It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

Post subject: Re: SPBB 344! Winner gets drawn!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:52 pm 

lol, i made it just in time for deadline

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:27 am 

SP-USER wrote:

Hello forum, just thought I'd attach a copy of myself to show you all how handsome I am!
Sure I'm in bat form here but I did explain a while back that I was a vampire.

It's not like I was after a free portrait or anything, no, not like you lot suddenly crawling out of the woodwork with your beats and all!

Are you still not posting any music

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:34 am 

Jaytreaze, he extended the deadline to Wednesday!

IIIII, sorry dear, gotta get reasonably used to the MKII first, and anyway I'm not sure what you lot are expecting from me when I do finally submit something, but it will be nothing special I can assure you, I'm a complete amateur and in it just for the fun of it!

You on the other hand, you have real reason to join in and submit a beat cause it means Chopper gets to draw your beautiful long hair if you win, and I bet I'm not the only one on here who thinks that maybe it's Maybelline!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:43 am 

Yeah, come on SP-User! Stop being such a fanny and lay down some funky tunes! Mine sounds like shit and was done after probs only about 3 hours previous experience on 303s but I posted it anyway, so come on, it ain't that serious! Get freq-y!

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:19 pm 

I can't, I haven't even tried stringing patterns together yet, I'm not familiar enough with it to produce a completed beat yet!

I'm far too pre-occupied with trying to get these (for the most part quite limited) effects to effect sound in the way that I want. Once I've done that I'll look into stringing patterns together and stuff, and then sure, I'll join in!

I must admit I'm really curious as to what's going on, cause I suspect that there might be some sort of game being played behind my back. I cannot imagine why the homies here keep wanting me to post stuff otherwise.

I mean Danswift, Zindan, TGN, IIIII, now you and a whole bunch of others I cannot even remember the names of right now makes me wonder what the fascination is with wanting me to post something. So believe me I want to post something and will do cause if nothing else, I'm curious what's going on, and if there is something going on, I'll not find out what it is until I actually post something.

I've said time and time again I'm just an amateur, I'm not even a Hip-Hop guy, I'm totally new to Hip-Hop, but it's as if you're all wanting me to post something either expecting it to be something amazing or something to laugh at and I'm not sure which it is.

I'll post something, honest, and when I do it will be no better than the amateur fuck-ups everyone else posts when they first start out with this stuff. It's just that I'm not in a position to throw a beat together until I know my way around the machine properly.

Plus, I often do it all upside-down when I'm in bat form :lol:

Oh and by the way, Girru's new name "Run Of The Hind" now means that his certificate is invalid, so you should all be more concerned about that little move because it is likely a move he made to try to shake-off his notorious gear adulterer status!

Anyway, y'all got three days left cause Chopper extended the battle to Wednesday, so start posting beats and get yourself drawn if you win!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:28 pm 

I change my, ahem, "artist" name all the time, as I fancy. I don't even bother putting one at all on the tapes I put out. I *was* Girru (babylonian god of FIRE - my little hip hop bravado thing, he he) but I've been Run Of The Hind for several months (it's a little-known saxon-era legend involving my town, and my ex's favourite animal is dear, and most of my stuff is "about" her, so it fits conceptually). It'll probs change again before long. Wotevz, init? I make music mostly just for myself, like pretty much everyone else does these days (whether they mean to or not, ha ha), so it don't matter what one calls oneself.

"Move" - lolz. I didn't change the pic!

I think you're likely the most active poster on here, and your name is SP-User, and yet you post zero SP action. No one's getting at you and it's not like we're all gagging to see what you can do or owt and I'm sure most people are glad to have you here. 'Sjust, taking those first two things into account, one would normally expect to see *something*, so it's more perplexment than anything.

Doesn't have to be hip hop beatz. I don't consider the stuff I do to be hip hop, particularly. Do some soundscape stuff or summat, whatever.

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:51 pm 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

Can we get 24 more hours pleeeeeez?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:04 pm 

kel wrote:
Can we get 24 more hours pleeeeeez?

You've got 'til Weds, chap.

I withdraw my previous comments - everyone's jumped on!

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:32 pm 

Run Of The Hind wrote:
I make music mostly just for myself ...

Well that's probably a good thing, I know it's something ABBA have always insisted when asked about their secrets; they say the music they make is what they want to hear.

So, not as weird as it might sound.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:30 pm 

I'm not taking part, but I will listen :P
And maybe take a look at some art work, later on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:02 pm 

Hey Gis, even if it’s a late entry or something rough let’s get something in! Would be great to see more heads get involved

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:41 am 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

https://m.soundcloud.com/k-e-l/particles1

Wizdumb from Seattle gave me an acapella