It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:08 pm

Post subject: Looking for these snares
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:54 am 

Does anyone have snares like these or know where I could find some ? I have gone through tons of libraries and have not found any yet. Thanks.

Attachments:
's Been Used.mp3 [454.91 KiB]
Downloaded 1074 times
NC 1.mp3 [354.44 KiB]
Downloaded 1044 times
jazzhands[1].mp3 [354.44 KiB]
Downloaded 912 times
 Post subject: Re: Looking for these snares
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:19 am 

These are no doubt some 9th wonder snares- whoevers beats these are I can pretty much guarantee you they sampled them straight from 9th produced joints (or possibly his old protege Khrysis) -though he very rarely leaves any of his kits open on his beats- I should know,lol-'cause when I first got back to making beats 5-6 years ago,at first I was using other producers drums and trying like crazy to get some 9th kits-came across a few at the time. They do have a "9th wonder drum sounds" download on crate kings for cheap,along with preem,hi tek,etc...but I have no idea how good/bad the drum sounds on those things are-or if they're a really close representation of all the producers drums at all. I don't think anyone has yet to figure out 9ths secret to his snare sounds,at least that I'm aware of,which is why I give him so much props for them-the most distinctive drum sound in hip hop history,possibly,besides Preem. Can't believe some cats have always dissed his drums,lol,crazy. But if you want that sound- there's really no shame (imo) in taking two of his empty snares-if you can find them-and layer them together to create "your own" snare with that sound. peace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:05 pm 
Funniest Member of the Year '09

sounds like an original sp1200 stock snare, the sp 404 stock snare kind of sounds like it , ive ran across a few, maybe they were 9th wonder snares ,
it also reminds me of mc 505 drums. ive attached a few similar ones not exact but maybe they will help. i could go all day but they all sound the same after a while , im pretty shure its just a vintage drum machine with mad compression ,

Attachments:
404 st0ck.wav [31.66 KiB]
Downloaded 625 times
sp12.wav [42.2 KiB]
Downloaded 594 times
voxdrumboxsd01.wav [31.98 KiB]
Downloaded 543 times
drumulator snare.wav [14.53 KiB]
Downloaded 555 times
tr505.wav [16.54 KiB]
Downloaded 556 times
A_06.wav [27.39 KiB]
Downloaded 561 times

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:56 pm 

Except for the second beat, which is somewhat on the fence- I can almost promise you those are 9th or Khrysis snares.Khrysis is the only other prominent dude in hiph hop w/ that sound-And also happens to be the only producer that learned all he knows by working directly with 9th.Literally no other at least semi-well known producers have this snare sound at all-the closest is pete rock on some joints-but he still doesn't have as distinctive of one. Maybe those types of sounds with some compression is part of how he developed his sound,I don't know (thanks 4 posting them btw)- but I can hear a 9th kit-espeacially the snares- from a mile away..: )

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:02 pm 

Actually it's the 3rd one that's more on the fence a little, my fault.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:31 pm 

Thought I'd post some examples just for the fun of it....took me back to when I was bumping "God's Stepson"-9ths nas remix album- constantly..shit's mad dope.As well as a lot of songs on the smif & wesson album I used to have that this Khrysis beat came from. Heres a 9th joint, and the Khrysis one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIxbgGpi ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OccrYsVRrCM