It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 pm

Post subject: Help - Calling All MicroFreak Users!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:52 pm 

Is there anyone with a MicroFreak on here could help me out?

I just bought one but for some reason the aftertouch only works on the black keys. It's currently loaded with the version 3 firmware so I thought it might be a bug, so I checked on the Arturia website. The new version 4 firmware doesn't list this problem as a fixed bug and I can 't find anyone else complaining about it on the web either.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Even if I start with an initialised patch, go into the matrix and set pressure to modulate pitch, I still get same problem where all keys work, but only the black keys will react to aftertouch. I've even got the keyboard mode set to aftertouch in the settings menu!

Please don't tell me I have to send this thing back as well ... pleeeeeeeeease!

Post subject: Re: Help - Calling All MicroFreak Users!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:15 pm 

Man, you couldn't make this shit up, it actually looks as if this thing is faulty.

Hate to say it but it's beginning to look as if Danswift was right, maybe this music making lark just isn't for me. Granted, it's not my fault it's faulty, but I don't know how much worse my luck could get buying gear and I'm honestly thinking of calling it a day now.

I've tried everything and watched a ton of videos and have never seen this problem, so what are the odds I would end up with the only fucking MicroFreak in existence with a fault!

Wow ... just wow :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:02 am 

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?board=369.0
https://gearspace.com/

Have an ask in these forums and see if there’s a reddit on the MicroFreak and synth in general?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:02 am 

another one
https://forum.vintagesynth.com/
mostly classic synths but also new ones

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:45 am 

SP-USER wrote:
Man, you couldn't make this shit up, it actually looks as if this thing is faulty.

Hate to say it but it's beginning to look as if Danswift was right, maybe this music making lark just isn't for me. Granted, it's not my fault it's faulty, but I don't know how much worse my luck could get buying gear and I'm honestly thinking of calling it a day now.

I've tried everything and watched a ton of videos and have never seen this problem, so what are the odds I would end up with the only fucking MicroFreak in existence with a fault!

Wow ... just wow :(

Buyer’s remorse already? That was fast! Did you buy it new or used? If new, get your replacement pronto! If it was used, hopefully you can flip it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:05 am 

Thanks for the links although I'm not joining forums just to ask about this. It's a popular piece of gear anyway so hopefully someone on here with a MicroFreak will spot this thread and try what I said, but if not, it'll just have to be returned.

Not holding out much hope to be honest. I cannot in my wild imagination, imagine why a person would want to disable aftertouch only on the white keys - makes no sense at all. It would make sense to disable aftertouch throughout, but not just on the white keys - that just sounds fucked-up to me!

If I have no luck on here then I'll just ask the retailer to look into it, but I think I already know the outcome. I bought it new so I'm not worried about being able to return it, what bothers me is I don't want to have to return it, I'm absolutely fed-up of having to return stuff!

:x :x :x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:54 am 

Found nothing in the search engines but I've found stuff on YouTube. There's multiple videos on there of people having hardware faults with the keys, and looking at the comment sections of those videos, there's a lot of "me too" so it seems it happens often. There's people on there claiming they have the same problem as the uploader, some from new, and some only after a little use.

So it's definitely faulty and to be honest I'm not sure I want another one when these keys are so prone to such problems. Either way I'll have to make a decision before contacting the dealer. While I want to order another one, my heart is telling me not to do so. It sort of reminds me of the situation I was in with the Roland Juno-G way back. The one I had wasn't faulty, but I discovered just days after buying it that they're notorious for display failure, so I thought well fuck that for a lark, it's going back!!!

It got returned so that I wouldn't find myself in that situation, and if I was to order another MicroFreak I think it would constantly be at the back of my mind, wondering when they keys are going to pack up, it's just the way I am, especially since it takes me so long to save the cash for this bloody stuff!

:roll: