It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 pm

Post subject: Samples cutting out when changing patterns
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:36 am 

Couldn't find anyone asking about this problem. Samples triggered in one pattern I would expect to play over the next would cut. I was able to fix it by going into utility->system->, scrolling down to PTN Change Mode and setting it to SX.

Post subject: Re: Samples cutting out when changing patterns
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:43 am 

The setting you describe does sound like the one you needed to change, but since it hasn't worked (and you're talking about patterns here) I'm wondering if it has something to do with the polyphony mode you set before inputting the pattern.

Perhaps you had the Polyphony mode set to Mono when you made the pattern, and if so I suppose it's worth a look just in case it also effects whether samples are cut or not between patterns.

If I were you I would redo what you did on some empty pattern slots and this time make sure you're in Polyphonic mode. If that doen't work either then perhaps Legato mode will work.

Other than that I can't imagine what's wrong. I can't try it right now cause mine's back in her box until I get an instrument sorted, but I can't say I ever noticed the cutting-off of samples across multiple patterns!

All I can say is that if it's normal then at least the MKII allows really long patterns (up to 999 bars if I recall), so all you would need to do is make your pattern long enough to avoid the cut.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:07 pm 

Ok but I said I couldn't find anyone discussing the problem or the solution, then I found the solution and posted it here in case anyone else had an the same issue. I don't need help fixing it, I found the fix. It makes the pattern sequencer behave like the SX model.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:58 pm 

Wow, well now I'm really starting to believe I'm dyslexic. I actually logged out and logged back in again three times the other day because I miss-spelt a word, and after logging in specifically to correct the typo, I still managed to log out again (twice) without getting it right!

It's fucked up ... :?

Sorry bruh, I read it as "I wasn't able to fix it by going into utility->system->, scrolling down to PTN Change Mode and setting it to SX."

I do believe I have a form of shchizophrenia so it might be related to that!