It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 am

Post subject: Reason to SP 555 - tempo sync?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:04 am 

I use the latest version of Reason on my mac and sample sounds from my computer (output from computer to sp 555's RCA input), and in live situations I sync them together this way (computer - Sp 555 via line in) and go from the headphones output on the SP to my mixer. The reason I use the headphones out is so I can have stereo sound on my PA.

I have several questions about this set up

1. Is this the best (or easiest) way, for quality purposes, to plug my SP-computer combo into my mixer?

2. Since I compose on Reason and then sample to the SP, is there a way, for live purposes, to tempo sync Reason with the my SP 555 via USB? (with the tempo on reason being the deciding tempo for the SP)

3. Will samples sound better from reason if I record them via USB rather than RCA, and is this even possible??

Any responses would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

~Soundpwner

Post subject: Re: Reason to SP 555 - tempo sync?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:39 pm 
Most Creative Producer of the Year '09

Hey man

1.maybe for you it is but I would reccomend Reason--usb--555----mixer in that order

2. If you just set the BPM on the 555 the same as reason you will be fine. the sync option is only good if you want to launch patterns in the program the same time as the 555...

3. Samples actually should be noticeably better by USB. There are many noise problems that RCA can introduce because of interference or ground loops. Plug in the USB and select ASIO Sp-555 as your soundcard in reason's audio preferences

Post subject: Re: Reason to SP 555 - tempo sync?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:36 pm 

Thanks
Oh also forgot to mention I go from the 555 to a 404 via line in/out and then from the 404 into the mixer. Think it would be a better idea for sound quality purposes to just send them in to the mixer separately?

www.myspace.com/oxbuffalo