It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:22 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SPBB #347 Poll
1  18%  18%  [ 8 ]
2  14%  14%  [ 6 ]
3  7%  7%  [ 3 ]
4  7%  7%  [ 3 ]
5  7%  7%  [ 3 ]
6  16%  16%  [ 7 ]
7  18%  18%  [ 8 ]
8  14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 44
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:54 am 
Member

Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:57 am
Posts: 43
IIIII wrote:
MaleficentDiscount3 wrote:
tis a rather spicy round

How spicy on a scale of 1-5
2.5 a fitting time to pop back up


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:58 am 
Member

Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:38 pm
Posts: 342
I’ll be honest, 50% of the time I put an aCapella on my beat was because I made it super close to deadline and didn’t feel confident lol so I’m beat battles I think aCapella can indicate many things, I’ve told myself to stop that now lol. Also IIIII good to see you back


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:44 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:38 pm
Posts: 342
Location: Germany
1,3,5 for me
not in order

_________________
SP-808 x SP-404 x SP-404mk2 x W30
http://www.thegreatnoire.bandcamp.com


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:23 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:00 am
Posts: 1170
IIIII wrote:
And if you are concerned that the creator of that track is offended or hurt by what I said...lol

When people don't like stuff on here they generally say something like "Nice, but I would have left that part out." or "Not bad, but I'm not a fan of the timing." and stuff like that.

But here, only in this particular battle it's like someone showed a red flag to a heard of bulls :lol:

I'm not concerned how this sort of stuff would come across to a seasoned user, not at all. I'm more concerned how it might look to a noob cause like I said, the battle is anonymous. I've heard many arythmic beats on here, and apparently a lot of it is done intentionally but even so, at the very most someone might point out that is sounded a bit arythmic!

So anyway, I gather by one of the replies that you're all whining about track 8, and I can tell you I voted for track 8 myself and don't see anything going on with it that doesn't go on with many of the beats on here!


IIIII wrote:
Please give me a chance to aim at least one criticism at your music before I die sad and unfulfilled

All in good time my dear, all in good time, there's an SP-555 with my name on it :mrgreen:

Yeah and anyway, you should already feel "fulfilled" after SP-USER spent five fucking minutes of his life drawing a portrait of you that you never even thanked him for!


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:08 pm 
Member

Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:57 am
Posts: 43
SP-USER wrote:
IIIII wrote:
And if you are concerned that the creator of that track is offended or hurt by what I said...lol

When people don't like stuff on here they generally say something like "Nice, but I would have left that part out." or "Not bad, but I'm not a fan of the timing." and stuff like that.

But here, only in this particular battle it's like someone showed a red flag to a heard of bulls :lol:

I'm not concerned how this sort of stuff would come across to a seasoned user, not at all. I'm more concerned how it might look to a noob cause like I said, the battle is anonymous. I've heard many arythmic beats on here, and apparently a lot of it is done intentionally but even so, at the very most someone might point out that is sounded a bit arythmic!

So anyway, I gather by one of the replies that you're all whining about track 8, and I can tell you I voted for track 8 myself and don't see anything going on with it that doesn't go on with many of the beats on here!


IIIII wrote:
Please give me a chance to aim at least one criticism at your music before I die sad and unfulfilled

All in good time my dear, all in good time, there's an SP-555 with my name on it :mrgreen:

Yeah and anyway, you should already feel "fulfilled" after SP-USER spent five fucking minutes of his life drawing a portrait of you that you never even thanked him for!


I wouldve thanked you for a 5 minute portrait, hell give me 3 and im all smiles


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:10 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:00 am
Posts: 1170
Yeah I even used the smudge brush to create a nice gradation across the curvature of the cleavage, it was an absolute masterpiece but was she grateful for it?

No, in fact she didn't say a word, she just disappeared for a few weeks instead!


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:26 am 
Member

Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:57 am
Posts: 43
SP-USER wrote:
Yeah I even used the smudge brush to create a nice gradation across the curvature of the cleavage, it was an absolute masterpiece but was she grateful for it?

No, in fact she didn't say a word, she just disappeared for a few weeks instead!

profile pic checks out


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:12 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:08 am
Posts: 222
MaleficentDiscount3 wrote:
profile pic checks out


:lol:

_________________
"A mute group, a mute group! My kingdom for a mute group!"


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:02 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:00 am
Posts: 1170
Why do I feel like I'm missing a joke here or summat? :lol:


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:18 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:37 pm
Posts: 495
Location: uk
SP-USER wrote:
Why do I feel like I'm missing a joke here or summat? :lol:


I thought their profile pic was of some famous person?!

_________________
SP 404
http://deathco.bandcamp.com/

http://deathandco.bandcamp.com


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:30 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:00 am
Posts: 1170
Ah man, so I've wasted my time drawing a famous person from the looks of it.
What famous person though, who is it?


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:52 pm 
Member

Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:57 am
Posts: 43
SP-USER wrote:
Ah man, so I've wasted my time drawing a famous person from the looks of it.
What famous person though, who is it?

obviously thats Hilaria Gibbles, famous actress and third seat to the cello in the Kissimmee philharmonic. Now have I earned a portrait?


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:08 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:00 am
Posts: 1170
No, you haven't, not until you tell me who it is and even then I will have to think about it. I honestly don't know who it is, I thought maybe she was some office worker from Seattle by day, and a beat-maker by night!


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:26 pm 
Member

Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:57 am
Posts: 43
SP-USER wrote:
No, you haven't, not until you tell me who it is and even then I will have to think about it. I honestly don't know who it is, I thought maybe she was some office worker from Seattle by day, and a beat-maker by night!

Seems like a very SP-NONUSER thing to say...hmm I will have to think about.


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:09 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:00 am
Posts: 1170
Ah, seems Danswift or Zindan has yet another account and we all know the drill by now :roll:

Heads, Lampshades:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS0fsoyrFg4

That was very naughty of you and no portrait shall be forthcoming. And incidentally, how the hell are artists with only a single genuine account on here supposed to battle fairly against those with half a million alt accounts?

My word, we do have our work cut-out, don't we?


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: