It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:01 pm

who's ganna give who a headlock? :p
Poll ended at Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:05 am
gis_sweden - http://soundcloud.com/gis_sweden/on-the ... the-temple  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
stupidgurner - http://soundcloud.com/skinny-b-1/sp-beat-battle-128  13%  13%  [ 3 ]
James Frank. - http://soundcloud.com/jamesfrankenstein ... flute-beat  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
TepaphoneSP - http://soundcloud.com/tepaphone/spbb128  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
asha c - http://soundcloud.com/ashaxx4/gods-mira ... battle-128  17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Caio_low - http://soundcloud.com/caiolow/spbb-128-good-trip  8%  8%  [ 2 ]
RunRun_Raw - http://soundcloud.com/run_run_raw/runru ... ies-of-the  8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Teewok - https://www.box.com/s/u8udj2pkof95ygx0treb  17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Chopperman - http://soundcloud.com/collins-spaedy/ac ... -sp-forums  17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Unfolding - http://soundcloud.com/unfolding-machine ... h-your-vcr  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
dimXL - http://soundcloud.com/dimxl/land-of-forgotten-gods  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
selftaught astronaut - https://www.box.com/s/7akj15ehcz92smjwtetd  13%  13%  [ 3 ]
grandpakyre - https://www.box.com/s/xpeeeh5c4q9j148ck2y4  4%  4%  [ 1 ]
spacetrip - http://soundcloud.com/earwaxmelter/stranded-as-we-are  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
s e r d - http://soundcloud.com/serdtdk/spb128  4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject: Re: Poll Battle 128 Absolute Elsewhere
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:54 pm 

my vote was for teewok i liked his beat , i dropped the ball on my beat with the "miracle of gods sample" as far as eq'n or wutnot but it was still fun i also liked choppermans beat and rhymes they were ill.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:19 pm 

1) asha c -simple, effective, moody/spooky. Like it. Voted for it!
2) stupidgurner - great beat building
3) runrunraw - lo-fi funkiness

Niiiice battle :shock:
YOU are great!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:55 pm 

RunRun for the nasty synths!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:59 pm 

gis_sweden Nice Ambience, really like your trippy vibes that makes the beat fly.

stupidgurner Nice Entrance - Enjoyed the way you flipped it, Excited to hear more!

JamesFrank Chill Nice Flip, you made the sample i whole different song, really enjoyed that!

Tepaphone Beat sounds like that moment you say goodbye to the Godz and thank them in the back of your mind for sharing the Miracles and then they fly away in that UFO on the picture.....Thnx for sharing that piece of art!

ashaCVery Mysterious Dark Vibe - i like that - Cool Flip!

Caio_low Nice experimental flow, really like those ruffle drums and ''Feel Good'' vibe.

Runrun RawBro you really suprised me(i-already-told-u-u-know-that) , really like what you did there!The beat/Samples/vocal/instrument play/GoodVibe....and the picture is the finishing touch yo!

TeewokKiller Intro +Phat Beat +Nice little switches+Nice Outro= A VERY DOPE FLIP!Really enjoyed your art!

Chopperman.......you really made me speechless, you know that dont yah? heheLolzBro. It included everything i suspected!
thats why you got my vote! Sum real body and soul in harmony expressing the Miracles in Music my man! People go listen again...

Unfolding 2 Dope beats yo! i know you weren't satisfied about the first one , but i didn't feel that way when i heared it.Always a different style , always nice.Those Patton lyrics finished the beat, the vibe sounds like Patton enjoying the idea of having a date with someones VCR...Dope Flip bro!

DimXL Raw BEAT!!! , like those switching drum parts, creative way of flipping the SP-effects with the sample, Very hard Piece of art!

selftaught astronaut You made sum JDilla/Detroit Beat Man!Really love the ''HIPHOPSOUL'' and the parts of the sample you have chosen to create this super ill beat!

Grandpakyre You really made me break my neck - That clap/space flow/trippy vibe. A real SP STYLE BEAT!!!......Super!

earwaxMELTER This one really stands out of the crowd too!
The vocal-sample is a killer! Really like this piece of art and you finished it with the picture!

SERD I wish the beat was a little bit longer, But i enjoyed it and really love the picture, If Osama made beats on the SP , he probably made them in a cave far away with some bad-ass-taliban-bitches shaking their cocacolabottleshaped bodies and he would have a soundcloud and a profile on SP-Forums and spending his money on gear and not on an unnecessary WAR about lies and human mind control - for a better place.
I still dont believe he did it!!!!!!!!!!!He was just a Illuminatipuppet.(WAKEUP).Nevermind....Good BEat!

1Chopperman
2Runrun Raw (fnuck the POLL , you still my BRO.)
3Grandpakyre

I really enjoyed what all you people did with the sample i've chosen.
Its always nice to hear the different styles and caracters in the Arena.
I'm Glad people still can share the love for music and universal SP-wisdom.
Thnx Guys-Love this forum!Image
Lets see who's ganna give who a headlock? and do a new battle
World Peace....one

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:55 pm 

I know this is gonna be a toughy from what I have had the chance to hear so far. Anyway I'll write as I listen to make it easier.

GIS:Loved the ambience. As always, never afraid to try something out of the ordinary, even in battles. The piano sounds were really gorgeous. The footsteps were a really cool touch to it, adding a rhythmic pulse. Lots of subtlety with the backwards sounds and it worked really well. Unfolding is right though, felt like it was waiting to turn into something bigger.

STUPID GURNER: SWEEET intro, loved the kicks and swells at the start. The rhythmic synthy twinkles were really spacey. Sweeeet drums all round, the rolls were friggin awesome and then I was like WOOOOAH with that dubby bassline, that was really excellent. AMAZING first entry.

JAMES FRANK: SWEEEET intro, loved the beat boxing, brave move but sounded excellent. The melody at the start was really nice. Really reminded me of something but I cant remember what. The subby bass kick was sweet too.

TEPAHONE: Sweet Lofi sound from the start, kicked in perfect. Nice subtle use of the flanger? and BPM looper, really enjoying it, the main chords sounded really western movie esque, always a good thing. Ended abruptly, maybe an outro or fade wouldve sorted it.

CAIO-LOW: Great use of the samples for the intro. Loooooooved that Kick sound. The rolls were awesome too, as were the shakers. When that reggae vibe came that was a shock. Really feel good vibe and lovely chord changes. Good work

RUNRUN RAW-Loved the intro, the vocal sample was cool,big fan of talking samples, anywhere. Nice Lofi sound when it kicked in. Liked the drums were they pitched down?That synth came in funky as a mofo. Whole thing was funky. Was the synth played or a sample too? This had real 80s b movie soundtrack potential.

TEEWOK: SWEEET Spacey intro, seems this part of the sample track was used for quite a few people. Kicked in really well. Loved how it was a proper, well defined intro. Real bouncey. The drums were really nice, loved the kick. The chord changes were really cool too. Had a real defined structure and 'parts' which I always find difficult making.

CHOPPERMAN: MAAAAAN not only making a beat, which is difficult enough, you added real poetic, meaningful lyrics. Man you really summed up how I also feel about religion. Good work man, really good lyrics.

UNFOLDING: As ever, Friggin sweet. Loved the intro buildup and the industrial, almost tribal pulsing rhythm. Another real movie soundtrack potential. The main melody was really creepy and could really be a great horror movie soundtrack, the vocal sample was really cool too. Another good 'not afraid to do something different' track.

DIM XL-Loved the lagging of the drums n front of the sample. The roll/buildup bit was cool. Personally i think it wouldve worked better just being played through once with a pause then kickin it in BOOOOOM like you did. I guess playing it through more created a bit more tension in the buildup.

SELF TAUGHT ASTRONAUGHT: SWEET intro, pitch drop was cool. WOO awesome scratching and the vocals worked really well. The little pauses about 2:15 was a good touch, the filter effect? was used well too. Maybe a little more variation would have worked well, even those little pauses earlier on in the track just to break it up.

GRANDPAKYRE: SWEEEET intro, loved the reversed stuff, always a sucker for it. The vocals and tweeting sounds were pretty trippy man, enjoyed those. Have to agree with Unfolding though, maybe a bit more variation in the middle wouldve been cool. Good work though, especially for a 2nd ever 404 beat.

SPACE TRIP: Another great use of reversal, always a fan. The talking worked well, mooooorgan, what an amazing voice. Also cool how it stuck to the god theme. I'm never really a fan of the echo snare hits but it worked well with the rhythm.

SERD: A more 'traditional' hip hop vibe than most the others. The vocal sample was cool. Kindve just ended though and was a little short, could have really made an awesome track. It was cool as it is but only really as like a 'verse'.

MAAAAN This is so tough, think the given sample spoilt everyone so awesome tracks all round. Running through again my faves are GIS, Stupid gurner, James frank, Teewok, Unfolding. Narrowed it to a top 3
JAMES FRANK
STUPID GURNER
UNFOLDING

Gonna go Stupid Gurner just because I loved the rolls and bassline, Unfolding nearly had it though as I'm sure there was some clipping on SG's track which I just couldn't shift out of my mind once I noticed it. Good tracks all round though

http://deathandco.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:03 pm 

@ runme raw
Runrun Raw is a brother that thinks i dont know him ?

so in other words u think i played a trick on you or like im some sneaky mf ????
fo real bro get youre mind straight do some meditation or something because youre in the wrong mindstate
youre my bro why do u think i wanne do u wrong or make a fool out of you?

i didn't call you because i thought it wasnt a big deal if i knew you gonna act like this and put a whole show up in here for al these
positive people i def wouldnt put up the poll

option B??? He just thought ''Fnuck my bro'' im gonna start this POLL because i want people to see my name at top of this topic
- i am a Raw bro too people ...(grumpy-inda-mornin)and i am important/dominant/controlfreak so i can do that

(Man fo real??????? is this really how you think youre own bro thinks of you?? lame....verry lame)

Shall i make a poll? you choose A or B :lol:

Yah see...i dont give a ''F'' about the poll - i'm here for the Unity and the Musical Quest.
And i really dont like to discus such private things at a website

hypocrit so you u dont wanna discus such thing on the website then why didnt u give me a private message
u wanna make a point and u want the people here to hear it..!! beacause u felt i embarrasst you ?? with what?

but wen people go like :
Quote:
RUNRUNRAW:hahah next time ill leave you 2 it bro.. i started the poll but there's nothing 2 run its all automatic hehe peace.!

this wasnt ment to diss you or something.. youre interpretation is wrong bro..!!

Thats why i ask you as my brother to help me start the poll - but you just laugh at me .
So you are enjoying the fact , that i am wrong..............(brother)

yess man youre wright im at home robbing my hands together like some evil cartoon character haha sheeeeittttt

I still can't trust my little brother..... We still learn something each day - Miracles of the Gods

no ure going to far man hahah serious dude

Thnx for that brother RUNRUN and thnx for makin us look like some SNAW BROTHERS

thats all on you baby all on you.!! nice 1 ouwe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:12 am 

RunRun_Raw wrote:
@ runme raw
Runrun Raw is a brother that thinks i dont know him ?

so in other words u think i played a trick on you or like im some sneaky mf ????
fo real bro get youre mind straight do some meditation or something because youre in the wrong mindstate
youre my bro why do u think i wanne do u wrong or make a fool out of you?

i didn't call you because i thought it wasnt a big deal if i knew you gonna act like this and put a whole show up in here for al these
positive people i def wouldnt put up the poll

option B??? He just thought ''Fnuck my bro'' im gonna start this POLL because i want people to see my name at top of this topic
- i am a Raw bro too people ...(grumpy-inda-mornin)and i am important/dominant/controlfreak so i can do that

(Man fo real??????? is this really how you think youre own bro thinks of you?? lame....verry lame)

Shall i make a poll? you choose A or B :lol:

Yah see...i dont give a ''F'' about the poll - i'm here for the Unity and the Musical Quest.
And i really dont like to discus such private things at a website

hypocrit so you u dont wanna discus such thing on the website then why didnt u give me a private message
u wanna make a point and u want the people here to hear it..!! beacause u felt i embarrasst you ?? with what?

but wen people go like :
Quote:
RUNRUNRAW:hahah next time ill leave you 2 it bro.. i started the poll but there's nothing 2 run its all automatic hehe peace.!

this wasnt ment to diss you or something.. youre interpretation is wrong bro..!!

Thats why i ask you as my brother to help me start the poll - but you just laugh at me .
So you are enjoying the fact , that i am wrong..............(brother)

yess man youre wright im at home robbing my hands together like some evil cartoon character haha sheeeeittttt

I still can't trust my little brother..... We still learn something each day - Miracles of the Gods

no ure going to far man hahah serious dude

Thnx for that brother RUNRUN and thnx for makin us look like some SNAW BROTHERS

thats all on you baby all on you.!! nice 1 ouwe

pfff you started it bro :?
again -dont try to set things straight over here now to come clean....
i told u 5.07 pm today that i will talk to you later :wink:

hope you smoke a joint and do the STBB306 Bro!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:31 am 

Quote:
pfff you started it bro :?
again -dont try to set things straight over here now to come clean....
i told u 5.07 pm today that i will talk to you later :wink:

hope you smoke a joint and do the STBB306 Bro!

aah so u cant speak up youre mind and ill have 2 shut up?
let the people decide for thereselfs who's whining here.
and i dont have to come clean because i dont give a shit what people think
about me.. tought u had the same mindstate in that.. but apperently
u wanne talk me down infront of all the people who you don't even know fo real..
u dont decide when u will talk 2 me .. thats a 2 way road..!!

u really made a fool out of yourself here man..!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:32 pm 

OK so Raw Bros it's probably time to take the beef off-line. The rest of us here don't seem to mind how the battle was handled, we got an awesome sample & a prompt vote. We can't really ask for more than that. There's always gonna be people who miss out on battles, I know I have a bunch of times.

Just a thought here, nothing serious:
Seeing there's a bit of a brotherly rivalry going on right now & you're both keen to vent online, how about we get a Raw-off? Raw vs Raw. Same samples. No vote. Just pure technique, battle style. Actions speak louder than words and music can be as loud as you want.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:18 pm 

Unfolding wrote:
OK so Raw Bros it's probably time to take the beef off-line. The rest of us here don't seem to mind how the battle was handled, we got an awesome sample & a prompt vote. We can't really ask for more than that. There's always gonna be people who miss out on battles, I know I have a bunch of times.

Seeing there's a bit of a brotherly rivalry going on right now & you're both keen to vent online, how about we get a Raw-off? Raw vs Raw. Same samples. No vote. Just pure technique, battle style. Actions speak louder than words and music can be as loud as you want.

+1 :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:25 pm 

Hey cheers so much for the votes/comments, means a lot getting props from a bunch of people so dedicated to music!

Unfolding, I did some music theory at college, that was like 10 years ago, I find that sort of info just falls out of my brain, like maths, just can't hold onto the knowledge! I've always just gone with what sounds nice in my ears.

Anyways, sweet battle, totally up for doing more of these! Another reason why this forum is such a positive and inspirational thing to be a part of.

Much love to all you SP addicts!

http://www.skinnyb.bandcamp.com

My podcast www.soundcloud.com/scratchthesurface-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:26 pm 

Unfolding wrote:

Yes, i'm down :D
No to win something that feeds the ego - just brothers in a battle! :wink:
Music please!!! :arrow: - maybe you can upload a ''Raw-off'' kinda sample , Unfolding?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:22 pm 

Unfolding wrote:

That'd be crazy! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:02 am 

Runme_Raw wrote:
Yes, i'm down :D
No to win something that feeds the ego - just brothers in a battle! :wink:
Music please!!! :arrow: - maybe you can upload a ''Raw-off'' kinda sample , Unfolding?

Cool, will do. Hope your bro's up for it too! Will PM you both the sample(s) so the beats are 100% fresh for the rest of us.

Once you get the samples I'll start a thread here. Or should it be in the "Your Music" section?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:57 pm 

when does voting end?
i'm trying to figure out all the schedules of the diff battles i'm on, lol...
& starting Tuesday i'm gonna also have schoolwork to deal with, so idk how much i'll be able to actively participate starting on the next one.