It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

Post subject: Just got a 202
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:30 am 

I am kind of disappointed. When i hit a sound, regardless if its on trigger and one shot, it stops it self when i press it again.. What the fuck ? How do i get my 1 shots to just repeat themselves upon pressing the button again, like a 404 or any MPC ever? I know i could just make a 2nd pad and put the same sample on that as a get around, but this thing doesnt have all that much room and only 8 pads per bank. Is what im asking making any sense, If so is it possible to do this ?

Post subject: Re: Just got a 202
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:52 pm 

Turn the pads off loop mode to one shot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:52 pm 

They are on one shot, If i hit the button again while the sounds till playing it doesnt repeat the sound, it just stops it. As if it were on loop mode.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:02 pm 

Congrats on your 202! I would either set to gate mode and retrigger manually, set the loop to loop at the point when you would have retriggered the pad or as you said just throw it on 2 pads. Those r the only workarounds i can think of. Remeber tho its a 202, the most basic of the sp series, if u want to produce without little workarounds like this u should have bought an mpc.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:16 pm 

well ive got an MPC2k, and ive got a 404. The 202 was just an early Xmas gift. Thanks for the tips. I found yet another work around for this issue if anyone else is interested:

Put the "time" effect on your bass drum, tune the nob and find the spot that makes the double hit you want and remember that area, now you can play as normal and when you want a double hit, you turn the nob to that spot and hit the sample, the next time you hit the sample again quickly turn the nob back to the default/not effected position. You could also just turn the effect on and off.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:41 pm 

like dan said, on the 202 you got to set the pad to gate. i love the 202. i got so many crazy sounds with the filters and ring-mod. crazy sampler. i love it
the 202 is very limited but i love the sounds coming from this little box. the integrated mic is dope too. love to sound the mic feedback thru the filters to make noises.