It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:23 pm

Post subject: Re: Resample Challenge 4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:55 pm 
Winner of Silver Medal
Winner of Silver Medal

Om_Audio wrote:
the 404 sequencer blows- this time it seems I learned it will not record your hits accurately if polyphony is maxing (I think anyway)- and no pattern bpm memory.

The sequencer should be left alone, imo. You get better results with resample....

Also, max resample polyphony is 4 mono voices/2 stereo voices/1 stereo voice + 2 monovoices (all combinations you can use).

Pretty much unanimously everyone agrees the 404 sequencer is shit. I've never used it because I found it to be quite unintuitive (but then again, my first hardware sequencer was Ensoniq TS-12 which still holds the distinction of being one of the best ever made and my next sequencer was the ESX...sooo...I'm a tad spoiled!). There's a couple of dudes that use it, but I think they use it in conjunction with other stuff rather than on it's own.

Personally, I like the PC MIDI 404 sequencer. I think it's windows only, though...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:59 pm 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

alright.... unless anybody needs more time I'll have a poll up later on tonight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:44 am 

Here is a suggestion- that the polls for challenges and battles be added to the original thread. At the very least post a link to the poll on the original thread. I am going back looking for previous challenges and polls and it is kind of tricky!
C

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:31 pm 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

Om_Audio wrote:
Here is a suggestion- that the polls for challenges and battles be added to the original thread. At the very least post a link to the poll on the original thread. I am going back looking for previous challenges and polls and it is kind of tricky!
C

I think the best solution is to start a new thread but keep the title the same except for the word 'poll' at the end. At least I think it will be better reminder for peeps to vote... getting started with this finally...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:44 pm 

I never see the polls myself- I subscribe to the original thread so for me it makes sense to have it connected or contained in the orig thread. No biggie-
C