It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 am

Post subject: aUTOSTART aCTUALLY wORKS!!! on the sp555
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:31 pm 

i read a couple post about how the autostart( in loop capture) on the sp555 doesnt work. i tested it out and the post was right, autostart always trims a few miliseconds from the sample when you use it. Just 5 mins ago i set up my 555 using it as an audio interface ( plugged into the computer with the usb cord) and im running it with reason recording basslines. I went to do a loop capture and for some reason i used the autostart and my loop was perfect. I just toked a little so i thought it was just me so i tried a few different bass variations and looped em all perfectly using the autostart to begin recording the loops. you gotta stop the loop on point, at the endpoint, to get the loop right but thats a given. but that autostart doesnt work like it would if you were recording form a line in. its doesnt trim the beginning. now im like "BEE DOO BEE DOO" basslines all night.
hope someone else benefits form this tip.
Peece
Springwater>>>>Natural Selection

Post subject: Re: aUTOSTART aCTUALLY wORKS!!! on the sp555
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:28 pm 

OK. i think it was just me, cause it sounds like the autostart does trim off the tiniest milisecond that the only way you could temm is to actually analyze the wave. i can sort of hear it but im listening with headphones and really spanking hard! heh, so uh, false alarm for those who like it perfect otherwise it trims so softly that you really cant even tell and it is totally better than autostarting the line in.
GO MAKE BEATS!
im out
Springwater