It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:02 pm

Post subject: New 555 User. Help really needed! Thanks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:19 pm 

Hi!
I bought this cool machine a week ago. After some days of investigation I cannot do a couple of things I need.
Please explain it to me like I am 6 years old, retarded and with a hangover guy. Teally, I am a guitar-piano player and this things requires an enormous effort to me, I'm just not easygoing with samplers. :cry:

I want to:

1-Play a sampler (mainly percusion loops, asigned to the 16 pad numbers) at a specific bpm, then play more and more loops dependig of the song moment. I know how to do this but then...
2-I want to record diferent things with the mic while percusion loops are playing.
3-I want the mic loops be ontime with the others.
4-How can I choose the effects (I want to do it real time) affects what. I mean, sometimes I want them to affect on what I am capturing at "loop capture" an sometimes I want them to be on the others. Is that posible?
5-Is there any posibility to send the live loops to a preset so I can beging looping again without turning of the song?
6-I don´t know how to do the cutting-editing on my Mac because the Sonar-LE that came along with the 555 is only for Windows. Any more or better programs to sincronice my 555 with my Mac? Free Sonar-LE for mac?
7-Ways to get my 555 along with pro-tools.

Sorry is this questions are to obviuos, I am sloooow at this. Hey! But I am a great guitar player and talented songwritter!

Thanks for wastig your time in this...

Post subject: Re: New 555 User. Help really needed! Thanks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:51 pm 
Most Creative Producer of the Year '09

hi.
thats a lot to take on!
you could diminish a lot of it by reading the manual till you find all the nuances...take it slow....this isn't an overnight process

1-Play a sample- if you have loops at the same speed there should be no problem here

2-I want to record diferent things with the mic while percusion loops are playing.-you press "source" select on the loop capture and it only grabs inputs, not the loops playing

3-I want the mic loops be ontime with the others.-find the BPM of the other loops, set the BPM on the machine (hold tap tempo and turn one of the knobs) then set the loop capture to MEASURE mode 1, 2 or 4

4-How can I choose the effects (I want to do it real time) affects what.- You hold effect assign and press the pads you want the effects on. you cannot put effects on the loop capture until you save it. ALSO, you should look at "manual effect assign" in the manual, so it doesn't automatically apply the echo when you press the button, which I think is your problem

5-Is there any posibility to send the live loops to a preset so I can beging looping again without turning of the song?
not really no, the loop capture is more of a song building tool than a live performance tool...there are ways to get around this though

1. quickly erase the loop (effect assign + rec) and start over...you would be surpised how effect this is if you are skilled at it, and you have plenty of finished loops and sounds all ready to go

2.have another sound source....and save the pad to the beat. for example, you have a bunch of people playing music, hit save to pad the pad you want...and this is the key part...hit save to pad ON THE BEAT of the other musicians. if that is even applicable to you, then you will have disguised the saving of the pad.

3. The most common way to get around this is just to prepare your songs on the pads using the loop capture only for transitions...remember you cant save your loops on most looper pedals anyway!

6-I don´t know how to do the cutting-editing on my Mac because the Sonar-LE that came along with the 555 is only for Windows. Any more or better programs to sincronice my 555 with my Mac? Free Sonar-LE for mac?

Sonar is windows only...

There are plenty mac options, Ableton Live is one of them, Logic is another

7-Ways to get my 555 along with pro-tools.
No experience with pro-tools....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:10 pm 

Wow. Quick, easy to understand and really helpfull. Problems solved!
I'll invite you to a paella whenever you come to Madrid.

thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:18 pm 
Most Creative Producer of the Year '09

Pau1097 wrote:
Wow. Quick, easy to understand and really helpfull. Problems solved!
I'll invite you to a paella whenever you come to Madrid.

thanks!

your welcome

and maybe some day!

i just looked up paella....thats some wild lookin food :shock: