It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

Post subject: SP TO AUDACITY
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:57 am 

I've looked everywhere but this seems to not be talked about. If you use Audacity with your SP 404sx, mind explaining to me how to record my beats on to audacity?? I plug in my RCA on to the Output of the SP and the audio jack to my speakers, but audacity doesnt pick up any sound from it. Where it audacity do I go to enable the sounds of the SP to play ? where do I plug my RCA cable ? thank you.

Post subject: Re: SP TO AUDACITY
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:50 am 

Are you using an audio interface or are you just plugging into your soundcard?

It's pretty easy, output going into input.
So have the outs on the SP going into either the Line In on your audio interface or the Mic on your soundcard.
Then make sure in Audacity next to the microphone whatever listed is selected for either your soundcard or interface.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:02 am 

i wasn't using any of those. Good to know. I have an interface at my studio, but i just wanted to know if there is one between the sound card and interface that's better than the other?

BTW, in the the options on Audacity "Line In" isnt even an option.. & if it is and i just cant see it where Can i find it? Also, if you know the name specifically of the setting of the mic that it has to be in that would help a lot too. thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:03 am 

MattCoops wrote:
Are you using an audio interface or are you just plugging into your soundcard?

It's pretty easy, output going into input.
So have the outs on the SP going into either the Line In on your audio interface or the Mic on your soundcard.
Then make sure in Audacity next to the microphone whatever listed is selected for either your soundcard or interface.

^^^

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:30 am 

RICKYREASONZ wrote:
I've looked everywhere but this seems to not be talked about. If you use Audacity with your SP 404sx, mind explaining to me how to record my beats on to audacity?? I plug in my RCA on to the Output of the SP and the audio jack to my speakers, but audacity doesnt pick up any sound from it. Where it audacity do I go to enable the sounds of the SP to play ? where do I plug my RCA cable ? thank you.

By that, I always check audacity guides, so that I get more knowledge and find the solution of how to manage sounds recording.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:58 pm 

you have an 404sx? just take the SD card out, pop it in your computer and drag your wav files into audacity.