It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

Post subject: Man I hate being like this...
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:13 am 
Awesome Member

...but I gotta be honest. I find myself not coming here anywhere near as much because this color scheme is too hard on my eyes. This is my favorite place in the tubes, and I hate being a dick about it. And this is from a guy whose own site has a black motif. I know the new layout is in flux, and I also know I'm not chipping in for hosting so I've no right to complain. And yeah I guess I could get my browser to load a custom style sheet so my whiny ass could have whatever color scheme I want. I guess I'm posting this on the off chance there are other people who feel the same way but haven't said anything. You know I love you keesj. The new top links rule and you do a ton of work on our behalf. Don't take it wrong.

Post subject: Re: Man I hate being like this...
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:38 pm 
505 Award Winner '09

hmm...it took me a lil bit to figger out the new work flow, but the design scheme doesn't really bother me bro. tho i admit reading white on black can be a bit tough after awhile, i find i don't spend hours reading here....

just putting my two cents in there. its not a prob for me... and yeah, we ALL appreciate the efforts from keesj, so i don't fink he'll take offense w/ yr post.

post post post rock:
http://www.myspace.com/faunaflage | http://soundcloud.com/faunaflage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:52 am 

Man, that IG9 is a whiny dick!

:lol: Kidding

It really bothered me for at first too, but my eyes are finally adjusting to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:44 am 

i'm with iG9 on this, i get sore eyes from the new site. seems harder to 'take in' both on the forum level (new topics etc) and the thread level (individual posts)

however, i _really_ like the feature that unread topics/posts remain flashing as 'new' even when you've logged in/out a few times. i used to log on just to quickly check a PM and then later all new threads/posts reverted to read when they hadn't been

so it's not all bad!

love ya work Keesj

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

I appreciate the honesty iG9, and I know you're not alone who thinks the design is hard on the eyes. I visited the website using another computer, and I agree as well. It needs work.

The problem is we had to move to the new forum software at one point in time, but it wasn't technically possible to bring the design along so I had to create a new one (based on an existing, freely available, one to cut time).

So the next step is to alter the design so it's more easier on the eyes. Probably remove a lot of unnecessary text and icon elements as well to reduce clutter.

I'm currently working full-time on my graduation project, less than a month and I'm finished. Then, with my Bachelor of Arts degree ;), I should be able to fine-tune the design. Until then there's unfortunately not much I can do. I've even search eBay for some contrast-enhancing goggles, but to no avail.

:shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:33 pm 
Awesome Member

It's all good man good luck with your studies. In the mean time I changed the colors with FireBug.