It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:12 am

Post subject: Re: SPBB #367
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:48 am 

TGN wrote:
Here's mine: https://thegreatnoire.bandcamp.com/track/high-humidity

@SupaSamplaSwappa:
Brilliant idea to cover the missing pitch shifting function of the 303 with something small! Pitch sounds really good to my ears.

@IIIII:
Ok, I'm curious to see what you think of the KOII. In combination with an sp sampler, it's certainly cool. Weird that it can't resample.

Can't resample but can pitch any pad at the touch of a button with no lag. Effects are applied as a group per "bank" so it's a bit weird. Can scroll thru patterns to start where you want instead of playing the whole thing back. USB to PC works with a Web app so you can use whatever os you have to drop samples to pads, also edit start end. That's cool. Although I accidentally deleted all my samples somehow the other day with the app. Sound is crisp and crunchy. Lack of ins and outs left me wanting, but also ok with the stripped down approach. Buttons click loud enough to wake people up apparently. Very fun to use and I'm sure it's much deeper than I realize. Some thing I'm not sure about I might be wrong on, but can't really stage multiple patterns like the sp per pad. There's a sweet repeat function that helps you lay down hi hats. Samples are stored in a universal space so any pad can call up a sample from 1-999. So when you record to say a1, it's not really "there"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:06 am 

IIIII wrote:

Can't resample but can pitch any pad at the touch of a button with no lag. Effects are applied as a group per "bank" so it's a bit weird. Can scroll thru patterns to start where you want instead of playing the whole thing back. USB to PC works with a Web app so you can use whatever os you have to drop samples to pads, also edit start end. That's cool. Although I accidentally deleted all my samples somehow the other day with the app. Sound is crisp and crunchy. Lack of ins and outs left me wanting, but also ok with the stripped down approach. Buttons click loud enough to wake people up apparently. Very fun to use and I'm sure it's much deeper than I realize. Some thing I'm not sure about I might be wrong on, but can't really stage multiple patterns like the sp per pad. There's a sweet repeat function that helps you lay down hi hats. Samples are stored in a universal space so any pad can call up a sample from 1-999. So when you record to say a1, it's not really "there"

Thanks man. Seems really to be no bad machine! would be a perfect add-on to a sp-808, su700, sp-404 og or any clumsy 90's rack sampler. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:22 am 

The ko2 matched with a MK2 is a beast. Just have to get new cords to link them. Was thinking the two into my dj mixer->multitrack would be great. I hate the lag of older machines so even if it has limitations working fast is plus for me