It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:27 pm

Post subject: keymapping
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:53 pm 

Does anyone know if or how to upload and keymap a one-shot sample (ie a rhodes at C3) so that a midicontroller keyboard can be used to play this sample across all keys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:26 pm 

There are a couple of ways to do it.

You can make a file that has all the notes and, after loading the file onto the sampler, you can 'chop' it across all the pads in a bank.

Or, if you name the samples appropriately, you can load them straight onto the pads using the '404 sample import' method.

I use method 1 on the 606 as the autochop puts it on the pads for me, but method two might work better for the 555.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:02 am 

The 555 doesnt do this....Its the 1 thing I hate about it !!!! :x But, there are workarounds. Thankfully its got the USB so u can get a basic program to do this and sample each note to the pads. I do this with my EPS.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:34 am 

:oops: oh I see - he wants to turn one note into a whole keyboard's worth. As frantic said you are gonna have to do the mapping elsewhere before importing the sounds.

AcidXpress is free and does very well for the task. 11010101101010 lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:44 am 

in fl studio , you can save all your tracks or patterns in a singles files,
it s easy after to put on the 555 via the wave converter ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:21 pm 

I actually think the wave converter is kind of a piece of crap :) Its good for unloading your samples from the SP to the computer but its sooo time consuming to load files form your computer onto rach pad...one ata time... Id rather do it like the 404 does.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:17 am 

Quote:
sooo time consuming to load files form your computer onto each pad...one ata time

yeah, frantic. i hear ya. what's up with no drag n drop? what's up with no click to audition? needs work if it's going to be a "tool", yaknow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:26 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

I'd like a small 'preview pad' button too... something that gives you the ability to test which sample you've already added to the SP 555. I had a few samples I chopped separately and there were like 25 in total, but it turns out I had at least two samples imported twice on there... takes a lot of time to remove those double ones and rearrange all the samples on the other pads after the pad with the mistake on it...

The wave converter does it's job, but you better have really clean samples, because otherwise it'll be 'importing -> get your CF card out of your cardreader -> put it into your SP 555 -> turn it on and check out the sample -> if it's not good switch off your SP 555 -> put it in the CF reader again -> unload the sample -> import the tweaked one -> check it out again' ... and all this for just trying to get 1 sample right.

Not much of a workflow, eventhough importing/removing itself goes perfectly fine here.

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox