It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am

Post subject: SP1200 drum samples?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:30 pm 

Hi!
I'm a great fan of the E-mu SP-1200 sound, especially what it does to drum samples. From what I've heard, the grit and punch it can add to kicks and snares sounds very unique. Unfortunately I don't own one myself and I'm kinda broke, so buying one second hand is out of my reach for now. So I was wondering, since this is the SP-forums, is there anyone here who would like to share some SP-1200 drum samples? Whether it are drum breaks or one shot hits, I just like the character of the sampler, so anything is welcome :D

[Edit: I know this forum is mainly focussed around the Roland 'sp' series, but I bet there are some SP1200 users or sample owners among you as well ;) ]

Post subject: Re: SP1200 drum samples?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:13 pm 

Here you go, https://pixeldrain.com/u/dXD8ZbpW. Not by me, but I found this on the web.

Post subject: Re: SP1200 drum samples?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:16 pm 

https://www.producerfeed.com/2010/05/sp ... mples.html

Keep in mind the SP1200 had a primitive sample rate of 12 bit. You might find bit crushing guitar pedals to emulate that somewhat. But the way it’s workflow was literally created the boom bap era of hip hop. It was the limited memory which forces you to get creative. They made new ones, but I don’t have $2400 for one or $4k for the other.

But it’s easy enough to just downgrade your samples if you have a few old ones already. If not, I’d just invest in what you can get. (Older the better)