It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:45 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

344 POLL
Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:58 am
asha c  10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Run Of The Hind  30%  30%  [ 3 ]
lentilsoup  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
TGN  10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Jaytreaze  10%  10%  [ 1 ]
kel  40%  40%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 10
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 344 POLL
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:14 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:46 am
Posts: 2029
Location: Seattle
It's interesting you say that about my tracks since I feel they have been getting simpler over the years

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/iiiii

Image


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: 344 POLL
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:57 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:00 am
Posts: 399
was between asha c and jaytreaze for me.
voted jaytreaze.

8)

_________________
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: 344 POLL
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:24 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:00 am
Posts: 1170
IIIII wrote:
It's interesting you say that about my tracks since I feel they have been getting simpler over the years

Well there you go, that's prolly why I voted for you that time, it was probably less eclectic :mrgreen:


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: 344 POLL
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:42 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:38 pm
Posts: 342
Location: Germany
Asha c - chilled, moody beat with cool krusty drums, and overall mystical, like most stuff if heard from you - seems being significant :) . And you brought a nice energetic, wild feeling into the 2nd part of the track by overdriving parts of the melody/bass - i like that, you did that similar on another battle track months ago - all in all all great track


Run of the Hind -
Cool belly sound design, nice, dark melody, Athmospheric as fuck! I love the idea of the slow evolving track and the drums incoming late... it could be more dramatically for my taste, with a harder drop and drums punching in as fuck, but i like it this way too, smooth and more subtile not overdun , got definetly its charme!!!

Lentilsoup - great sound design, too, this delayed melody got positive vibes, could be my waking up sound, every morning :) But i miss a little drums and a little bass...

JayTreaze - wow, clear drum workout here! Nice one! Especially for cooking together in half an hour!

KEL - Great vibe! Great sound! love your variety in the arrangement, so fluid, no, Airy!!! Cool drum groove, maybe i miss a bit a punchier kick but in the end my n#1 this round! :D


SP-USER, thanks for pointing out your listening experience and assessment method according to the music made by members of this forum. Knowing that sb. really listen to your music and can give a deep analyse in terms of style, strength ect., is a great feeling! (BtW: now i am curious, which track you meant when you wrote, "[...] TGN [...] once managed to upload a track that I thought sounded bloody aweful, lol, in fact I thought his track was the worst of the bunch on that particualr occassion which is the polar opposite to what I usually feel about his tracks.")

Great round again, guys! :) Looking forward to the next battle!

_________________
SP-808 x SP-404 x SP-404mk2 x W30
http://www.thegreatnoire.bandcamp.com


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: categorisation
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:44 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:00 am
Posts: 1170
TGN wrote:
BtW: now i am curious, which track you meant when you wrote, "[...] TGN [...] once managed to upload a track that I thought sounded bloody aweful, lol, in fact I thought his track was the worst of the bunch on that particualr occassion which is the polar opposite to what I usually feel about his tracks.")

Funny enough it was from the same SPBB where IIIII had a run-away victory :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was your track "Tziah"; I thought it was so fucking bad that I felt like kicking your ass into orbit for assulting my ears for three and a half minutes! I just tortured myself again with it, although to be fair, now that I'm back on my usual headphones the production wasn't exactly as aweful as I remember it, but it was notably your least impressive, and the song itself, man, there was just something really annoying about it and the repetitiveness just made it worse, you drove me absolutely mad with that one bro, lol!

In contrast, IIIII crept out of her "Eclectic" categorisation for that one and for the first time ever, I voted for her. Now here's the thing, notice how IIIII had a run-away victory with that one? She got seven votes with the next best being only two. Notice also that the only other person to vote before me was lentilsoup, so this proves that my unusual move of suddenly voting for someone who usually posts what I consider "eclectic" was no coincidence and I was not following popular opinion as I never do. There must be something in it because not only did I do that, pretty much the entire voting members here voted for it too.

And why did I vote for her that time?

Well it's simple: It's because it was not eclectic and therefore was easy to listen to. And that's the thing, if a track is not easy to listen to then it probably means it's the opposite, and I'm not interested in the opposite. Music is meant to be listened to, and in order to enjoy a track, it stands to reason it needs to be "easy to listen to" otherwise a person simply will not listen to it.

No one listens to music they do not like, everone only ever listens to music that they personally find "easy to listen to", and it is very rare that music that is purely eclectic is easy to listen to (because music that is purely eclectic has no real flow of musicality).

Your own music is also quite eclectic, but you escape that category because you work it into a chord progression or a rhythm thereby giving it musicality, so it stops being purely eclectic and becomes intricate.

Music, by it's very nature, should be musical, or at the very least have some form of musicality to it. I posted a track by Tori Amos in Jaytreaze' thread the other day, it's a lesser known one but I chose that one because of its musicality, it's musically stunning because it's musical, sweeping, flowing and melodious, sweetness and anger all rolled into one, it's a mass of carefully and beutifully performed dynamics using just her voice and a piano.

There are plenty of beat makers on here that are perfectly capable of weaving musicality into their tracks, it's awesome when that happens and those who do will get my vote every time they do it unless someone else in the same battle did it better than them. Hip-Hop after all is just a genre, and there's nothing that says beat-centric music should not be musical.

Anyway, here's that SPBB thread to save you searching for it:
https://sp-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27295


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: 344 POLL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:54 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:46 am
Posts: 2029
Location: Seattle
Hm, I made the bass for that track by putting a mic to my throat

Voted for kel!

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/iiiii

Image


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: 344 POLL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:15 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:00 am
Posts: 1170
IIIII wrote:
Hm, I made the bass for that track by putting a mic to my throat

Ah ok, well it could be some mysterious throat vibe wot dunnit then! I might try that some time although I'd be much better off sticking a contact mic to my chest cause I have quite a deep voice (inherited from my dad).


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: 344 POLL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:58 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:08 am
Posts: 222
Pipped at the post! That'll teach me for jumping the gun by sorting out samples for the next one two days before this one had ended, won't it? LOLOLOLOLOLZ. There's a saying for that, isn't there? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done, Kel! Look forward to the next one!

_________________
"A mute group, a mute group! My kingdom for a mute group!"


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: 344 POLL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:06 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:00 am
Posts: 1170
Bad luck bruh, always another time to use those samples but who were the two who voted just before the voting ended?

Due to the way it was done and the timing I suppose it could be trolls with multiple accounts. I know for a fact that I am going to face that every single time when I finally join in.

BTW, just in case you wanted to get yourself drawn, just send me your pic using the messaging on here and I'll give it a go. In fact, I'm currently working on a drawing of IIIII and will post it after tea tonight, so prolly best to wait until you see that masterpeice before you decide!

:lol:


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: 344 POLL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:09 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:19 pm
Posts: 1514
Location: Lawrence, KS
Was not going to vote because of the prize aspect but my favorite was Kel's so when I saw there was a tie I decided to break it. Apologies to Run of the hind.
Cheers Kel! Send a pic to draw to [email protected] please!


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: 344 POLL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:51 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:19 pm
Posts: 1514
Location: Lawrence, KS
SP-USER wrote:
Bad luck bruh, always another time to use those samples but who were the two who voted just before the voting ended?

Due to the way it was done and the timing I suppose it could be trolls with multiple accounts.


The votes for Kel were from l i f, TGN, IIIII and me. Coincidentally 'I, I, I, I, I and me' is my mantra


Last edited by Chopperman on Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: 344 POLL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:00 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:00 am
Posts: 1170
Attachment:
IIIII.jpg
IIIII.jpg [ 84.26 KiB | Viewed 719 times ]

Looks like you genuinely lost this battle then bruh, so anyway, what I was saying about being drawn. As you can see, I'm very highly skilled in GIMP.

Look closely at how well I handled the sheen on the hair over the forehead, and also how well I handled the shading around the cleveage. I was also careful to accent the curvature of the breasts through skillful use of the smudging brush.

If these skills appeal to you at all, just drop me a photo bruh!

PS: Just saw Chopperman's other post. I somehow missed the post by l i f and wasn't aware of your own so I suspected it might be trolls. Unfortunately it happens a lot on here cause there's so many multiple accounts, I mean crazy amounts of 'em!

PPS: Congrat's to kel on the win!


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: 344 POLL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:45 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:08 am
Posts: 222
SP-USER wrote:
Bad luck bruh, always another time to use those samples but who were the two who voted just before the voting ended?

Due to the way it was done and the timing I suppose it could be trolls with multiple accounts. I know for a fact that I am going to face that every single time when I finally join in.

BTW, just in case you wanted to get yourself drawn, just send me your pic using the messaging on here and I'll give it a go.


Ha ha, no bov. Ain't that serious. I'd started to lose faith in what I'd put together anyway coz I don't know what sort of thing best suits SP production really.

First a conspiracy to get you in the compos and now fake accounts for voting? Your pills?

Very kind but nae bov. If I'd won, I was gonna pass the prize onto second place anyway. I was only gonna get Chopperman to draw a potato smoking a j with an SP303 other than that, lolz, which would've been a waste of his maaaaaaaad skillz.

_________________
"A mute group, a mute group! My kingdom for a mute group!"


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: 344 POLL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:40 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:00 am
Posts: 1170
Attachment:
Run Of The Hind.jpg
Run Of The Hind.jpg [ 49.6 KiB | Viewed 687 times ]

For you, homie, looks like you're wondering what gear to buy next :mrgreen:


Last edited by SP-USER on Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: 344 POLL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:51 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:08 am
Posts: 222
Perfect! Altho the 303 looks very 404ish!

_________________
"A mute group, a mute group! My kingdom for a mute group!"


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron