It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 pm

Post subject: Clicking sound in C-J banks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:09 pm 

I've just noticed this problem recently. Banks A-B work fine however when I store samples in the C-J Banks there is this 'glitchy' sound. When I store the same sample in the A-B banks it sounds fine. I tried adjusting the line in volume, seeing how I sample from my itunes but the samples continue to store with this clicking sound. Could it have something to do with my compact flash card or the sp-555 itself?

*Also any advice on using the pattern sequencer would be great? For instance, is it better to have a certain duration in mind when choosing samples? Do shorter samples produce better patterns?

*Lastly I can't find any information regarding using real instruments wit the sp-555 in the manual. I want to use my electric guitar, so do I follow the same procedure as when using a mic (except pressing the line-in button)?

Post subject: Re: Clicking sound in C-J banks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:56 pm 

i dont know anything about clicking noises in those banks. i havent experienced that.
but about the guitar. did you maybe, just plug the guitar in and play it. might be able to find out faster than asking. but uh, i think i read somewhere in the manual that if you plug in a mic that needs phantom power you switch the mic switch to 48v, and i think guitars would be one of the other 2 options like normal or that hi-z or whatever the other is(im at work so i aint sure) but the mic section is dedicated to the mic part so tyhe line in wouldnt work with it, if im correct. just plug it in, switch some stitches and listen for an input. if you have a electric guitar you prolly got an amp, try running a line from your amp to the line in if you can. that might work too.
peece

Post subject: Re: Clicking sound in C-J banks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:09 pm 
Most Creative Producer of the Year '09

the sequencer is funny no doubt

some times hold works to extend loops to the whole pattern, sometimes it doesn't

a lot of times you gotta put the samples in one shot mode ( gate/loop off)

as for guitar...simple. plug in and switch to normal

you may want a pre amp of some kind...maybe even your regular amp's headphone out