It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:45 pm

Post subject: what's the dopest thing you heard from a "I Pod Touch&
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:32 pm 

A friend of mine was fooling w/ his and it seems like it has a lot of potential.
Things I heard on Youtube wasn't all that impressive, but I'm thinking in the right hands.......... by the way this is a sampler application.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:52 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Cool idea, but I'm wondering if it's really useful. I'd rather have a sound module like app like on the Nintendo DS that I can sample from instead, and just do my beats on a true sampler. :wink:

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:52 pm 

It had a bunch of kits that comes with that application since it basically a "mini MAC", I was thinking there would be new stuff coming out all the time for it. I think that came out last year, so it seems like there would be some new stuff out for it now already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:36 pm 

i have that program for my iphone, i've actually made some pretty dope stuff while waiting for my girlfriend while shopping or in the car on long drives. i'll post up a few quick examples tonight or tomorrow. haven't had much time to mess with it since they updated it, but they added a bunch of cool stuff. there is another program called noise.io that is a pretty deep synth kaossilater type thing that you can record and then import back into beat maker all on the iphone/ipod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:39 am 

nice for $20!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHdaI6DzRxU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:46 am 

yeah... beatmaker is dope. After not messing with it for a couple months, I just picked it up again last week and there have been some major updates that make it even better. Here's a track I did a while back, re-posted.

get that bread.mp3 - 4.94MB

PHeMoX wrote:
Cool idea, but I'm wondering if it's really useful. I'd rather have a sound module like app like on the Nintendo DS that I can sample from instead, and just do my beats on a true sampler. :wink:
Word... for that I would recommend this app: http://noise.io/

ipod/iphone holds it down in the portable beatmaking category... well, aside from a 404 that is. For the size, it's pretty crazy what you can do with em. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:26 am 

love that mini joint count

dope shit.

ive been meaning to hack my psp and get the beat making program they have for it... apparently its just like fruity loops. Hema showed it to me... speaking of.. where tha fuck is that dude? last i heard he was in an ice storm with no power. hope everything is okay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:03 pm 

this is right on time, i just got my ipod touch last week and i really like it but haven't dl'ed any music making apps yet cuz i was still gettin' the feel of it.
keep 'em coming

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:17 pm 

Aside from buying one brand new, how can you tell if it is a 1st or 2nd generation I touch. I was told there were things you couldn't do with the music app that you could do with the new new one .... like record vocal tracks and sample.

I plan to have one of the these by the end of the week. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:55 pm 

whyse0ne wrote:

dope shit.

ive been meaning to hack my psp and get the beat making program they have for it... apparently its just like fruity loops. Hema showed it to me... speaking of.. where tha fuck is that dude? last i heard he was in an ice storm with no power. hope everything is okay.

I think the one you are talking about is called psp rythm. it seems pretty cool, but i haven't messed around with it too much. there is another one called PSPSEQ http://www.dspmusic.org/psp/ that is fresh, i'm still trying to wrap my head around it...but it's a really unique synth/sequencer. there are some videos on youtube that go through some of the features.

Count Sierackula wrote:
yeah... beatmaker is dope. After not messing with it for a couple months, I just picked it up again last week and there have been some major updates that make it even better. Here's a track I did a while back, re-posted.

get that bread.mp3 - 4.94MB

nice one, i don't think i've had the patience with that thing to sequence something out to that extent...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:25 pm 

whyse0ne wrote:

dope shit.

ive been meaning to hack my psp and get the beat making program they have for it... apparently its just like fruity loops. Hema showed it to me...
Thanks homie. That PSP app looks pretty dope. I've been wanting one of those things for a minute. Looks like you can do a lot with em once their hacked... you can download the games for free right?

whyse0ne wrote:
speaking of.. where tha fuck is that dude? last i heard he was in an ice storm with no power. hope everything is okay.
No doubt. I saw footage of that sh*t on the news. Hopefully he didn't have to chop up his studio for firewood. Been a while since he dropped a comment on here.

reignbear wrote:
nice one, i don't think i've had the patience with that thing to sequence something out to that extent...
Thanks man. Yeah... that track took a while. All the sample packs where exported from my 555. I wish I had the newer gen ipod with the mic in it... that would be so ill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:30 pm 

Buttafinguz wrote:
Aside from buying one brand new, how can you tell if it is a 1st or 2nd generation I touch. I was told there were things you couldn't do with the music app that you could do with the new new one .... like record vocal tracks and sample.

I plan to have one of the these by the end of the week. :wink:
I don't know how to tell the difference, but if you can afford it, get a new one so you're sure you got the audio-in capabilities. It's still a dope app without it tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:59 am 

the new ones have an external volume rocker on the left side i believe and the back is slightly rounded compared to the 1st gen, also the 2nd gen has an unadvertised faster processor, so it's the fastest out of the bunch. stuff loads quicker on my girlfriends ipod touch 2nd gen compared to my iphone 3g.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:06 am 

Count Sierackula wrote:
Thanks homie. That PSP app looks pretty dope. I've been wanting one of those things for a minute. Looks like you can do a lot with em once their hacked... you can download the games for free right

yessir free as in.. FREE. Ha. I recommend buying one.. get an older one, they are easier to hack. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:21 pm 

the PSP app is called TRAXXMAXX or something like that. Ive heard some nice stuff form it, but it not on the level of the I touch app.
I didn't really care for it, but I broke my PSP, before I could really get into it. Decent start, but the interface was really annoying. If you got a hacked PSP it's well worth it.... just not as good as the I TOUCH..... It's set up like a MPC, alot of storage, really got onboard sounds, and it $20!? :shock: