It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:39 am

Post subject: lets call it a c.canceller question
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:06 pm 

aloha amigos, i have had my OG 404 for a lil bit and now that i finally got a FUNCTIONING memory card i have been getting more and more into making all resample joints, just recently i have a couple samples loaded up that i like but they both have this somewhat annoying frequency thing going on, long story short i want to be able to control these kinds of things in the box and i am sure with abletons eq i could fix it quick but i feel like with 404 eq i use it to highlight frequencys more than remove them completely if that makes sense? i need to post an example of these sounds but for now i'd say the sound kinda tinny, ringing in some weird high frequency range and i have been trying use c.canceller but it seems to cut the volume so drastically that i cant get it back up to where it was before, and i tried using filter to no real success either anyways i dont want to go on forever but i wondered if there was a step i was missing, plus i started to wonder if it was a case of just of the sample material being that bad haha i did sample them from a old movie hope i didnt start a boring thread PEACE

Post subject: Re: lets call it a c.canceller question
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:28 pm 

stupid phone dammit i double posted can somebody delete this travesty HOLLAHOLLA!!!

Post subject: Re: lets call it a c.canceller question
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:40 am 
Winner of Silver Medal
Winner of Silver Medal

YAKUL wrote:
aloha amigos, i have had my OG 404 for a lil bit and now that i finally got a FUNCTIONING memory card i have been getting more and more into making all resample joints, just recently i have a couple samples loaded up that i like but they both have this somewhat annoying frequency thing going on, long story short i want to be able to control these kinds of things in the box and i am sure with abletons eq i could fix it quick but i feel like with 404 eq i use it to highlight frequencys more than remove them completely if that makes sense? i need to post an example of these sounds but for now i'd say the sound kinda tinny, ringing in some weird high frequency range and i have been trying use c.canceller but it seems to cut the volume so drastically that i cant get it back up to where it was before, and i tried using filter to no real success either anyways i dont want to go on forever but i wondered if there was a step i was missing, plus i started to wonder if it was a case of just of the sample material being that bad haha i did sample them from a old movie hope i didnt start a boring thread PEACE

If you were able to cut that frequency and the volume got quiet, I'd just toss on a compressor right quick or use Isolator and turn all the knobs up. And sometimes, yeah, you can't isolate or eliminate certain elements of older recordings because their spectrum is much more narrow compared to modern recordings, so cutting a little bit on a sample like that means you're going have lots of collateral damage.