hi-hat can help you keep time better with other stuff, because it will always keep your tempo right so long as you hold down the pad.

When resampling it can help to tap out a couple hits before your start point... depending on the speed of your card, if you begin your start point immediately while the 404 is standing by to resample, it takes a moment to respond and in turn screw up your timing.. the beginning of a loop will often sound rushed.. (i think this is kind of what magicsean just said)

Lastly, the reverse button is really helpful for making perfect loops out of resampled performances... by starting your truncation process in the reverse setting, you can hear where the end point should be without having to listen to the whole sample over and over...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:10 pm 

Thanks for the advice. So what you're saying is, say I have 1 bar of drums I let that loop play out for one bar then I mark the start, truncate, then mark out the end?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:23 am 

^^^^ exactly that. its really weird how that first loop always sounds off but then again i find it helpful to have an extra 4 count before u start ur next layer.