It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:48 pm 

Hi! I recently got my first sampler - the 404. I'm a bit clumsy on the sequencer and I wonder if someone could tell me which PC software would be ideal for MIDI-sequencing this thing? I'm a total noob with midi... Or are there any cheap/good hardware solutions?

btw nice forums!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:54 am 

You could use any midi sequencer I guess. Cubase, Logic even Reason and maybe even freeware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:04 pm 
Plexx74 wrote:
Hi! I recently got my first sampler - the 404. I'm a bit clumsy on the sequencer and I wonder if someone could tell me which PC software would be ideal for MIDI-sequencing this thing? I'm a total noob with midi... Or are there any cheap/good hardware solutions?

btw nice forums!!

I would just learn the SP-404 first... software sequencing is even harder for the beginner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:10 pm 

Yep, I'm learning the build-in sequencer too. It's just me making too much mistakes! What makes software sequencing harder then? I've used some programs like Protracker on the Amiga earlier.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. Hope I can post some beats/turntable tracks later (this year)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:44 pm 

Read the manual concering midi. Turn off the machine and start it up holding down TIME/BPM to come up with the midi features (read more about these in the manual) and also make sure to hit it to whatever midi channel you want to use by starting it up and holding down the numbered pad that corresponds to the midi channel you'd like to use.

And rememberthe 404 doesn't have MIDI OUT so you can only control it- you can't use it as a midi controller.