It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:26 am

Post subject: Pattern and fx questions
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:34 pm 

Yo.
Just got my SP-404 about a week ago.
Been playin around with it for a little while, and kinda got the grips on some stuff.

But i have a couple of questions:

how do you guys go about when making a track with alot of elements and different fx? do you make like 4 bar patterns, then record them to a computer/tape deck and then sample them back to the 404, so you can use the whole pattern as a sample?

yeah... sorta terrible question. but the thing is that i made a 4 bar pattern, and then i added vinyl sim to get that sidechain effect, and recorded it.
But if i for example want to play back those 4 bars and add like isolator/mfx24 or something, the whole vinyl sim fx goes away, and the whole pattern sounds like shit..
so i just wonder how you folks make like 2 min tracks with fx, and how you play those tracks live and fuck around with MFX24 etc, cuz i don´t recon you make 99 bar patterns? or?

Any help is greatly appriciated!
Sorry for my lack of grammar, i´m Norwegian, drunk and stoned of my ass!

Post subject: Re: Pattern and fx questions
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:47 pm 

Include resampling to your Workflow. So you can use more than One fx at the same Time. You can resample more than One Sample too, so you can Layer Drums and Bass together with vinylsim for example....

Post subject: Re: Pattern and fx questions
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:04 am 

You need to resample to get the multi-effect stuff going. You can use a sample, record it somehow, record it back on the 404, then repeat for each effect. Or after you have the track on the 404, you can resample with one effect at a time to layer each effect. You also can edit it live and add extra samples if you want or feel the need.

But there isn't a live way to add more than the one effect from the sampler at a time. I use some guitar pedals for send/return effects that do what I like.