It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SPBB #347 Poll
1  18%  18%  [ 8 ]
2  14%  14%  [ 6 ]
3  7%  7%  [ 3 ]
4  7%  7%  [ 3 ]
5  7%  7%  [ 3 ]
6  16%  16%  [ 7 ]
7  18%  18%  [ 8 ]
8  14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #347 Poll
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:47 am 

IIIII wrote:
Great round, but I'm with zendan. That doom flip is garbage, you can't just bpm match his flow. How anyone voted for that is mind blowing.

i just ignored the acapella

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:01 pm 

Hey, what's up yall!

6 - 4 - 1, in that order. Lots of other nice ones too!

I might join up next round if the samples are short and juicy. :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:16 pm 

Sweat One wrote:
Hey, what's up yall!

6 - 4 - 1, in that order. Lots of other nice ones too!

I might join up next round if the samples are short and juicy. :D

good to see u back!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:26 pm 

Jaytreaze wrote:

good to see u back!

Thanks, man. Good to see you too. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:44 pm 

2 - 7 - 1

2 had nice drums and sweet chops.

7 would've been my first choice without rapapella.

1 was something i could zone out to comfortably

I agree, the DOOM track was wack.
After a few listen throughs it sounded messy and obnoxious. .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:26 pm 

Sorry, I'll admit I'm being lazy here but which track are you lot whining about?

If it were not anonymous I'd say it were getting personal cause surely it's not cool to be referring to a participant's beat as "garbage", "wack" and whatever else it's been called so far. I keep reading comments about "acapellas" so I assume that means one of the two tracks that have words in them?

Either way, I'm quite shocked at the level of language, I mean FFS it's an anonymous beat so even if there is any validity in what is being criticised, how on earth would you know if you are criticising a seasoned user or a noob?

If it turns out to be a seasoned user then hopefully they'll give y'all a polite middle finger after the reveal. But if it's a noob we'll prolly never see them again for dust and that's just not cool at all.

Well for your information, it was me who made that beat, you know, SP-NON-USER. Well not really, but fuck, it makes a person wonder how on earth a newcomer would be encouraged to join in if they can expect that sort of response on an anonymous battle!

Like I said, it's only because the battle is anonymous that people cannot be accused of attacking the person who made that track. Depending on which one it is I might have even voted for it myself and after hearing them through again I still have no idea where the negativity is coming from, I don't hear any track that deserves such negativity!

The fuck has gotten into y'all? :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:30 pm 

Voted 2, 6 & 7 for different reasons and in no particular order.
2 "nice"
6 "weird"
7 "great beat"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:45 pm 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

I liked the beat for number 8 but of course it’s obvious that the acapella is off.. and not in a good way either but Like jaytreaze I was able to ignore it… i like the anon-factor, I’d expect criticism is easier to take when it’s not personally directed from the jump. I like to read the feedback although I dont usually offer any myself. Love the format too, with the fancy video and spectrum analyzer. Thanks Isihambi!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:12 pm 

Sure but what I'm getting at is that it feels a bit harsh considering you have no idea whether a seasoned user or a noob did it. How's a noob supposed to be encouraged with feedback like that if it's a noob?

It's likely the person who made it will take it on the chin and prolly even agree with the criticism and be grateful for it, I get that, but I've never seen so much negativity aimed at a single track since I've been reading on here.

On the plus side, I least I won't feel singled-out when it's aimed at one of my own tracks :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:45 pm 

Being told the aCapella is the issue not the beat is probably a good sign to say let that beat sing!! Whoever posted it when poll is over would it be possible to hear the beat alone?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:58 pm 

Slagging off someone's beat AND the people that voted for it is pretty special, lolz. But, yeah, I was able to look past the acapella, coz I think their use is generally 'whack' anyway. The beat itself and use of samples was pretty nice. I found it quite hard to vote this time coz it was mostly all pretty standard boom bap stuff and not much stood out to me. A bit beige, like.

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:16 am 

Maybe I was harsh. But it's not something I could ignore. Maybe it's something that has been building inside me, doom acapellas show up occasionally in these battles and they are always a bad show. You can't just fit him in. Even madlibs remixes sound off to me. I can't just say "good beat" when all I hear is an off time acapella. It's impossible to ignore. And if you are concerned that the creator of that track is offended or hurt by what I said...lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:19 am 

SP-USER wrote:
Sure but what I'm getting at is that it feels a bit harsh considering you have no idea whether a seasoned user or a noob did it. How's a noob supposed to be encouraged with feedback like that if it's a noob?

It's likely the person who made it will take it on the chin and prolly even agree with the criticism and be grateful for it, I get that, but I've never seen so much negativity aimed at a single track since I've been reading on here.

On the plus side, I least I won't feel singled-out when it's aimed at one of my own tracks :lol:

Please give me a chance to aim at least one criticism at your music before I die sad and unfulfilled

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:21 am 

tis a rather spicy round

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:32 am 

MaleficentDiscount3 wrote:
tis a rather spicy round

How spicy on a scale of 1-5

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next