It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm

Post subject: Roland MS-1 newbie questions
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:14 pm 

Hi everyone,

I have a Roland MS-1 in the post, and I've been trying to work out what I need to do on the OS/firmware update front.

This forum has been a great resource, but I still have some questions if you guys are able to help.

I found a thread with the O_S112S.mid and instructions on how to pipe that through to the unit. But I'm also reading about OS 1.3, is there a different .mid file for that version or is S112S the same thing?

I read elsewhere 1.3 had problems. I'm not sure which version is the most stable and which you need for the PCMCIA>CF support. Did anyone ever get the PCMCIA>SD cards working?

Will need to track down expanded memory, and from using some of this PCMCIA>CF stuff on Amiga projects I know the smaller/older cards are getting more expensive.

Final question; are you able to do any kind of system backup, or back up the samples via midi? There may be some PC utils for the MS-1 that I've overlooked.

Cheers!
LW.

Post subject: Re: Roland MS-1 newbie questions
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:58 pm 

I'm still on OS 1.00 :)

Actually, get the latest upgrade, it helps to use PCMIA adapters so you can use CF or SD cards. I have one for CF cards but without the update, the machine lags for hours.

And yes there is backup via MIDI, never used it though but I pass by it every time I menu dive.