It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:54 am

Post subject: Chop audition trick
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:14 pm 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

Wellll not really a trick I guess but let’s say you got a resampled drum loop going on one pad, you introduce a long sample on a different pad (gate/loop both off) that hasn’t yet been chopped.

Now, put the new choppable samp in the edit window and mess with the start point in real time while the drum loop loops.

Helps you get a feel for if the sample will work without having to chop it first. In combo w skip back might get some nice results as well…

Post subject: Re: Chop audition trick
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:16 pm 

kel wrote:
Wellll not really a trick I guess but let’s say you got a resampled drum loop going on one pad, you introduce a long sample on a different pad (gate/loop both off) that hasn’t yet been chopped.

Now, put the new choppable samp in the edit window and mess with the start point in real time while the drum loop loops.

Helps you get a feel for if the sample will work without having to chop it first. In combo w skip back might get some nice results as well…

Crazy I just tried this today before I saw your post.
I also tried messing around with ping-pong loop on and finding cool loops in the edit window that way

https://soundcloud.com/spliffsoldier
https://rickjones757.bandcamp.com/

757 2up2down

Post subject: Re: Chop audition trick
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:51 am 

spliffsoldier wrote:
kel wrote:

Crazy I just tried this today before I saw your post.
I also tried messing around with ping-pong loop on and finding cool loops in the edit window that way

Idk how good the mkii ping pong loop is but if it’s done how I’m thinking it’s such a cheat code to fill empty space and extend chops