It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 pm

Post subject: SPBB345 - We Were The Music Makers...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:40 am 

https://soundcloud.com/user-425484251-4 ... 45-entries

Here's who was who!

1 Asha C - 404 OG - "Couldnt get a bass sample to work so I used the radio tuner effect on one of the bass notes to get that echoey/filtered sweep effect at the start so have used every sample!".

2 l i f - "Used something from everything, all done on 808 with pad-resample, no sequencing or quantise. Played live into the DAW & normalised".

3 Seezesea - "Made this all on 404sx; this is wav straight off the SD".

4 LoopmantrA - "SP404sx only, and just a wee bit of RComp on the exported take. Tons of MFX and resampling though xD. T'was a fast one tbh, done it all in an hour or so".

5 spliffsoldier - "SP404mkII (chops, resampling efx, layering & arranging), SP505 (sampled everything through Lofi-Processor, Vinyl Sim on master), Ableton (slight mastering & Lil'Jon acapella). I actually had a beat switch using a complete different set of drums and a different main sample but didn't want to be overly complicated. Wouldve been on a house/uk garage type vibe tho".

6 TGN - "My track 'small blind' was written on 404mk2".

7 Run Of The Hind - "Done entirely within the 303 using pattern sequencer, that sweet MFX EQ on the outputs, 'live' thru a "mastering" preset on the VS880EX to the PMD570 solid state recorder. Was gonna call it '3-0-3-For-The-Price-Of-1', LOLZROFLZETCZ".

8 Oja1991 - "I didn't use all samples at once so forgive me :P. MK2 only, no external stuff".

9 gis_sweden - "SP404SX. Resampling".

10 K.loor - "505combo".

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

Last edited by Run Of The Hind on Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: SPBB345 - We Were The Music Makers...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:53 am 

It appears I won this one! Thanks for your votes and comments! Great round! So hard to pick!

Since I was the one offering the prize, I'll instead give it to all participants. Like I said, it might be useful to you; might not. Check your DM inboxes on here shortly!

And, since Kel gave me the chance to do the samples for this one, I said I'd return the favour if I ever won one, so I've just messaged them to see if they're up for 346. If not, I'll raid the MPC-era CFs again!

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:18 am 

Congrat's on the win bruh, and wow, that was a very fun round and very interesting. I was also totally off on EVERY entry that I thought I had figured out.

He's who (out of the ones I had thought obvious) I thought was who :lol:

- I thought "9" was "asha c".
- I thought "7" was "TGN".
- I thought "2" (the one I voted for) was either "asha c", "LoopmantrA" or "Run Of The Hind".

I think the reason asha c came up twice is because I felt the beat for "2" flows along like his beats do, but the video and track for "9" also fitted asha c so I guess that's what made me think that way.

But yeah, wow, l i f sounded sort of like a cross between either an asha c or LoopmantrA beat along with the musicality I normally associate with other artists on here, so l i f definitely hurled himself into the "musicality" category for that one in my book!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:35 am 

SP-USER wrote:
I was also totally off on EVERY entry that I thought I had figured out.

:lol: I was thinking about extending the prize to the person who could most closely guess who was who!

I think the anonymous aspect was great! Good suggestion, Asha!

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:13 am 

Congratulations Run Of The Hind (nr. 7) :D
You did that track with a 303! Impressive.

I liked the anonymous idea! Interesting.

Great battle everybody!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:58 am 

gis_sweden wrote:
You did that track with a 303!

I know! I had myself convinced that I wouldn't be able to do my usual type of thing on just a 303 but it all came together pretty easily and its limitations really got the juices flowing! No mute groups means pretty boring drums for me tho (I'll have to get used to using Gate in future!). But, yeah, so far, this time around, I'm bloody loving the 303!

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

Last edited by Run Of The Hind on Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:07 pm 

Yeah, Congratulation Run Of The Hind!
What a Bomb you Dropped! It is Perfect!

Thank You and all the other Participants for this great battle!
This is top notch in here!