It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:28 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:24 pm 
Awesome Member

a friend of mine had a virus, that thing was sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:09 am 

my low budget synth, well it's not really a synth, a keyboard if you will... anyhows i have a yamaha PSR-11 with the cheesy sounds(i like the cosmic sound) which i run through a Elextrix Filter Queen which i kopped from CList for $50... i like what it does to the sounds... i maybe off topic again

anybody fcuk with this:

http://www.electrixpro.com/products/filterqueen.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:39 am 

I have been using a Novation K Station for a few months now and its a great little synth :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

i had a microkorg and a ms2000 rack and i think they both sound slightly different... i heard there's a different (warmer?) filter in the microkorg. anyway i would still get the ms2000 because next to the sound the user interface is the most important thing for me...it gotta have dedicated knobs...i dont like to work with all these matrixes...thats why i ditched the microkorg ( still miss it tho )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:07 pm 

i have a roland v-synth xt.....sound great!

http://www.reverbnation.com/vivipedraglio
http://www.soundcloud.com/vivipedraglio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:13 am 

Finally got an AN-200. I like it very much, very very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:44 pm 

I got a korg tr 61 a few weeks ago. The thing gives everything you need : great keys, fat basses, great leads, and surprisingly good drums sounds. I doubt I'll ever need something more since you can program your own sounds and I can add athe sampling option that allows everything the 404 lacks.

I still use the 404 as the core of the studio anyway : I chop my own riffs, and record the rythm on it, to keep it raw.

alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:47 am 

Why has noone mentioned the Xiosynth25? full sized keys, audio interface, MIDI controller and that's just a bonus on top of the PHAT MFN polyphonic sound engine, 300USD it's a steal, so never touch a kaossilator while this exists, it fills so many functions and it sounds the shit, Roots Manuva and Rennie Pilgrim are large users of it to verify it's awesomeness!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:19 pm 

i use the sh201. im a fan personally. i guess they were originally made for this music school in japan to teach kids synthesis (lfos, filters, etc.) but everybody just loved it so... now we gott em in the states. of course id love a moog voyager os or DSI prophet 08, but i aint got that money! so the 201 fills my need for now. eventually i think i want a korg ms-20 with some moog fx and a rhodes ha. but for now i can only dream. (sorry about this paragraph. im a recovering gear-slut)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:27 pm 
Awesome Member

i'm jealous :cry: :) i wanna scoop up one of those sh-201's. that would be all i need for some basic leads, pads, bass, n some synth work. but i digress, i'm to broke. there's always next holidays lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:32 pm 

Last friday I got my new old synth... its a 10 years old Waldorf microwave XT, it souds fat and nasty!
8 parts in multi mode, some onboard FX, nice arpeggiator, lots of pots to tweak, pads can be gentle as breeze from the sea or drill killer leads or basses.
My best synth so far, can emulate sounds like TB303, kind of moog bass, solina, PPG... its really very twakable. It is wavetable synth with like 60 different waveforms to switch... cool filters... like 8 or 10 different ones.
It doesn't need a preamp, it has output line level, like SP 555 for instance.
Im very excited everytime I touch the keys of this beast. Tonight I hope for another night session.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:33 pm 

Seriously the xiosynth25 is a appitamy of bargain, the thing is electronic jesus, dun let it's toy like looks fool you it can pump with the best, nice strong and detailed editing system (ok so there are afew menus but they are logically laid out and half the stuff you'd never really need to touch except for the rare occassion) and you get a copy of Bass Station VST with it, I can't big ups it enough haha Someone called it the poor mans TI Virus and I think they may be right :lol:

Probably my best buy ever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:58 pm 
Awesome Member

the novation is definitely a steal for what it offers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:53 pm 

At the end of the day ignore all of us, go listen to demos, and go have a play at the shop with all the different ones, we are just saying what's out there and are always gonna favour our own gear because we chose it for that reason.

Choose the one you like because if you don't like how it sounds or feels you're gonna have buyers remorse and sell the thing or have it sit in a corner for years, it's gotta work with your flow, sound right TO YOU and has to be in your price bracket.

Research is your best friend, listen to people, learn what to look for but at the end of the day you're not trying to please them :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:31 pm 
Awesome Member

well said epinema

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next