It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:57 am

Post subject: mc307
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:25 am 

a shop by me has a GOOD price on one of these ($140)... im looking for it to me heavy on synth sounds... i could care less about the drums on it im looking more for long droning sounds... maybe some funky strings and other ambiance... the videos on youtube are heavy on drum and bass and techno. its like looking up stuff on the electribes and hoping for "hip hop"... anyone got any info on it or suggestions? i actually may have written a post JUST like this once before

Post subject: Re: mc307
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:18 am 

congratulations for this machine.
i think it's very powerful.
i got a roland d2 wich is exactly the same as the 307, except the key, the pitch/vinyl and the fx tweaking: they got the same sound patches...
if you try to do "hiphop" patterns remember to use the great "play quantize" features: you can create crazy rythms with...
you have also some similar tb303 patches (i say similar, because tb303 is impossible to imitate)to create weird basses...
i think the main difference with the electribes is that the 307 (and the roland grooveboxes in gneral) "accepts" to record in a less rigid quantize style: the elctribes are more techno oriented than the roland machines.

i like very much the sequencer 307/d2 got. and you can controll other machines with in an easy and funny way.

Formal got a 307, you can ask him good questions about this gear.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:04 pm 

cool thanks! i just sent him a pm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:02 am 

Haven’t seen one in awhile, but I’m sure they’re affordable if you know where to look. At least you get a better screen than the 303’s LCD. But I should research how many patterns you have the memory to create your own. (Because the 303 only had 50. All the rest you couldn’t change)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:31 am 

The 307 is dope cause you get all the sounds of the 303 and the 505 in the small package. I have one downstairs that I have yet to get into but you should request a picture of the "machine" Ghostbazz is rocking.
some sort of modded 307, he rocks with a keyboard.

between the 307 and Roland D2 there is no point to the 303 or 505.

Attachments:
IMG_0622forum.jpg
IMG_0622forum.jpg [ 42.5 KiB | Viewed 4915 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:52 pm 

I guess you would miss out on the D-Beam and some extra outputs. But you can get those on a MC909, but that’s the size of a cash register & don’t even commit to that if you don’t have the desk space for it!! But a 307 isn’t as big, and has all the sounds you’d want. But what about the memory?? Surely you’re not stuck with 50 memory slots like the 303. And it doesn’t have the memory smart media slot of the 505/909 come to think of it. :shock: