It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: SPBB 331
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:03 pm 

TGN wrote:
Of course you can use the sequencer. But yes, drums have to be taken from the samples, too. Be creative! :)

...the problem is that you said only one SP so what would you like me to bounce the patterns to? DAW?

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:10 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
zindan wrote:
how do you think you make a pattern in the sequencer? do you think you hook up a desktop keyboard and mouse to the sp303? you play it live, then it plays it back for you, dipshit :lol:

Well I thought my suggestion was perfectly civil, but since you've taken-on that attitude, no "Dipshit", I think you make a pattern in the sequencer using multiple overdubs to make it easier, and just in case you've got the finger-drumming skills of a lemming with a hangover, you even have the option to quantize it.

Perhaps that's why you need the sequencer so much and no one else here's crabbing about it? :roll:

1 - Sample TGN's provided samples into your SP
2 - Use often touted skills to create a beat using real finger drumming and resampling
3 - Upload beat and provide link

Of course, if doing it the hard way is a bit too much for you, that's ok.

Yours Truly,
SP-USER (Helping to cure the incurable)

lol a lot of people don't use SP pattern sequencer nowadays (hardly anyone even uses samplers nowadays at all besides as FX boxes/for clout posing with them) because they're too lazy and accustomed to things like DAW workflow that eliminate any time consuming extra steps that come with things like SP pattern sequencing, not just time consuming but also incredibly frustrating to operate according to 99% of people

i've heard that MPC sequencing is on another level, smoother, more versatile, more ergonomic, compared to SP sequencing, supposedly making SP sequencers look like useless garbage
sadly, i've yet to have the chance to try it out for myself

i don't even know why i entertain this troll lmao bruh what does it feel like to spend all your free time on this site when you don't even own an SP bc you're too inept to operate one? at least my bum ass is here for a reason, bc i'm obsessed with working with my SPs, what are you doing bruh?

and nope obviously never finger drummed in my life, i'm obviously lacking the skills, can you teach me how to operate my SP, SP-USER? please? :oops:

p.s. making beats on the SP-202 alone, which obviously does not have onboard resampling nor a sequencer, requires you to play everything live while recording to an external device and resampling in the traditional sense of the word, bouncing it back into the machine. i have many SP-202 beats you can find on my soundcloud and youtube <3

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:58 pm 

ZINDAN Wrote:
"i don't even know why i entertain this troll"

I'm not a troll, my post concerning you was perfectly civilised, whereas you chose to call me a "Dipshit" for posting a perfectly valid observation.

ZINDAN Wrote:
"lmao bruh what does it feel like to spend all your free time on this site ..."

I honestly don't think my life could become dull enough to spend all my free time on this site. I usually have a browser tab ready with this forum on it, and to catch up on the entire forum takes a single click when you realise you only have to click that "View Active Topics" link near the top of the forum and it will give all the latest posts on one page regardless of what forum it is in. Opening the tab and clicking that button to check all of the latest posts in one go must take all of two seconds of my life, and I'm perectly ok with that, and that's the best way to use this forum - try it!

ZINDAN Wrote:
"... when you don't even own an SP bc you're too inept to operate one?"

I don't own an SP because the plan-demic has so far impeded my progress in getting my hands on a sexy new MKII.

ZINDAN Wrote:
"... at least my bum ass is here for a reason, bc i'm obsessed with working with my SPs, what are you doing bruh?"

Yeah, you're so obsessed that you're whining about the 202 not having resampling or a sequencer even though you own a 404SX and could do it on that instead. As for me, well at the moment I'm laughing at your lame and totally unfounded ramblings at me!

ZINDAN Wrote:
"... and nope obviously never finger drummed in my life, i'm obviously lacking the skills ..."

I never said you lack the skills, I have always praised your work and not once (except in obvious jest) have you seen me do otherwise. The hatred you think I have for you and you thinking I'm LoopmantrA is all in your head. You are clearly a friend in need, I am your friend and I'm trying to cure you of this (frankly hilarious) paranoia!

ZINDAN Wrote:
"... can you teach me how to operate my SP, SP-USER? please?"

No can do bro, I don't have an SP yet and even when I do it will take me some time to reach your level. Again, stop jumping to conclusions, try to keep the paranoia under control, go back and read my post and you will see that I personally would have allowed you to bounce to tape - LMFAO!

Your response to that was to get all defensive because you are (A) completely fucking paranoid and (B) are not getting enough distilled water and kale in your diet!

And not to point out the obvious here, but as far as I'm aware there is nothing stopping you from bouncing from another SP if for some reason you absolutely must continue with this strange, sudden urge you have developed only for this battle, where you feel you absolutely must not use the 404SX and it's resampling ability!

I mean what the actual fuck bro, what the actual fuck :shock:

Sincerely Your Friend,
SP-USER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:29 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
I don't own an SP because the plan-demic has so far impeded my progress in getting my hands on a sexy new MKII.

nah, you don't own an SP because you were too incompetent to operate your SP-404SX so you sold it

SP-USER wrote:
Yeah, you're so obsessed that you're whining about the 202 not having resampling or a sequencer even though you own a 404SX and could do it on that instead. As for me, well at the moment I'm laughing at your lame and totally unfounded ramblings at me!

bruh i still don't know if you're just the most dedicated troll on the face of this earth or if you are just legitimately THAT fucking braindead. when the fuck have i ever complained about the 202 not having onboard resample or a sequencer? why the fuck would i ever use it to make beats if i was complaining about that? that's exactly what i love about it; it challenges me and forces me to get creative in different ways when sampling and sequencing. if i just wanted 202 sound, i'd just make the beat on the 404SX or in DAW then run it through the 202. i wonder if this will all go straight over your head yet again lmfao wouldn't be surprising

SP-USER wrote:
No can do bro, I don't have an SP yet and even when I do it will take me some time to reach your level. Again, stop jumping to conclusions, try to keep the paranoia under control, go back and read my post and you will see that I personally would have allowed you to bounce to tape - LMFAO!

it'll take you some time to reach my level? don't kid yourself. you will never even be within the same realm of ability, and that's saying a lot considering i don't believe myself to be significantly exceptional on an SP or anything. and for the third fucking time, i'm not asking to bounce to tape, you illiterate, incompetent imbecile (that alliteration tho) :lol:

SP-USER wrote:
are not getting enough distilled water and kale in your diet!

are you ever going to get tired of this dumb ass troll act? i couldn't imagine putting so much meticulous effort towards a completely inconsequential endeavor

SP-USER wrote:
And not to point out the obvious here, but as far as I'm aware there is nothing stopping you from bouncing from another SP if for some reason you absolutely must continue with this strange, sudden urge you have developed only for this battle, where you feel you absolutely must not use the 404SX and it's resampling ability!

go ahead and reread the host's rules and reread what i've already said, dipshit

anyways, regardless of whether you're legitimately braindead or just a disturbingly obsessed troll, i appreciate the entertainment nevertheless. humoring you always helps me procrastinate :)

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:36 pm 

TGN wrote:
Rules:
Use one SP of your choice and sample what you like. Beat has to be made on that SP only

anyways, if you want to allow me to use pattern sequencer, can you please tell me what you will allow me to bounce to so i can get started on my submission already? i always just bounce to another SP for SPBB, but this is the first one i've wanted to participate in where the rules say one SP only. if you didn't catch what i've already said several times, onboard resampling does not work for pattern sequencer...

:|

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:20 pm 

Ok zindan, when you really use a sp-202 you are allowed to record to another sp or somewhere else, because of its lack of resampling and sequencing capabilities. If you use any other sp for beat building you have to go by the strict rules of this spbb.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:40 am 

TGN wrote:
Ok zindan, when you really use a sp-202 you are allowed to record to another sp or somewhere else, because of its lack of resampling and sequencing capabilities. If you use any other sp for beat building you have to go by the strict rules of this spbb.

okay, this means that use of pattern sequencer is impossible. thanks for letting me know!

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:04 am 

Zindan, i do not understand. According the rules of this spbb you can use every sp you like, but you are limited to this chosen sp for beat building. You can use resampling, the pattern sequencer, or bang your beat live into a daw.
So you have a lot of possibilities. But once your sound has left your chosen sp you are done. Now bouncing back. Throw a limiter on top and upload it.

Like SP-USER said, bang yor beat direct into a daw with a 202 is possible, so to be honest the strict rules are not that unfair.

Because of your unflexibility and yeah i see the limited capabilities of the 202 i made an exception for you. You are allowed to resample/rerecord using a tape/another sp/daw/whatever when using the 202.

When you miss a pattern sequencer on the 202, why don't you choose another sp for this spbb?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:34 am 

TGN wrote:
Zindan, i do not understand. According the rules of this spbb you can use every sp you like, but you are limited to this chosen sp for beat building. You can use resampling, the pattern sequencer, or bang your beat live into a daw.
So you have a lot of possibilities. But once your sound has left your chosen sp you are done. Now bouncing back. Throw a limiter on top and upload it.

Like SP-USER said, bang yor beat direct into a daw with a 202 is possible, so to be honest the strict rules are not that unfair.

Because of your unflexibility and yeah i see the limited capabilities of the 202 i made an exception for you. You are allowed to resample/rerecord using a tape/another sp/daw/whatever when using the 202.

When you miss a pattern sequencer on the 202, why don't you choose another sp for this spbb?

bro are you trolling or is english not your first language or something

i never said anything about wanting to use a 202, sp-user did for no reason

why don't you experiment for yourself with your own SP and see if you're capable of resampling a pattern?? how else am i supposed to master and add FX to anything in pattern sequencer without first recording it on something else then bouncing it back in? jesus fucking christ, you and sp-user make it seem like this simple ass fucking fact is rocket science

have you ever even used an SP before? do you not know what pattern sequencer is?

look man, if you just don't want to read what i'm saying, that's fine. happy new year bruh

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:40 pm 

I'm being perfectly honest here when I say that out of every person I have ever had online discussions with, Zindan is without a doubt the strangest of them all. If I recall correctly, he openly admitted to using drugs, and he's a perfect example that begs the question, is it worth the consequences?

In response to me suggesting I would have allowed him to bounce to a tape deck, he went on the attack, and after another suggestion he started rambling about using a 202 and is now pretty much acting as if I imagined it all (even though I can still bloody see it in one of his posts above).

And of course, this would not be up to the usual Zindan standards of self-recognition without being told that I'll never be up to Zindan's standards. My response to that one is yes, Zindan, you could be right, but then again, you could be wrong. Only time will tell and I'm perfecly happy with either outcome.

So anyway, now that you have all this attention again, trying to make yourself look like a purist but in the process making yourself look like an attention seeker again, you now have confirmation from TGN that you can do what you wish. Personally, I think there is no excuse for needing a DAW, you have a 404SX with resampling so I'd have restricted you to that, or allowed you to bounce to a tape deck only if you wanted to use your 202.

Fact is, since you have both a 202 and a 404SX, you do NOT need a cassette deck, nor do you need a DAW. You need neither of those things even if you owned only a 404SX and nothing else, so you need to stop this attention-seeking and over-complicated nonsense!

Diagnosis: A radiated brain but could also be drug related
Treatment: A regular intake of distilled water and kale

Your Friend,
SP-USER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:32 pm 

https://sp-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21648#:~:text=No%20afraid%20not%2C%20you%20can,it%20back%20into%20the%20sp.

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:12 pm 

How many more times?

You have an 404SX and a 202 so there is absolutely no need or reason for you to be complaining about what you're complaining about!

Just use the the bloody sequencer on the SX and resample it to the 202, or just play the bloody thing live on either unit and resample it to either the SX or the 202, you even have a choice and you would still have had that same choice even if TGN had not made things easier for you - and you have the nerve to make out like we're the idiots here?

You're either trolling or completely fucking retarded :shock:

ZINDAN Previously Wrote:
"it'll take you some time to reach my level? don't kid yourself. you will never even be within the same realm of ability ..."

Ah, I think you might have been referring to your level of retardation here, in which case you are absolutely spot-on bro, I could never even aspire to reach such levels of retardation as you have demonstrated with such adeptness on so many occassions now!

Peace!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:42 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
How many more times?

You have an 404SX and a 202 so there is absolutely no need or reason for you to be complaining about what you're complaining about!

Just use the the bloody sequencer on the SX and resample it to the 202, or just play the bloody thing live on either unit and resample it to either the SX or the 202, you even have a choice and you would still have had that same choice even if TGN had not made things easier for you - and you have the nerve to make out like we're the idiots here?

You're either trolling or completely fucking retarded :shock:

ZINDAN Previously Wrote:
"it'll take you some time to reach my level? don't kid yourself. you will never even be within the same realm of ability ..."

Ah, I think you might have been referring to your level of retardation here, in which case you are absolutely spot-on bro, I could never even aspire to reach such levels of retardation as you have demonstrated with such adeptness on so many occassions now!

Peace!

tl;dr lol i know you've read the rules of this SPBB but hey it's funny when you talk shit keep going

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:36 pm 

Yeah, I've noticed on numerous occasions now that whenever you cannot formulate a satisfactory reply, you pull the "TLDR" thing.

But nevermind, Zindan, at least now you have what you wanted from TGN even though there was nothing stopping you prior to him easing-up on the rules for you, so here's hoping your submission was worth all the effort!

Man, I'm glad that one's finally sorted out :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:47 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
at least now you have what you wanted from TGN even though there was nothing stopping you prior to him easing-up on the rules for you, so here's hoping your submission was worth all the effort!

lmao this fool's supposed incompetence is beyond interminable
the character you're playing has pretty much lost all credibility at this point b

it's honestly sad that TGN's incompetence is comparable to that of the character you're playing

IIIII wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next