It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:58 am

Post subject: Can't this freekin loop capture UNDO a take?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:40 am 

Ya know... record a few layers on the fly.. so everything is MINT then.. wham! opps... i'm human.. i'm not perfect.. wow it cant be... OH GOSH! MY FIRST FREEKIN 5 TAKES BEFORE THAT WERE PERFECT... .... .... .... roland, seriously,.. please tell me you didn't forget to include some sort of 'undo' action into my SP-555. This has been standard on almost every application of it's kind for a long time now. But.. if you did forget.. please send out a Firmware update so that we can keep the faith.

Signed - word on the street.
-----------------------------------------------

p.s I am aware of resampling via saving to pads etc.. but one great thing about Ableton live that we can all agree on.. loops.. should in essence always be assumed to remain looping. Loop software should aim to do the same.

Post subject: Re: Can't this freekin loop capture UNDO a take?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:56 am 

nope, no undo, kinda sucks. id say save each layer as a different part. like do one loop capture, save to pad, then do something over that, save to pad, then again. so you have every take separate. then if you screw up you can use the pads to bring you back. and you'll have stuff to play with like layer 1, layer 1 and 2, layer 1,2,3 and so on....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:57 pm 
Most Creative Producer of the Year '09

i dont know any loop pedals with undo functions...

i dont know any samplers with built in loopers either 8)

dont get spoiled!

if you want to use the looper for performance have some basic stuff saved to work with then do the quick erase to start a new loop. if you do it right you can get coherent performances.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:47 am 

Yeah when I say application of it's kind.. im talkin most audio software, Iv'e never really considered this a simple pedal. But cmon.. this is 2009.. surely an 'undo' action/button is not a huge request considering how useful it would be and how much of a pain in the ass it is to work around.

Another thing that drives me mental is the loop capture actually turns off the looping mic once the loop is started.. why cant I just start overdubbing straight away?? That's pretty simple. Or the other really annoying thing.. the save to pad... it stops the loop playing.. whats up with that???

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:58 pm 

yes man, we get you, everythings gay. maybe grab a loop pedal and stream it to you5 555, i know boss has a really cool one. but complaining has no magical powers otherwise your words would pop a undo button onto your machine( no offense).
i feel your pain, i could name like 30 things id like to have on this machine. but think, if you worked at roland would you give all of your customers exactly what they wanted. if the world worked like that ps3 would have been out in the year 2000. technology advances so quickly that you have to believe that they are purposely keeping things from us for money making purposes. now wait till the sp 556 comes out with the undo button, i bet you'll be having a new addition to your studio.
its all about the butters!
so dont expect them to break bread.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:21 pm 
Most Creative Producer of the Year '09

it came out in 2007 btw and you really have to understand that its hardware not software

they didn't have to include the looper...they didn't have to add a roll mode...they didn't have to add a real filter etc etc

the point is: the 555 didn't exist before 2007, nothing like it did. so to complain that it doesn't have this or that like breaking up with a new girlfriend cause her tits weren't big enough...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:06 am 

c'mon man, sure it came out in 2007.. but that doesn't necessarily mean something like this cant be fixed with a software update. All that would be required would be a button combo similar to the delete function shortcut. I'm not sure of the limitations they have with processes such as this, but even the Boss RC2 (which was out in 2006 by the way) had an undo function, yet the SP-555 is a much more complex beast.

The looper is really the key to the SP-555.. because without that.. it would be a 404 for me the whole way. On the right hand side we have the sampler processor which can indeed, undo (cleaver with the holding of del+pad to erase), I'm just wanting the left looper processor to as well to save messing round with technology, when I could be makin sweet music.

Peace.