It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 pm

Post subject: where is the backup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:15 am 

I have two problems,
The main problem is when I do a backup it just saves for a second. And when I put the card into the reader I don't see any big files with all my samples in it. How does this backup work? The manual says it saves the patterns and samples data? Shouldn't I have a big file somewhere on the card? I just have 1 kb files in the backup folders.

My other question, I recently bought a Transcend 1 gb card. When I put it into the 555 it boots up and dies. The 555 will not let me format it. When I test the card on the computer it works fine. How come Roland gear is so sensitive with what kind of ram and CF card you use? More so than other companies out there?

Thanks
John

Post subject: Re: where is the backup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:20 pm 

John Carpenter wrote:
I have two problems,
The main problem is when I do a backup it just saves for a second. And when I put the card into the reader I don't see any big files with all my samples in it. How does this backup work? The manual says it saves the patterns and samples data? Shouldn't I have a big file somewhere on the card? I just have 1 kb files in the backup folders.

The back-up process only saves banks A & B... samples and patterns. I haven't gotten to specific with the file structure on the CF cards so maybe someone else can elaborate on that part of your question. Here's a thread discussing the back-up function that may provide some info for you:

viewtopic.php?t=2172&highlight=back

Quote:
My other question, I recently bought a Transcend 1 gb card. When I put it into the 555 it boots up and dies. The 555 will not let me format it. When I test the card on the computer it works fine. How come Roland gear is so sensitive with what kind of ram and CF card you use? More so than other companies out there?

Thanks
John
No idea why the CF reader on these things is so damn picky. I know that Sony cards work... here's a thread that gives a list:

viewtopic.php?t=1623&highlight=flash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:46 am 

If it helps i just bought a 2GB Sandisk Ultra II card and it works flawlessly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:06 pm 

Thanks for the info,

I was totally confused by the backup feature, the manual should have been more clear.

Also I was able to get my Transend CF card to work by putting it in after boot up and then formatting. It seems to work fine now. My guess is something in the original Transend formatting was making the 555's boot up hang.
John

Post subject: Re: where is the backup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:36 am 

Back up is the thing which is necessary to do the hard ware and the regarding way of making the good software contamination problems. The tips and tricks of the board index has all the top resume writing services with the making of back up and the backup storage.