It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:22 am

Post subject: help - needing more than 99 measures for pattern sequencing!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:55 am 

hey forum dudes - I have had my sx for a week and am still loading it up...this may be really obvious (if so, please tell me) but in the absence of a "song" mode - the pattern sequencer only going up to 99 measures seems to be not long enough! usually you chain a bunch of patterns together (am used to late 80's/early 90's drum machines) to create the length of a song.
At the moment I am halving the bpm so I can get my 3:20 song out of it. BTWZ - I have sampled my Linn Drum beat intact and split the song into 3 - as "fills" and a CR78 drops in and out... so it's not a straight ahead approach I guess. The problem with halving to bpm is I am synching up with another sequencer (Roland MT 120) and they are fighting over bpms. oh man.... any advice? has anyone else run into issues like this? THANKS!

Post subject: Re: help - needing more than 99 measures for pattern sequencing!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:41 am 
303 Award Winner '09

Yeah, but that's 99 measures per button or sequence. You have 12 pads all of which can hold a 99 measure sequence which should be adequate if you have you song parts on each pad ie; pad 1 intro, pad 2 verse1 pad3 chorus1 pad 4 verse2 pad 5 chorus pad6 bridge pad7 outro.
You can just press what pattern you want to trigger and it will switch automatically, the manual describes it better. That way you can work in whatever tempo you want and still sync your other machines properly through midi. Hope that helps, sounds like you have some amazing gear.

Post subject: Re: help - needing more than 99 measures for pattern sequenc
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:18 am 

hello, I'm having the exact same problem. Is there a way to chain patterns, or a workaround?
I play other instruments at the same time so can't change patterns manually...

Post subject: Re: help - needing more than 99 measures for pattern sequenc
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:27 am 

Should've done a better search first, long thread here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=987&start=15

The question is, what (cheap) external sequencer with song mode could I get to control the SP-404? I have a TR-626 but can only store 9 songs on there, which is a bit limited...