It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:14 pm

Post subject: Sample level
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:42 pm 
Producer of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09 + 202 Award Winner '09

Any one experience low sample levels when sampling into the mkii?the out put of my turn table or computer is at full level and no matter what it seems like I always have to normalize the sample. I have the input levels on the mkii at full level and also the noise gate and autenator are set correct as well,any ideas to fix this?

Post subject: Re: Sample level
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:45 am 

Roland found it cool to adjust the volume of banks. It's factory set to 80, so even if you got it all full blast at 127, the sound will be at 80. Set all your banks volume at 127.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:22 pm 

I was having this issue as well, I was messing around with a bunch of settings and set the attenuator option to on. Once it was off, it seemed pretty similar to my other SP's.

Ill is correct tho, I had this issue when i was resampling the volume of the sample would go down after every resample.

Off Topic,

The gain staging on this thing has been tough for me to wrap my head around. I messed with the attenuator because I found the internal sounds like factory content to be super loud, almost distorting my headphones compared to other models. I usually have the volume up around 10 o clock. One thing I really miss is the red peak light. As far as I can the EXT button only turns reddish if the ext is peaking, not the internal sounds. So just have to use my ears to to tell if it is clipping. Also for some reason all the Gain settings are for making things louder not quiet, IE USB out, headphone out etc..

Newerstuff
http://soundcloud.com/sleeps-numb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:31 pm 
Producer of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09 + 202 Award Winner '09

How do you set the bank volume?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:25 pm 

Shift plus the bank you want to change the volume of brings up the menu

Newerstuff
http://soundcloud.com/sleeps-numb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:20 am 

Yes, and SHIFT + GATE will GATE the whole bank, or turn it off.

COPY + EXIT will copy an entire bank to another bank. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:32 am 

sleepynumb wrote:
I was having this issue as well, I was messing around with a bunch of settings and set the attenuator option to on. Once it was off, it seemed pretty similar to my other SP's.

Ill is correct tho, I had this issue when i was resampling the volume of the sample would go down after every resample.

Off Topic,

The gain staging on this thing has been tough for me to wrap my head around. I messed with the attenuator because I found the internal sounds like factory content to be super loud, almost distorting my headphones compared to other models. I usually have the volume up around 10 o clock. One thing I really miss is the red peak light. As far as I can the EXT button only turns reddish if the ext is peaking, not the internal sounds. So just have to use my ears to to tell if it is clipping. Also for some reason all the Gain settings are for making things louder not quiet, IE USB out, headphone out etc..

Yeah, I miss that red light too. Digitakt was the same way when it first appeared. The gain and attenuator would be off the charts, just a small interger of changes could be made for even tolerable results. But they fixed it by the 3rd update. Hopefully, major update is coming, we been bombarding the programmers with issues since Nov. :mrgreen: